Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

So what IS the best way of doing your eyebrows??

(16 Posts)
pirategirl Fri 17-Aug-07 19:05:28

Mine are dark, some are pretty long, I can get a good enuff shape, but I have to do them everyday. I hate it when the darkest ones just start to come thru and are more like specs, and i cannot get hold of them, save for gouging a hole in my skin,

Then there are the fine light ones below the actual eyebrow, and sometimes thee seems to be loads of them.

A friend of mine uses these little shaped eyebrow wax strips, but they did zilch, except to tear my skin.

Is professional waxing the answer, and what to heck doyou do , hide indoors until they are long enuff to go and get done

lalaa Fri 17-Aug-07 19:07:14

professional waxing.

just don't look in the mirror too hard when it's nearly time for your next appointment.

orangehead Fri 17-Aug-07 19:08:40

I have mine professionally waxed and find it brillant, cost varies from £4 to £7 depending where you go. It lasts me about 3 months but mine are fine and blonde

bigknickersbigknockers Fri 17-Aug-07 19:10:14

another vote for waxing,cheap instant results and less pain than plucking.

hertsnessex Fri 17-Aug-07 19:10:31

prof waxed - no tweezers here thank you!!!

indiasmum Fri 17-Aug-07 19:11:11

prof wax for me too. mine are dark, i need to go every week really but actually only go every 2-3 weeks and pluck the odd stray one in between.

RubySlippers Fri 17-Aug-07 19:12:57

threading is the way to go
really quick and the shape is brilliant

waxing is way too painful - threading is much quicker

pirategirl Fri 17-Aug-07 19:13:01

so must i really prepare to let them go au natural for say a week, b4 my first appointment??

I guess my sunglasses will suffice.

NineUnlikelyTales Fri 17-Aug-07 19:13:20

I used to get mine waxed (am too much of a pauper now) and paid about £10 a go, in Kent. My eyebrows are also fine and blonde-ish but I still had to have it done about once a month. Some did grow back before the month was up but unless I was going somewhere special I didn't tweeze them as it only made them sprout earlt again next month.

pirategirl Fri 17-Aug-07 19:14:48

yes have seen threading ont tele, but this is darkest devon, I'd be surprised if we even have someone who does waxing tbh.

Combining ( harvest like) maybe

might be worth a search tho, but can threading get rid of the fine ones???

RubySlippers Fri 17-Aug-07 19:16:21

yes - threading is brill
even gets the fine hairs

meandmy Fri 17-Aug-07 19:19:53

i had mine done professionally cost 4quid, had numbing gel and took anti inflammetries after as my fore head was sore swollen afterwards calmed down quickly though

tracyk Sat 18-Aug-07 08:54:52

I second for threading. I go to a chinese/asian type beauty place. £3 every 2 weeks. Don't let them grow too long or it is sore.
Last time she also groomed the longer ones with scissors and dyed them - they look like real models' brows now you see in magazines.

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 18-Aug-07 09:03:04

What is threading?
I have mine waxed every 4 weeks, and she trims them with scissors too. Usually rather messy for a week before I go, but if I pluck them myself then they just end up growing back out of sync with the rest!

tracyk Sun 19-Aug-07 08:44:48

I'm not really sure how they thread to be honest - but it is using a very long bit of thread twisted in 2. The girl holds the middle bit in her mouth and she kind of spins the thread and snatches out the hairs.

Same idea as waxing but much more precise.

Gemy Sun 19-Aug-07 15:34:18

I seem to be the only plucker!

Had mine proffessionally plucked and shaped when I was about 19 and the women said to just pluck out any stray ones myself that grew out of the shape and I did that. This was about 10 years ago now!

Worked great for me! I still have great shaped eyebrows and where I have plucked them in the places I don't want them, they grow back all fine and downy. Mind you, I have blonde fine hairs anyway.

My friends are a mixture of waxers and pluckers I suppose everyone prefers different methods.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: