Talk

Advanced search

Summer dress is actually for winter...help!

(10 Posts)
FreezingMySocksOff Fri 18-Oct-19 16:35:28

Bought a Hobbs dress from eBay. Thought it would be for summer but the Cotten/silk mix has a wool feel to it and it is too heavy for summer!

How would you style this for winter/autumn/spring? It's a maxi dress and close fitting. Highlights curves.

I'm totally thrown by the fabric!

Betty777 Fri 18-Oct-19 17:58:12

black leather jacket, white trainers

Or with a cropped black jumper or sweatshirt

Lucked Fri 18-Oct-19 18:08:25

Move to Scotland and wear it in the summer. 😃

I would need thick tights in cooler weather and I don’t know how it would work with that dress.

Might be good when weather is transitioning between seasons.

ongranaryplease Fri 18-Oct-19 18:09:37

Roll neck underneath it, black ankle boots, leather jacket?

FreezingMySocksOff Fri 18-Oct-19 18:17:29

Ok will def have to try the roll neck and cropped jumper ideas! I tried it with my leather jacket and it just looked a bit too harsh against the colours! It's such a weird dress...I really did think summer when I looked at it!

AliciaQuays Fri 18-Oct-19 18:20:59

Cotton

FreezingMySocksOff Fri 18-Oct-19 19:39:54

Aw thanks for the spelling lesson, hope it made you feel better about yourself wine

Jacksback Sat 19-Oct-19 08:14:48

Pick up the gingery tan colours with boots / crop jacket / cropped cardigan ( maybe suede or faux suede )
If the black is too harsh

TheFlis12345 Sat 19-Oct-19 10:24:32

I would go denim jacket and tan boots, it needs something to lift the black and tone with the colours of the skirt.

FreezingMySocksOff Sat 19-Oct-19 13:04:00

Ooo yes! I hadn't thought about tan! I will definitely go on a hunt for that next week! Thank you to everyone who has been helpful!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »