Talk

Advanced search

Facial sunscreen recommendation for retinol user

(8 Posts)
ginyogarepeat Sat 09-Nov-19 14:22:40

I've just started using a retinol product. Up until now I've used primers and foundations with built-in SPF, but understand that I need a separate facial sunscreen now. Recommendations please? Skin is combination. Needs to go on smoothly with primer and foundation!

scatteredglitter Sat 09-Nov-19 15:46:11

I like
Kiehls it s nice and lightweight

Ilikecurrybest Sat 09-Nov-19 15:48:10

La Roche Posay factor 50 ones are great and work brilliantly under make up

ginyogarepeat Sat 09-Nov-19 15:51:50

Thanks both. I already use and like other La Roche Posay products so will definitely check that out.

How do they work with makeup order? I usually moisturise, primer, foundation - take it that sunscreen will be between moisturiser and primer?!

orangebiscuit2 Sat 09-Nov-19 15:53:32

I like the caudalie one and have picked it up in TK maxi before, I do cleanse, serum, SPF, moisturiser, primer, foundation

Mamazita Sat 09-Nov-19 15:54:03

My favourite spf is the Purito centella unscented spf50. Costs about £10 on eBay or Yesstyle. It’s a Korean brand and is amazing. No white white cast whatsoever. I’ve been using tretinoin for 6 months and I’ve found this sunscreen to really help with any irritation I have. Centella is an amazing ingredient

ginyogarepeat Sat 09-Nov-19 15:54:23

Thanks orange. Was wondering if I could now skip moisturiser but maybe not....

Ilikecurrybest Sat 09-Nov-19 15:57:23

Am I don’t moisturise I’ll wash face, tone with Paula’s choice lotion then serum if feeling dry then spf, primer etc.....

I find if I moisturise I get balling up of products unless I leave ages between each layer which doesn’t work for me in the morning.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »