Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

fantasy shopping

(6 Posts)
peatbogfaerie Mon 20-Aug-07 16:56:21

I've been pregnant or bfding on and off for 5 years, have just had a huge clear-out of clothes (some of maternity stuff worn threadbare) and have the following in my wardrobe:

1 pair of jeans, bought in sale (because of course they were a bargain), but really not flattering
1 pair M&S black leggings
1 pair smart black trews c. 1996
1 long skirt for Sunday lunch w. in-laws
1 mini skirt c. 1998
1 smart jumper
2 scruffy slobbing jumpers
1 smart cardi/jacket
about 6 long-sleeved tops
2 pairs of wearable shoes

I feel the need to shop! DH can't see why. I don't even know where to start with explaining to him ... Any messages of support/suggestions as to what I could buy gratefully welcome!

Mommalove Mon 20-Aug-07 19:46:28

Message withdrawn

Mommalove Mon 20-Aug-07 19:53:38

Message withdrawn

iwantsleep Mon 20-Aug-07 19:55:20

I'd just go out and buy what you want. If your dh is anything like mine he (a)won't notice if you are wearing anything new or (b)if he does, you respond "this old thing, I've had it for years" and he'll just shrug and go and turn his laptop on

peatbogfaerie Tue 21-Aug-07 09:03:17

thanks so much Mommalove, and yr quite right, Iwantsleep - it's just he's quite good about going through our bank statements, so will notice ... But I do have my running-away money (meant for childcare) and it's crying out to be spent on skinny jeans and beautiful tunics ...

just discovered my 1 smart cardigan has been ravaged by moths AAAARGGH. Have saved the rest of my pitiful woollen collection, for what it's worth.

hecciesmum Tue 21-Aug-07 13:43:49

hmmm devious this, but what if you were to buy some stuff on line ostensibly for the children from e.g., boden or similar, and at the same time slip the odd item for yourself in there........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now