Page 40 | It's cold outside so the lovely friendly perfumistas are by the fireplace, sniffing our scarves and dreaming of the desert

(994 Posts)
Lotsofpots Thu 21-Nov-19 05:32:16

I think we're on thread no 24 - appropriate for the upcoming advent fun!

OP’s posts: |
MotherOfDragonite Sat 08-Feb-20 09:37:30

SOTD will be Fluffy Lemon Top :-)

I feel I'm in a bit of a perfume rut (Fluffy Lemon Top / Diptyque 34 -- and before that, Ffern Winter 20 or Monyette Paris) but quite happy with it. Busy with the kids and work, and still just trying to get on top of life.

Happy weekend, perfumistas!

KaliforniaDreamz Sat 08-Feb-20 13:00:09

I've got a cold and sore throat and feeling sorry for myself.
SOTD Avon Timeless.

Blue your comment made me laugh. How does it smell after an hour or so?

Flora i am crap at spreadsheets but i did write notes when i was tracking fown my MH perfume from 2000. Perhaps you can share yours with the group!!!

yoikes Sat 08-Feb-20 13:12:14

Sorry blue I thought I'd replied...
I like avon softmusk delice. It's got a chocolate note on me and is a nice bedtime scent.
I like the new mystque amber too...bit peachy in the top notes though.
Sotd 4160 temptation yet again.
I was tempted by some of the 4160 sale stuff but I don't do well on blind buys so played it safe.
Really must rein in the spending! 😖

PearsMorgan Sat 08-Feb-20 16:30:02

SOTD anima Vinci Oud Delight. Love this. Subtle oud with rose. Still not convinced at the price though and we have determined that oud makes husband sneeze. I am on my own in the house which is very very rare and just enjoying the silence before I set out to collect child from party.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sat 08-Feb-20 20:53:30

SOTD FM POAL. It is wild here, hope everyone is tucked up safe inside!

yoikes Sun 09-Feb-20 10:05:33

Very windy and rainy here. Few trees down and power cuts locally.
Hope scots perfumistas are all ok?
I'm still struggling to read snall text so apols for any typos!
Back at hospital on weds for more tests sad
Sotd will be something warm and comforting I think..
Maybe an andy tauer...

MrsMoggs Sun 09-Feb-20 10:08:07

DCat is not impressed by the weather.

Trying to force myself out to the gym...

KedsAndTubeSocks Sun 09-Feb-20 10:43:41

I went out for a run - very blustery! We're down south though, so not too bad.
SOTD Londinium - thanks MrsM!
🤞yoikes. & flowers

Bluesheep8 Sun 09-Feb-20 12:08:18

To be honest I haven't actually sprayed any soft musk delice on my skin. I cant bear to, quite frankly. I know I really shouldn't judge on a tiny spray and sniff in the air but it's nose wrinklingly awful in my opinion. I usually love the fact that smells remind me of things/places but this is taking me to a birthday party with kids overdosing on sugar. On spraying it I could almost visualise Battenburg cake and a trifle decorated with silver balls and jelly tots like we had in the 70s! cakeconfused I always joke to people that I like to smell of the 70s (Rive Gauche, Youth Dew, Panache, Chique) but I don't want to smell like a children's birthday party from that era!

Bluesheep8 Sun 09-Feb-20 12:10:00

SOTD will be just the new Liz Earle basil and bergamot body lotion. I want clean and simple today.

MrsMoggs Sun 09-Feb-20 12:51:43

Have just retrieved wheely bin from the middle of the road...

teta Sun 09-Feb-20 17:27:16

L' occitane Eau d' Iparie is Sotd. It's still really windy here and I'm trying to sort out my very messy bedroom. Dd2 has taken all my clothes hangers so I have piles of clothes everywhere and a tiny antique wardrobe. I'm also wondering whether it's too early for a glass of wine.
@Yoikes I had my eyes lasered years ago and I couldn't read for several days. It was the most frustrating thing.So 👍 you get it sorted soon xx

yoikes Sun 09-Feb-20 17:38:40

teta I've done sod all today...made pancakes, mopped some floors and done a couple of loads of washing...
It got VERY squally here for a while...bit scary. Lots of trees down.
Re: eye - I'm trying to not Google but all signs point to early wet AMD which is not good.
I'm so cross with myself.
Everytime things are set to get easier for me/us something goes wrong or I get ill.
Sigh.
This was the year I was supposed to go bsck to paid work. Ffs.
Still no sotd

MrsMoggs Sun 09-Feb-20 18:33:10

flowers for Yoikes - sorry you are having such a rotten time.

Teta - might have to go and sort mine out later now smile. Strayed onto the Preppers thread earlier shock, then cleared our the medicine shelf in anticipation of bulk-buying Vicks vapour rub and hydration powders. I do really need to stick to S&B grin.

I quite like the idea of smelling like a 70s Battenburg Bluesheep... so have been rustling around for a vanillary heliotrope. Could only find Aubade which is a bit too musky and sophisticated (and not so sweet).

teta Sun 09-Feb-20 18:46:05

@Yoikes that sounds really tough 💐. Fingers crossed that it's not what you think it is. Sometimes googling is the worse thing.
@MrsMoggs I've been reading the thread too. We were in HK during Sars, years ago and DH works for a company in Shenzhen so it's all rather close to home for us. If it goes on to long who knows what might happen economically, let alone the human cost of a new virus. I have encouraged DH to prep though, so we're prepared. He came home with 9 half price free range chickens yesterday grin.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sun 09-Feb-20 20:13:55

SOTD Kiehl’s Musk. Still wild weather here, I am hoping my work has blown away!

yoikes I hope things are okay for you. I snapped the leg on my glasses last week, and can’t get new ones until I have had a sight test, so am squinting in my back up pair - not seeing properly is horrible.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sun 09-Feb-20 20:17:33

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/3818670-Winter-feels-like-4160-Tuesdays-long-The-Lovely-Friendly-Perfumistas-dream-of-spring-fragrances-It-s-thread-25?watched=1

I started a new thread.

Calmasasleepycat Sun 09-Feb-20 20:33:29

Battenburg cake perfume reminded me to dig out my Parfums Hashtag #ILoveYou bottle. This was recommended some time back by a poster (not sure who, but possibly still here after name changes?), who said that it smelled just like a French Patisserie! It’s almondy and cakey, but I enjoy it very much.

SOTD was Sira Des Indes, another sweet perfume, this time banana and champaca flower. It is distinctive and long-lasting, but definitely a marmite perfume. I wouldn’t ever want to be without it.

Yoikes, fingers crossed for you. What a worrying time. 🌺

teta Tue 11-Feb-20 14:24:02

Sotd is oakmossy Apercu. It was freezing here with an icy wind penetrating our draughty house last night. So went to bed in fulll pjs and heating on. Normally my hot flushes keep me warm 😄.
I'm so tired, yet oddly obsessed of reading all about the latest updates regarding the Corona Virus. @Yoikes good luck for tomorrow.🌺

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in