Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Help me find an outfit for a wedding in a week!

(5 Posts)
Mung Mon 20-Aug-07 10:03:32

Well...DD is 4 months old and I still have a bump like the one I had when I was 5 months pregnant. In fact someone asked when it was due the other day (to make it worse it was a family friend - MAN, of course). Anyway, I need something to wear for an informal wedding and party. I went hunting yesterday and just got too depressed by the fact that I still look pregnant. What is the best thing to wear to conceal the stomach? I am off shopping again tonight without children, so hopefully I will have a better chance, but any suggestions before then would be much appreciated.

nailpolish Mon 20-Aug-07 10:10:42

NOW DONT LAUGH

but i was at mums yesterday and i was flicking through her littlewoods catalogue - came across Trinny and Suzannah's "the rules" click on link above, bottom right of page, are a couple of dresses that they say are good at hiding "big tums" and i agree with them - have a flick through the rest of the Trin and Suze pages on the site and you can get ideas about trousers etc

the 3 dresses they show are nice, flick forward a few pages and there is a nice silvery tulip skirt (page 4 of 6) that would go with tons of other stuff, they ahve recommendations for tops etc,

HTH

Stargazing Mon 20-Aug-07 12:39:19

I am 5 months preg (although I seriously doubt that you look as though you are) and wore a Red Herring halter maxi dress to a wedding the other week, was very flattering, especially considering it was not maternity. here is the range I wore this one but there are loads of nice ones - not too exxy, either

good luck

Mung Mon 20-Aug-07 14:06:26

Thanks for those ideas. Will try the maxi dress on tonight and if thats no good, I'll be calling Littlewoods and asking for a speedy service!

Pannacotta Mon 20-Aug-07 15:06:26

Would say an empire line dress (conceals the tummy nicely) would work, if you dont need breastfeeding access.
Monsoon might have sth in the sale or try Debenhams perhaps?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: