Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Shopping s*cks, feet too big, body too blah, please help

(17 Posts)
Stargazing Sun 19-Aug-07 17:36:19

oh ladies, ladies. I desperately need some closed-in shoes. Pump type things I guess - to wear with jeans on days when flip-flops just won't cut it. DH can't see why I won't just wear trainers but they just don't work with my current smocky-style maternity tops over jeans.

Also - since summer is a bit hit and miss I realy need a sweater. Prefer chunky knit, cuddly style - colours other than black etc would be good.

Currently 5 months pregnant, so will be big during the really nippy months - so sweater must be roomy enough to allow for this.

Please help, I had such a depressing shopping expedition today -boought nothing but a new sippy cup for 1yo dd - I am awkward to shop for at the best of times because of being tall but not willowy, plus having size 8-9 feet, so when pregnant it is just a nightmare.

Eternally grateful for your help!

Slouchy Sun 19-Aug-07 17:39:20

Evans do bigger shoes if you are a fairly wide fitting. (i am 7 1/2 - 8 but narrow so not for me).

How about some Rocketdogs or similar?

policywonk Sun 19-Aug-07 17:40:53

Hmmm. Do you like Campers? Or Hush Puppies? Can vouch for comfort of both.

Slouchy Sun 19-Aug-07 17:43:14

i have these hush puppies, they are great. Will find you some rocketdogs in a mo..

policywonk Sun 19-Aug-07 17:45:23

Anyway, thought you were a style maven? Why you askin' us?

Slouchy Sun 19-Aug-07 17:45:53

click on rocket dog on brand list

bigmouthstrikesagain Sun 19-Aug-07 17:46:56

ggirl will be along in a minute to slate these but I love em very comfy once worn in

JackieNo Sun 19-Aug-07 17:47:55

Maternity cardigan? (but only in size 14).

coleyboy Sun 19-Aug-07 17:48:07

Some branches of Barrets do a range called Small and Tall. Next go upto at least size 9 in quite a few designs, but I don't think they tend to stock them in-store. Also Brantano go up to size 9.

Stargazing Sun 19-Aug-07 17:56:03

ladies I will sift through all of your suggestions in a minute - thank you all - but in the meantime, policywonk, what in the sam hill happened with you and that dress????

policywonk Sun 19-Aug-07 17:57:39

Aaah, I was intimidated by 100x and decided against (also, they didn't have one in my local store and wasn't organised enough to ring around and locate one). Might have a snoop now to see whether it's in the sale, though.

JackieNo Sun 19-Aug-07 18:01:02

Bit difficult to see, but might do?

ImBarryScott Sun 19-Aug-07 18:05:22

well, it's probably not very MumsnetStyle to suggest this, but there's nowt wrong with the right trainers, to team with smocks and jeans (especially given pregnant swollen feet issues).

converse low are good

or these in the blue

JackieNo Sun 19-Aug-07 18:06:52

You'll either love it or loathe it.

SabaSaba Sun 19-Aug-07 18:13:25

Yeah Rocketdogs are cool, go to the Schuh website, I think they do bigger sizes.

christinegrout Mon 20-Aug-07 18:40:16

Message withdrawn

Stargazing Tue 21-Aug-07 15:03:22

thanks mumsnetters, crisis over. I bought these in red and these in white and then went to Red Herring at Debenhams and bought loads, including this in purple and this and then some maternity stuff that was marked down to virtually nothing. Last stop, Topshop for a pair of jeans that actually make my legs look fairly slim. Result!
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now