Talk

Advanced search

Ten years younger. What has she had done?

(46 Posts)
WendyMoiraAngelaDarling Sat 09-Nov-19 08:50:11

I saw an acquaintance this week, hadn't seen her for about a month. She's in her late forties. I'm
Not exaggerating when I say she looked amazing. Literally glowing and the years had dropped off her, easily looked very early thirties, glowy skin, eyes brighter. I don't know her well enough to ask and have no intention of doing it myself but what could it be? I always thought Botox looked terrible and I know she's had that before, I could tell. Just nosy really I suppose but she did look so good. Any ideas?

dirtyrottenscoundrel Sat 09-Nov-19 08:52:18

New man? grin

Snog Sat 09-Nov-19 08:58:04

Why not ask her?

Zippetydoodahzippetyay Sat 09-Nov-19 08:58:07

My mum works reception for a plastic surgeon. She says the best facelifts make it look like the person has just got back from a 3 month holiday. Could be something like that rather than injectable a?

WendyMoiraAngelaDarling Sat 09-Nov-19 09:00:51

Why not ask her?

Because I didn't see her long enough and I don't know her well enough. It was a brief "hello! How are you? Great thanks! Must be getting along!"

64sNewName Sat 09-Nov-19 09:01:59

Love 😍, or very expensive skincare?

SinglePringle Sat 09-Nov-19 09:03:46

A peel?
Profhilo?
Good Botox?

MoltonSilver Sat 09-Nov-19 09:05:18

Facelift

Jaxinthebox Sat 09-Nov-19 09:06:46

Caci treatments! (thats my secret)
no alcohol/cigarettes
good skincare

lots of sleep and water

Flobbertybillop Sat 09-Nov-19 09:18:31

Could you not say “wow, you look amazing”. See if she tells you her secret.

Flobbertybillop Sat 09-Nov-19 09:19:01

And also, it’s lovely to give someone a compliment, even if she doesn’t tell you...

64sNewName Sat 09-Nov-19 09:25:24

I used a free sample of some Drunk Elephant retinol stuff last night and I do look much, much better this morning. Not ten years younger, but probably three years younger.

However I have nowhere to be, so nobody will see my miraculous transformation and I’m assuming I’ll be my tired self again by tomorrow.

PennyNotSoWise Sat 09-Nov-19 09:32:51

Skin treatment maybe? Lasering or a chemical peel gives you beautiful dewy skin (if it goes well, of course).

Cuddling57 Sat 09-Nov-19 09:33:09

Ooo I want to know now too!

Rosere Sat 09-Nov-19 09:45:54

Might be some very good botoxing. A tiny amount of fillers, and clever botox is a work of art.

Oblomov19 Sat 09-Nov-19 10:02:41

I would've gone for a :
"Wow, you look amazing"

Namechangeforthiscancershit Sat 09-Nov-19 10:04:19

Good sex...

Velveteenfruitbowl Sat 09-Nov-19 10:04:22

My first guess would be pregnancy. If not that then probably an exfoliating treatment of some kind.

Noeuf Sat 09-Nov-19 10:28:51

Haircut, make up refresh, tiny fillers, tan.

mumdom Sat 09-Nov-19 13:45:06

Recent sex.

Giving up alcohol and sugar.

Coming into money as long as it not the result of a sad inheritance - see JK Rowling, whose facial clock has rolled back dramatically with each successive book. Worries about money are a very ageing form of stress.

Glycolic acid peels performed by a medical aesthetician (so not just Pixi Glow Tonic).

mumdom Sat 09-Nov-19 13:47:27

Losing weight always makes you look better everywhere from the chin down, and loads worse above.

BoswellsBollocks Sat 09-Nov-19 13:47:55

My friend in her late forties had an eyelid lift and it really brightened up her face. She’s had her eyebrows shaped and wears new make up now too and she looks great.

OhTheRoses Sat 09-Nov-19 13:50:14

New man
Rest
Colours
Makeover
Giving up booze

mumdom Sat 09-Nov-19 13:56:40

Surgical interventions make women look different, but rarely better. I can spot it immediately because even so-called subtle tweaks are just so obvious. Botox in the 11 lines is perhaps the sole exception.

mumdom Sat 09-Nov-19 14:04:31

Just thought of another - thicker hair. Mine is dreadfully thin and frizzy because I have suffered from PCOS for over 30 years. For very brief periods during pregnancy it’s been glorious, and despite being one of the world’s very few ugly pregnant women, it rolled back the clock literally years. You can get the same effect wearing good quality weaves or hairpieces.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »