Talk

Advanced search

Best (children's) leave in conditioner for frizzy hair?

(10 Posts)
AgeBeforeBeauty Fri 08-Nov-19 17:52:42

DD aged 9 has thick, wavy, frizzy hair - she hates it. She loves it when she gets it cut and it's beautifully straight and tame, but I can't get the same look at home. She doesn't mind it curly if it's not frizzy, but I don't know what to use without leaving it lank and greasy looking. Am trying argan oil but it's not really doing much. Any suggestions?

lolbrador Fri 08-Nov-19 22:50:41

Hello

Dd also 9 is the same. Transitioned from gorgeous curls into a frizzball. I started the curly girl method on myself last year and have recently done the same with my daughter and it's made a real difference, she's slowly transition from frizz to lovely beachy waves. May be worth a shot with your dd smile

megletthesecond Fri 08-Nov-19 22:52:00

Cantu is lovely for frizzy and curly hair.
Or Mixed Chicks.

bananamonkey Sat 09-Nov-19 08:28:13

The Original Sprout one, it’s pricey but I dilute 1:3 with water so it lasts ages.

Beforetoday Sat 09-Nov-19 10:42:19

Another vote for Cantu products!

AgeBeforeBeauty Sat 09-Nov-19 12:45:15

Thanks so much 🙂

ChocLabNelson Sun 10-Nov-19 03:02:30

Sebastian Potion 9

Blankiefan Sun 10-Nov-19 07:22:58

I have similar hair and find the Dyson Airwrap a total godsend. It's 400 quid but has transformed my relatìonship with my hair.

MerryDeath Sun 10-Nov-19 20:34:42

you need to look up the curly girl method. frizz is curl that hasn't reached its potential!

she needs a sulfate free cleanser, silicone free conditioner, leave in is also good, could use a cream and or gel. the curly girl reddit has an excellent beginners resource. does not need to be expensive. the hairdresser is probably blow drying it straight - a travesty for a curly girl!

Auldspinster Sun 10-Nov-19 22:57:52

Daniel Galvin in the green bottle, sold in Waitrose.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »