Talk

Advanced search

Longer length tshirts?

(17 Posts)
Makemeaname Sat 09-Nov-19 14:14:59

I'm a quite overweight, and find normal length tshirts don't sit quite right on me. I've found a few longer tops - about bum length - on simplybe, but looking to buy new ones at the moment and struggling.

I'm also sure tricky in that I don't like long sleeves, so about 80% of clothes available at this time of year are out.

Where have you found good longer tops? Max I would spend on a top is like 25 quid unless it's really nice, would like to buy 3 or 4 new ones as I wear them to work (casual dress code) and on the weekends as well.

Itsjustmee Sun 10-Nov-19 00:22:55

I have been looking for exactly the same
I hate long sleeves and only like short sleeves or no sleeves 😂
I have a few from primark short sleeved long
Hi t shirts but they only seem to do them in the summer which is when I bought mine

I bought a pack of 2 from Freeman’s this week and they are long line short sleeve but they have a small logo on the bottom but I mainly wear casual clothes anyway so not a problem

Ideally you want ones that are 29cm or longer
( can you tell I’ve been doing my research ) most
t shirts around 25 cm

If you google Freeman's Pack of 2 Extra Long T-Shirts they will bring them up They have a few more ones as well that are longer

Also look for tunic style T-shirt’s as they are always longer than regular t shirts
Joe Brown do some gorgeous tunic style tops but they are more expensive

Itsjustmee Sun 10-Nov-19 00:26:38

These are both on Freeman's and are long and short sleeves I have the jersey t shirt which I’s really nice and soft
Longline Jersey T-Shirt
long line boxy tunic top

Grandmi Sun 10-Nov-19 00:33:54

Yes I have been looking for longer tops with short sleeves. Am not massively fat but am more comfortable in long tops.

inwood Sun 10-Nov-19 00:41:54

Next have lots of what they call over sized t shirts at the moment, they're great.

Makemeaname Sun 10-Nov-19 00:43:06

@itsjustmee thank you! That jersey top does look nice and there's a polka dot one I fancy as well. The 2 pack would be good but all the colours are a bit too sweat-patchy other than the boring black and white.

Good to have somewhere to start though.

GrumpyHoonMain Sun 10-Nov-19 00:49:14

You could try new looks maternity range. There are some great longer tops on there

Fstar Sun 10-Nov-19 00:53:08

Yours do longer tops

PurpleFrames Sun 10-Nov-19 01:06:49

Asos has loads of these (I know as I just bought 4! 🙈)

They also maternity, plus size, petite and tall ranges

Makemeaname Sun 10-Nov-19 01:21:37

I'm always worried with maternity clothes, do they look weird if you just have a belly rather than a bump, or can I get away with them? Seen some really nice stuff around but avoided it up till now.

ThanksForAllTheFish Sun 10-Nov-19 01:47:39

Look in the tall section. I find most T-shirt’s from the tall section work well for the long/oversized look. Alternatively the men’s section- less likely to be short in length as the ‘cropped’ look isn’t in for men.

Itsjustmee Sun 10-Nov-19 07:53:12

I just looked on Boohoo and in the tall section they have loads of long style t shirts with short sleeves from £4

PETRONELLAS Sun 10-Nov-19 07:56:41

Next do long vests that I wear under anything not long enough.

MrsPellegrinoPetrichor Sun 10-Nov-19 07:59:16

Yours
Land End

Makemeaname Sun 10-Nov-19 09:08:37

@PETRONELLAS ooh hadn't considered that - do you go for the same colour vest as top or different?

Alwayscheerful Sun 10-Nov-19 09:18:34

Matalan's long line vest tops are great.
Next sell oversized T-shirt's, I am still wearing their organic oversized T-shirt's from 2/3 years ago. I rarely shop in next but their long line T-shirt's were fine.

PETRONELLAS Sun 10-Nov-19 09:44:58

Usually same - only navy or black especially with a shirt or jumper. I do wear bright jumpers actually, thinking about it, but anything oversized is unflattering on me. Next have a couple of flattering tunics too. I’m all about thick material that doesn’t cling all the way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »