Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone lese get frustrated with Boden...

(21 Posts)
sugarmatches Thu 16-Aug-07 20:03:06

and the colour differences when you receive your items?!?
I received an order this morning and am very disappointed with the blue colour in a cardigan I bought. It looked so pretty and bright and in the flesh it is so drab!

It happens all the time. The colours on the website always look so vibrant. My husband always thinks everything comes looking more pastel when he orders.
Okay for the kids, but when I buy a skirt and cardigan that should match and they don't...!!!
Just curious if I was the only one.

foxymagoo Fri 17-Aug-07 12:54:04

agree especially the jumpers! I ordered pink one last winter and it looked more plum and a dull plum at that. Some things are lovely tho' - the blue velvet winter coat but think it will be a prime example of colour misrepresentation!

The Turqouise melange (sp?) hooded jumper from summer was a good match though and I've just received the cream raincoat with red lining and its fab.

The catalogue makes me laugh as its soooo "Get me that lifestyle..." I used to feel like this as a child when I flicked through the Pollyanna catalogue - I wanted EVERYTHING.

sugarmatches Fri 17-Aug-07 13:32:28

I ordered the blue velvet coat and it is a pretty colour, but runs huge. I sent it back for the next smaller size and was told it would be 10 weeks!!
It will be worth it though.

I flick through the Boden book and always end up thinking I need a better job to pay for everything I want. The kids are head to toe Boden usually, but I do hold back buying for myself.

FluffyMummy123 Fri 17-Aug-07 15:00:55

Message withdrawn

cupcakes Fri 17-Aug-07 15:11:02

but everything on your computer screen is going to look brighter than it is in reality as it is lit from behind.
It's like your own photos - they often look better on the monitor than when they are printed.

Did the colour look as bright in the catalogue or did you only see it online?

Fimbo Fri 17-Aug-07 15:14:33

Cupcakes!! .

<<<Whispers-Mrs B had her baby>>>>

cupcakes Fri 17-Aug-07 15:16:47

Oooh!!! When? What did she have?!

margoandjerry Fri 17-Aug-07 15:17:39

foxymagoo - POLLYANNA! All flowery smock dresses and pinafores. Whatever happened to Pollyanna!

MaryAnnSingleton Fri 17-Aug-07 15:18:19

not a colour gripe, but the trousers fit really badly !!

Fimbo Fri 17-Aug-07 15:22:09

Cupcakes - have a look in the birth announcements, don't want to spoil the surprise

cupcakes Fri 17-Aug-07 15:27:49

Thanks Fimbo - I've just found it. I didn't realise she was already due (almost). I'm hardly ever on here anymore [wistful sigh]

foxymagoo Fri 17-Aug-07 19:30:52

margoandjerry I had pale pink seersucker Pollyanna dungarees that I wore until they almost cut me in half - I use to take the catalogue to school like it was my trumps cards

I think the Boden photpgrapher is Mario Testino!

Hideehi Fri 17-Aug-07 20:10:12

OMG yes and the sizing, gone right off it myself

Pannacotta Fri 17-Aug-07 21:03:01

I dont do Boden after a number of bad experiences, bad cut, bad colour, bad service. IMO its over priced preppy stuff aimed at the middle classes. Don't go there, I say!

foxymagoo Sat 18-Aug-07 14:46:56

who are the middle classes? Are they people who don't hunt game but don't smoke Regal fags either?

Boden bashers always talk about them being aimed at the middle classes in a derogatory way which always puzzles me - they're just clothes!

Its pouring with rain here so I'm away to put on my lovely new cream Boden raincoat with shiny red buttons and go into town.

SueW Sat 18-Aug-07 14:51:16

We got super skinny jeans for DD and they are great - a little too big round the bum still but manageable.

But they have a press stud instead of button at the top of the fly and it keeps popping open. Not really sure whether to try for a new pair or whether they will all be the same. Trouble is, it's not the kind of thing I can just get a dressmaker to change.

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 18-Aug-07 14:59:50

well said foxy ! why do people have a go at Boden for being Bodenish ?(never mind stuff about colour/fit etc). On the whole I like their stuff and have bought bits for myself and dh for years, and loads of stuff for ds because other boys clothes are crap on the whole.

Pannacotta Sat 18-Aug-07 16:26:41

They def try and sell a particular "lifestyle", Johnnie B saysa as much himself in interviews, the models are drinking fizz or carrying baguettes under their arms, but IME the clothes are never as chic as in the pics.
DO agree the kids stuff looks better and decent quality but I dont rate the womenswear.

MaryAnnSingleton Sat 18-Aug-07 17:38:54

mm,yes,does look better in the pictures than in real life !

foxymagoo Sun 19-Aug-07 14:39:30

Hell I look better in pictures than in real life

Pannacotta Sun 19-Aug-07 15:51:39

Lucky you foxy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now