Talk

Advanced search

How to disguise a black eye....

(13 Posts)
CrashDiet Tue 03-Dec-19 14:23:50

Ladies I need your help. I've got a whopping black eye. It's yellow around the outside near my hairline then goes into a deep purple at my eye socket and then on my eye lid.

I've got an important meeting at work tomorrow. I don't mind having a black eye (I'll address it) but I'd like to try and reduce the impact if I can.

Are there any particular concealors or make-up you'd recommend? I am heading to a city centre Boots this afternoon (in sunglasses!!) so there'll be lots of brands there. I don't want to spend tonnes but I'm not on a shoe string budget

Thank you!!

DinoSn0re Tue 03-Dec-19 14:25:43

Dermablend would help. It covers my black tattoos, so would definitely lessen the impact of a black eye.

HarrietTheFly Tue 03-Dec-19 14:26:31

How did you get a black eye? Sorry, nosy, but I hope you're ok. If they have any of those make up counter women it is probably best to ask one of them. I think benefit have a good concealer set.

Putting ice on it in the meantime to help with swelling.

BillywigSting Tue 03-Dec-19 14:26:40

Pink to hide the yellow, green to hide the purple then foundation, powder, eyeshadow etc.

I hope whatever/whoever gave you the black eye is dealt with as soon as possible flowers

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Tue 03-Dec-19 14:28:41

I hope you're OK OP, but to answer your question Bobbi Brown's under eye concealer is great for my very dark shadows. You'll need foundation to blend it in though, or else it looks very weird.

ThomasShelbysBunnet Tue 03-Dec-19 14:31:34

I gave myself a black eye once by knocking down my metal coat stand and turning round just as it whacked me in the eye.
I found some fake tan over the rest of my face to balance out the yellow edges, then Laura Geller concealer (Debenhams) and I wore my glasses for a full 10 days to try and disguise it. Good luck.

SpuriouserAndSpuriouser Tue 03-Dec-19 14:33:55

Are you ok OP?

Another vote for dermablend if you can get hold of it, that stuff will cover anything.

Winterdaysarehere Tue 03-Dec-19 14:34:13

Declare it fancy dress day and borrow a parrot and make an eye patch?
Sorry sleep deprived.....

CrashDiet Tue 03-Dec-19 14:48:14

Thank you for the suggestions! I've not heard of dermablend but it sounds marvellous.

I hope I can get it from Boots though?

How I got it...
Me and DP were sorting out our under-the-stairs-cupboard-of-doom. He was on a chair passing me stuff and dropped a heavy box of old shit and it clocked me straight in the face.

My over-dramatic collapse onto the floor had him in stitches until I looked up and looked like I'd gone a few rounds with Frank Bruno. Then he was sorry both for the box and for laughing. He's being dealt with, he's on tea-making duty from now until the end of the year grin

DinoSn0re Tue 03-Dec-19 15:11:04

I order my dermablend from the boots website, our local stores don’t stock it, but they are small! Larger stores would probably have it. Make sure you get the setting powder and get your husband to pay for it as it’s not cheap!

ChardonnaysDistantCousin Tue 03-Dec-19 15:13:54

Arnica settles the bruising.

Did you put something cold on it? Frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel will do.

SleighOfSparkliness Tue 03-Dec-19 15:23:10

Paint rainbow colours on it and say you identify as fabulous.

PS Ouch though!

SleepyReindeer Tue 03-Dec-19 17:44:36

Colour correcting concealer. Bobbi brown do one, you'd need an orange one to counteract the dark bruise (presume it's blue/purple ATM) then normal foundation/concealer on top. Dab on the colour corrector, a small brush is best.

Any usual concealer will be skin-toned and the bruise will show through ashy underneath. Counteract the dark bruise tone first then concealer. Hope it gets better soon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »