Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Secondary school shoes!

(12 Posts)
seeker Sat 18-Aug-07 16:27:48

My dd is 11 with size 4 VERY wide feet. She's got a longish walk to her new school and the school is very strict about "sensible"shoes. And so am I! Has anybody come across any grown-up but very practical and comfortable shoes in her size, please? Or am I asking the impossible? Most shoes marketted at "big girls" seem to be clumpy bunion creators in my opinion!

MaureenMLove Sat 18-Aug-07 16:35:14

One of dd friends is of a similar size and she got a very nice pair of sensible shoes in the ladies section in M&S. I'll try and find them, hang on!

MaureenMLove Sat 18-Aug-07 16:38:39

I think it was these

seeker Sat 18-Aug-07 17:41:29

Thank you - I didn't think of looking there. She'd love those - but the school says 'no decoration at all" (!) I wonder if I could cut the bows off..........

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

brimfull Sat 18-Aug-07 17:45:08

clarks are quite good for sensible school shoes if she'll agree to it.The adult section I mean.

Sadly they soon grow out of clarks etc and want flimsy ballet shoes.

I managed to get a quite firm supportive pair of ballet type ones for dd that had a decent sole.From ...god can't remember the name.

brimfull Sat 18-Aug-07 17:46:09

dr martens are good
have you tried kickers?

MaureenMLove Sat 18-Aug-07 18:23:11

There was another pair, very similar, that I saw in store but not online. They didn't have any frilly bits either!

seeker Mon 20-Aug-07 23:07:24

Thank you everyone. Went shopping today and found a pair of Startrite lace ups she loves. I'm amazed - I wouldn't have been seen dead in them at her age, and they make her look like a 1920s literary lesbian - but she loves them, they fit brilliantly and they're comfortable. What more can I ask? But I remain baffled by her taste!

littleboo Tue 21-Aug-07 09:25:16

I've just bought a pair from M&S for my dd1 just starting secondary school. Really nice. Bought on line

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now