Talk

Advanced search

Trying to identify an Avon scent

(8 Posts)
Maybiteifstartled Sat 09-Nov-19 10:34:57

hello everyone, new here . . . please be gentle wink

Sat next to a lovely lady on the bus yesterday, she smelled gorgeous but it took me until I was about to get off to pluck up the courage to ask her what she was wearing. She said "Avon ....." and I cannot remember the rest . . .

The scent was old-fashioned: rose-like, with hints of talc and soap. But it didn't smell of Granny if you know what I mean - more nostalgic, very gentle. I have had a look at the Avon website today but cannot guess what it was.

please can anyone help.

WinterRose92 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:43:52

Hi, my Mum has been an avon rep for around 20 years now. The first fragrance that popped into my head is ‘Soft Musk’ it could well be that.
See if you have a local rep nearby who can give you a book - the perfumes advertised often have a scented page so you can smell what the fragrance is like before buying.
Hope this helps!

FairyJuice Sat 09-Nov-19 10:48:33

White musk?

WhenEnoughIsEnough Sat 09-Nov-19 10:50:05

Could it be far away? I am an avon rep and it sounds similar to far away. It's one of the best sellers aswell.

Maybiteifstartled Sat 09-Nov-19 11:03:21

Oh, thank you all. Fairly certain it is not one of those with musk in the name - growing up White Musk from Body Shop was "the" best thing in the world and I think I would have made an association/remembered.

@WhenEnoughIsEnough Far Away sounds familiar . . . will have a look online and see if I can get something not-too-expensive to try out.

WinterRose92 Sat 09-Nov-19 11:11:28

Far Away did come to mind as well, could be that one.

WhenEnoughIsEnough Sat 09-Nov-19 11:16:43

@Maybiteifstartled if you can find a local avon rep they should be able to give you a sample of it before you commit to buying. If you can't find a nearby rep and you did want a sample then I've got loads of them for far away that I could send you myself. Then if you like it you can order online from avon.

Maybiteifstartled Sat 09-Nov-19 11:33:00

@WhenEnoughIsEnough Brilliant! I had a look at the Avon site and there is a Rep just a mile away, with a phone number. Looks like she is a busy Mum so I will wait until Monday to give her a call.

First time here - first ever post - big thanks to all for your help. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »