Talk

Advanced search

Beauty Advent Calendars 2019 - the sequel!

(395 Posts)
Writersblock2 Sat 23-Nov-19 19:07:25

Here’s a link to the old thread:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/3679772-Beauty-Advent-Calendars-2019?watched=1&msgid=91801891#91801891

Writersblock2 Sat 23-Nov-19 19:08:59

So...is the Grazia one worth it? Any Debenhams calendars still knocking about...? shock

FadingStar Sat 23-Nov-19 19:17:00

The Grazia one looks ok I think...would love to try the perfume but it's only 5mls. confused

Ponks Sat 23-Nov-19 19:44:08

It's odd that the Estée Lauder companies didn't do a calendar this year - last year's one looked great. But I'm very happy with my Holland and Barratt calendar , particularly as I have no idea what's in it!

Bansku19 Sat 23-Nov-19 19:53:44

Grazia would be something I would like but we will see. I am only looking into calendars under £50 and even then it has to be of great value.

eatsleepmoverepeat Sat 23-Nov-19 19:56:45

Oooh thanks for the new thread. Even though I already have way too many and need to stop looking at it!

PrincessWatermelon Sat 23-Nov-19 20:21:15

Just checking in. Can not spend a penny more, so really shouldn't be here as you're all a terrible influence. But hi!!! 👋

FadingStar Sat 23-Nov-19 20:22:55

Lol I think so many of us are now in the same penniless boat.😂😂 Still keep my eye on discounts though.😂

Butterymuffin Sat 23-Nov-19 20:45:46

Checking in too. I won't get the Grazia one myself but I posted the info at the end of the last thread as I know folk are still bargain hunting. @Bansku19 it should be priced at 42.50 come Monday.
I would like J L but it'd have to come down a lot more, which seems unlikely. But I'll keep an eye out for any good deals next weekend (after I've been paid).

Sammi38 Sat 23-Nov-19 20:59:43

Wondering if the amazon one will be available at a reduced price next Friday?

I have so many at the moment, think I got a touch carried away!

RenardeRenarde Sat 23-Nov-19 21:06:22

Going to try to avoid buying anymore, I REALLY don’t need them. There’s also a lot of Black Friday beauty boxes starting to appear, Look Fantastic just sent me a link to one and Glossybox have one too. Must. Not. Buy.

CottonHeadedNinyMuggins Sat 23-Nov-19 23:00:28

Really wish I'd got the Holland And Barrett one when it was in stock for my mum.... she kept refusing and saying it was alright she didn't want one (she did... but she wouldn't admit it cos she's awkward until it was too late!). I kept looking at it 3/4 times over a few days and asking her if she wanted it and she kept saying no.

Since then she's seen mine and now keeps getting me to check daily even though I know it's a no(!) Parents...!! grin

Have bought her the Nivea instead (she wants more skincare than beauty). She won't wait next year...! grin

CottonHeadedNinyMuggins Sat 23-Nov-19 23:01:42

(mine as in beauty advent calendars - not mine as in H&B otherwise I'd give her it)

The Amazon did say it woul d be back in stock a week or so ago on the 21st but unless it came in and went out same day (i didn't check) they might be holding the stock back for BF?

ReeRi Sat 23-Nov-19 23:06:18

The John Lewis one was 30% off when I looked yesterday

plightofthealbatross Sat 23-Nov-19 23:13:41

What I really would love to have is the Elemis calendar come down in price... but I have a couple I'm looking forward to opening.

ReeRi Sat 23-Nov-19 23:18:17

I’m interested in ESPA but can’t justify spending that much on body produce when I have so much

Costacoffeeplease Sat 23-Nov-19 23:36:35

I’m an espa convert, had one of their facials at a spa recently and WOW

Talisin Sun 24-Nov-19 01:07:22

The Amazon one was on the Treasure Truck on Tuesday or Wednesday for £34.99 so that’s probably that unless they’re making more (and it’s a bit late now).

MiaN Sun 24-Nov-19 04:44:15

I watched unboxing of Graczia and not impressed

FadingStar Sun 24-Nov-19 07:42:22

Some of the Beauty Boxes look lovely...the Philosophy one for example. But I just don't need any more products now so going to concentrate on gift buying for others.

FlyingPenguine Sun 24-Nov-19 07:48:04

I liked the look of the Fenwick one but its sold out now probably good as I have tonnes of products to use already

LEELULUMPKIN Sun 24-Nov-19 11:08:18

Also posted this on the previous thread but asking here too. Has anyone received their mankind calendar and what is your opinion of it? Worth it?

AlwaysOnAbloodyDiet Sun 24-Nov-19 11:09:55

I'm thinking of buying another one on Black Friday, for January

ruthieness Sun 24-Nov-19 12:11:28

Ha Ha - I was out walking dog and was very deep in thought over the decision as to which Calendar to get for my daughters - inadvertently completely blanked another dog walker saying polite hello!

it was Chris Evans - bet that does not happen very often!!

Going to shops now!

PlatinumBrunette Sun 24-Nov-19 12:20:33

I've left it a bit late this year but can anyone please recommend a mostly make-up calendar for DD? I had one in mind but it was mainly lipstick and she doesn't wear it.
TIA!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »