Talk

Advanced search

Tomorrow I'm having more than half of my hair chopped off!

(16 Posts)
tinselvestsparklepants Fri 08-Nov-19 15:41:25

Haven't had it cut for a year, tomorrow I'm going from boob length to chin length. Don't let me back out! I've not had it this short for a decade and the last time I had my hair cut the stylist wouldn't let me. I went for a consultation today and the hairdresser said she thought its going to be great. Yikes!
Anyone else had a lot off and not regretted it (and yes I'm going to donate the hair)

LittleTopic Fri 08-Nov-19 15:45:35

Ooh can we have a before & after pic?

I really want to get mine done. It’s currently below shoulder but it gets really flat and ratty when it’s long. Booked a hair appointment for four weeks’ time but need some shorter style inspiration grin

Doyouthinktheysaurus Fri 08-Nov-19 16:11:31

Oh, good luck, don't back out you won't regret it!

I went from almost waist length to shoulder length bob in the summer, now it's a bit shorter than jaw length and I love it. So many people have said I look younger, kind of double edged because now I think I spent years looking ancient😂

My hair was straggly and a real mess, looks much thicker and is in much better condition now.

CaptainCallisto Fri 08-Nov-19 16:26:13

I did this exactly five years ago today. After years of going from long, to a bob, to long again I took the plunge and went from boob length to a pixie cut. Best thing I ever did!

tinselvestsparklepants Fri 08-Nov-19 20:18:56

Ooh thank you for the encouragement! I'm not sure about the pics but if I can do it from my laptop and not let the app have access to all my pictures forever and for all time, I will. I'm looking forward to it now.....

MrsSiba Fri 08-Nov-19 20:35:23

Oh please post pics.

My hair is waist length and I was all set for a chop. Then I returned to work and got lots of oohs and says and your hair looks so lovely that I have got cold feet!! I don't wear it down and I moult like a shaggy dog so I don't see the point of keeping it...... But I do like it!!!!

katseyes7 Fri 08-Nov-19 20:37:11

A couple of years ago l had 12" cut off mine. Half my hair length. lt felt amazing afterwards!

nzeire Fri 08-Nov-19 23:22:21

I did it!!! Like you, a hairdresser had talked me out of it, then it took another year. I was ready, as was he!!!

I LOVE it, way more flatterinf

aurora12digits Fri 08-Nov-19 23:28:17

I have done it several times but never discussed it with anyone. I had made my mind up and didn't want to be talked out of it. Never regretted it. Go for it.

oohnicevase Sat 09-Nov-19 08:08:00

Have you got enough to save for the princess trust thingy ? I think it's 7 inches .

BeBraveAndBeKind Sat 09-Nov-19 14:20:47

I went from a bob to a short pixie about a month ago and love it. I've had so many lovely comments too. It's definitely more me.

MissLadyM Sat 09-Nov-19 14:23:35

I went from waist length to a Bob last week! It's so much easier for swimming and I feel much better. I can style it in so many ways. it felt good to donate it too x

WitsEnding Sat 09-Nov-19 14:25:53

I've done this in the teeth of opposition from colleagues, it was so worth it. Now gone proper short.
Every decrease in length required a different style of earrings and necklines, ime.

tinselvestsparklepants Sun 10-Nov-19 20:57:52

Sorry for silence, phone issues. Anyway it's done - 16 inches donated! I swished out of the salon, loved it all evening, hated it this morning, wore a bobble hat all afternoon and now I think I like it again. I think grin anyway it's done now....

tinselvestsparklepants Sun 10-Nov-19 21:00:08

Ps am considering a collection tin for work tomorrow, £1 for every "oh you've had your hair cut" I get. Proceeds to the Little Princess Trust.....

MrsSiba Mon 11-Nov-19 07:33:01

Well done you. Glad you like it.

So.... Care to share a pic for us??? ✂️

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »