Talk

Advanced search

I really need some proper big knickers.

(123 Posts)
PickAChew Tue 29-Oct-19 16:56:58

OK, so very little style or beauty involved but I currently have a drawer full of ageing M&S midi, a sort of halfway house and, apart from them getting shabby, I'm tired of them falling down. I have no arse and a bit of a belly, not overweight but a typical menopausal apple. I've tentatively ordered myself some sloggi briefs, but they're pretty expensive and, from what I've read, not as good as they used to be.

So, hit me with your less extortionate recommendations for some good cotton belly warmers! (please smile)

milliefiori Tue 29-Oct-19 16:58:36

Oh I was going to say Sloggis and M&S midis. You are way ahead of me.

Winterdaysarehere Tue 29-Oct-19 17:00:25

Primark pack of 3 for £5!! Bit of a stretch but not too much. Black/nude.
Csection here and flab!!

Roselilly36 Tue 29-Oct-19 17:00:53

Haha I am in the full brief territory now, best decision I have made in quite a while! M&S all the way.

BoomBoomBoomLetMeHearYouSay Tue 29-Oct-19 17:00:55

M and S full briefs
Old lady-ish but make me feel “pulled together”

Northernsoullover Tue 29-Oct-19 17:03:04

I've got Tesco F & F full briefs. They are wonderfully comfortable and I think they are quite stylish in a 1950's way.

Bin85 Tue 29-Oct-19 17:03:31

Sloggi are great
There is one good style in Tu ( Sainsbury's) if still made comes in packs of 2 beige and black or beige and white.

GameofPhones Tue 29-Oct-19 17:08:13

Asda sell large in packs of 4.

TileFloors Tue 29-Oct-19 17:09:21

Uniqlo have some good ones, both with and without soft lace trim

Jolonglegs Tue 29-Oct-19 17:09:36

I wear these now, £6 for a five pack, with varying patterns. very comfy.
tuclothing.sainsburys.co.uk/p/Blue-%26-White-Ditsy-Print-Floral-Full-Knickers-5-Pack-/135011671-Blue?searchTerm=:newArrivals:type:Knickers:style:Full%20Brief&searchProduct=

namechangenumber2 Tue 29-Oct-19 17:12:20

I love my big knickers! I'm a weird shape so really struggle to get good fitting underwear, so something that sits quite high as the best chance of staying up grin

Graphista Tue 29-Oct-19 17:12:35

Oh was gonna start a similar thread myself hope it's ok to jump on.

Currently happily using primark belly warmers (full briefs) but could do with getting some more of a similar style but can't get to primark and sadly they don't do online, I'm housebound.

So recommendations for similar style from online retailers?

I use amazon for a lot of stuff but really struggle with sizing with them as clothes ALWAYS seem to come up small and I'm a 16-18 I need BIG pants!

So hoping you lovely lot can help.

beingchampion Tue 29-Oct-19 17:14:36

Asda have a pack of four colours with a wide lace band around the top for the tiniest bit of glamour on big comfy pants.

PickAChew Tue 29-Oct-19 17:15:04

Ooh, I'll have to look in Primark @Winterdaysarehere

Are they cotton?

PickAChew Tue 29-Oct-19 17:22:11

And I'll definitely have to do a run of the supermarkets when I've go rid of the kids, next week. I had a brief (haha) look around Sainsburys, last week, but didn't see anything tempting. It always tends to be pot luck with sizes and styles, in there. Glad to hear that people have bought from all three of the big ones and been impressed, though - they're generally a less expensive mistake to make if they don't fit well or ride up or dig in in unfortunate places (I have the complication of a mild sensitivity to latex, so if the elastic is wrong, I end up with nasty red lines. Fun.)

Kenworthington Tue 29-Oct-19 17:29:07

M&S full brief. The ‘brief’ part is rather an oxymoron as they’re anything but. But OMG the comfort! And they NEVER fall down. Ever. And the tum is fully encased. I’ve persuaded many a friend to come over to the dark side with me

PickAChew Tue 29-Oct-19 17:34:47

I have some really ancient not quite maxi ones from M&S (St Michael but the label faded long ago) with the seam at the back and thicker elastic. I was disappointed when they stopped selling those. The ones I have live right at the bottom of the drawer because the elastic is unravelling a bit and does make me sore if I wear them a lot.

jennylindinha Tue 29-Oct-19 17:50:23

M&S Cotton/Modal multipacks are the way to go: These or These

Started wearing them a few years ago and never looked back! And the elastic round the legs doesn't bother me unlike that slightly lacy stuff you usually get... So comfy!

Branleuse Tue 29-Oct-19 17:52:02

Try sloggi double comfort shorts. Theyre so comfy theyre like a hug. Expensive but worth it.
Also john lewis maxi briefs

PickAChew Tue 29-Oct-19 17:56:13

I hadn't thought of checking out John Lewis.

@jennylindinha I usually find modal feels a bit too clingy next to my skin but if the elastic is that comfortable I shall definitely be trying some of those to see if I get on with them.

Feelingpoorlysick Tue 29-Oct-19 17:59:39

Playtex are better than sloggis imo.

www.simplybe.co.uk/shop/playtex-cherish-6pack-maxi-briefs-black-pink-asst-or-skintone/fq797/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=1029&optionColour=Black&optionSize=

weebarra Tue 29-Oct-19 18:01:40

I've got some nice Lidl ones 😳
And some sloggi but I find that they get holes quickly.

CalamityJune Tue 29-Oct-19 18:12:33

I love M&S full briefs!

GhoulieBat Tue 29-Oct-19 18:14:30

Seconding Uniqlo - I love their shorts, and they've recently started doing lace-trimmed full knickers that are a really nice shape, cover your tummy but somehow don't have the BIIIG knickers vibe.

jennylindinha Tue 29-Oct-19 18:15:02

Yes I didn't think I would get on with the modal either but they are very soft and comfy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »