Talk

Advanced search

Swimming cossie that wonlt make me look matronly/preganant/in school swimming gala...ids there such a thing, I ask you?

(28 Posts)
IntergalacticWalrus Thu 16-Aug-07 13:12:03

Going on my jollies in 6 weeks, and desperatly need to find a swimming cos. I thyink I can safely say my bikini wearing days are well and truly over, due to thousands of stretchmarks and an abdoman that has the look and feel of badly cooked porridge.

However, the limited amount of swimwear I have found all seems to be either "miss Mary of Sweden" style, maternity (although I have the beely to justify it) or it makes me look like I am going to do 100m Butterfly for Stratford House in the school swimming gala.

I know I have left it to the last min, but I am useless really. Please help!

btw, I am a size 14 (12 on a good day) and have size 36F norkage. Norks are not as perky as I'd like, so something with a bt of supoort wouldn't go amiss

Yours in desparatuion,
Walrus x

IntergalacticWalrus Thu 16-Aug-07 13:12:44

abdomen, not abdoman

(Abdo Man could be s super hero!)

MrsSpoon Thu 16-Aug-07 13:23:12

I recently bought this and this for my hols in a few weeks, both seem quite supportive, been swimming at the local pool in the second one.

MrsSpoon Thu 16-Aug-07 13:24:13

Should add the second one was 30% off at Debenhams and the first one was 20% off at Figleaves with discount code "compaug" which may still work.

IntergalacticWalrus Thu 16-Aug-07 13:31:15

ta!

I'd forgotten about bravissiomo. Ooops!

themoon66 Thu 16-Aug-07 14:28:08

Bravissimo have just started their on-line sale today..... I looked this morning and there were still plenty of swimsuits left in your size

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 09:16:25

I', afraid Bravissimo ain't doing it for me. There are some lovely bikinis, but they won;t look lovely on me. The cossies are ok, but DP would kill me if i spent 50 quid on one, and also, the one I saw is a bit schoolish tbh

Come and call me a fussy bint and then tell e where else to look

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 09:17:39

Saw a nice one on there fro 55 squids, but they have sold out of my size. Humph

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 09:19:01

Oh how I wish I had small perky boobs and a flat tum. Life would be so much easier!

hoxtonchick Fri 17-Aug-07 09:21:46

i like fantasie ones (with bra sizes).

themoon66 Fri 17-Aug-07 09:22:18

M&S do the tummy control ones. The best one I got this year was from BHS.

Other than that, I don't know what to suggest, but I do believe you get what you pay for with cossies.

I bought a bravissimo one 4 years ago and it looks fab. I save it for 'best'... trip to spas and such.

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 09:35:57

Got a Triumph one from Figleaves. It's a tankini, but the top looks nice and long, so will not show off stretch marks, but if I feel brave enough I can roll it up and get a brown tummy.

I got 20% off plus free deliovery with the code COSMO, if yer interested

MrsSpoon Fri 17-Aug-07 15:08:27

Fab, I wish I had small perky boobs and a flat tum too.

MrsSpoon Fri 17-Aug-07 15:09:36

Oh, can we have a link to your Triumph tankini? I ordered a Triumph one and it was very good, almost kept it but went for the black one at the last minute.

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 15:11:00

to be fair, i have never been flat of tum, or indeed perky of nork

MrsSpoon Fri 17-Aug-07 15:23:51

LOL, I did have a flat stomach and never appreciated it at the time, alas I don't think it is every going to be anything like flat again , norks however have always failed the pencil test.

FluffyMummy123 Fri 17-Aug-07 15:25:04

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Fri 17-Aug-07 15:25:35

Message withdrawn

MrsSpoon Fri 17-Aug-07 15:35:53

That's nice Cod and a good price in the sale.

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 15:39:23

here it is

I got it in black. Turquoise ain't my colour, cocker.

Although they are "waiting for stock" which probably translates as "will be deliverd in Deecmber"

so I'll probably be back before long harping on about having no swims

MrsSpoon Fri 17-Aug-07 15:44:54

IW, yes that was the same one as I ordered (in turquoise though), I remember now the top was fantastic, good fit etc it was the bottoms that weren't working for me, think it was the midi brief I had ordered.

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 15:46:09

I ordered the midi briefs too.

shorts would make my legs look awful.

I don;pt care as long as my belly is covered.

MrsSpoon Fri 17-Aug-07 15:52:50

Has it not come yet then?

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 15:53:28

No, I only ordered it this morning !

IntergalacticWalrus Fri 17-Aug-07 15:54:17

It can take as long as it likes, as long as I have it by September 23rd when I go away

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now