Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boden virgin alert!!! I'm thinking of ordering, Can I ask a few questions?

(18 Posts)
peachygirl Mon 20-Aug-07 22:14:51

I've looked at the catalogue before but with the times offer there is a little jacket I really like.
jersey peacoat

I really need to get away from wearing either hoodies or a waterproof jacket.
I haven't done any measuring yet but am normally a size 10. I have slightly larger norks due to Breastfeeding.

What are their sizes like?
when it say machine washable does it really mean that?
Is the fabric quality nice?

PeachesMcLean Mon 20-Aug-07 22:52:56

bumping for you.
My only experience is an age 3 tshirt my child has and he's now a tall 6 year old.

Have never bought boden for myself, but this in black or grey is very "me" although even with the offer of £106 in the newspaper this weekend, I'm not sure I can justify it.

cornsilk Mon 20-Aug-07 23:01:10

wHAT'S THE TIMES OFFER THEN?

PeachesMcLean Tue 21-Aug-07 08:20:59

here

Do I spend £106 on a coat?

littlelapin Tue 21-Aug-07 08:27:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Roseylea Tue 21-Aug-07 08:27:31

Peaches I am asking myself the same question!

I am veering towards "Yes! Buy it!" on the basis that it will last a good 8 or so years for me (I keep things I like for a long time!) and if you work it out cost per wear it's actualy pretty cheap!

I am thinking of getting the black or blue. The blue looks like it'd go with most colours. I have a Boden gilet as well which is lovely and snuggly for the autumn...

PeachesMcLean Tue 21-Aug-07 08:33:56

Hey, Peachygirl, have you seen the thread on "how to chop up and cook an over ripe peach"?

We're not their friends, are we?

Roseylea, I know, it's the longevity you have to think of. And it would be free to send it back if I got it and it didn't look so good on. But we're moving house on Thursday and I sort of feel I should be spending my money on wardrobes and paint. Which are more urgent. Hmmm.....

peachygirl Tue 21-Aug-07 16:49:49

Thanks everyone. the other coat is lovely peaches. but I think it would be a tad too long for me (I'm on the petite side).
I only glances at the cooking peaches thread they were talking cobblers {grin]

Rosylea with the offer I thought the price becomes comparable with prices in say debehams where I was looking at a jecket the other day and It would get lots of wear.. I'll get the tape measure out

Nbg Tue 21-Aug-07 16:54:46

Theres a £10 off £30 spend if your going for it

peachygirl Tue 21-Aug-07 21:59:16

I've ordered it!! In Blue, I'm a bit woried it might be too long but I can always return it.

PeachesMcLean Tue 21-Aug-07 22:11:45

Hurray! Will look good I'm sure. Report back, when you get it, won't you?

seeker Tue 21-Aug-07 22:16:08

I have never yet been able to buy anything from Boden - everything I want is always out of stock! Or they realize that I'm not fit to be Bodenista so I'm not allowed to have a flippy skirt.....

Roseylea Thu 23-Aug-07 08:40:20

Do you reckon they have a secret vetting system of would-be cutomers, then?

Maybe they pretend to be market researchers and accost you in the town centre with inane questions about children's yogurt, with the real aim of finding out if you are "Boden enough"...!

(If that were true I'm sure I'd fail any Boden test!)

lucykate Thu 23-Aug-07 08:44:38

what size did you order peachy?, sometimes the button up stuff can be a bit on the tight side.

sugarmatches Thu 23-Aug-07 11:35:46

Hope your ordered the coat in one size smaller as they are running big!!
I sent mine back to swap for the next smaller size and was told I waould have to wait several weeks.
!!!

LaCerbiatta Thu 23-Aug-07 14:22:32

I'm also a Boden virgin, but love this one. Has anyone ordered it? Is it a good fit? It's quite reasonably priced, specially with the 15%, isn't it?

peachygirl Thu 23-Aug-07 16:16:12

aah that's interesting about the sizing I measured myself and got a 10.

peachygirl Tue 28-Aug-07 19:22:19

My jacket arrrived today and it's a pretty good fit, the sleeves are a bit long but thats noting unusual for me. It's thinner than I expected but is really just what I was looking for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now