Talk

Advanced search

Lip balm recommendations?

(53 Posts)
Lhastingsmua Fri 18-Oct-19 00:06:31

Boring one, I know.

My lips are quite dry recently - just feel very, very tight rather than peeling/cracking though. I have lip fillers and a cold which exasperates the dryness.

My holy grail Kiehl’s products aren’t helping at all, I apply the products multiple times a day but just get temporary relief with no real improvement so would appreciate your recommendations!

Babyiwantabump Fri 18-Oct-19 00:07:19

No advice but following as I’m having the same issues at the moment!

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 18-Oct-19 00:16:28

Burts bees in the yellow tube.

KellyHall Fri 18-Oct-19 00:23:47

Carmex. It's quite expensive as lip balms go (c.£5) but I've never found anything better in the winter to stop my lips turning in to rice crispies!

Amys136 Fri 18-Oct-19 00:29:18

Another vote for carmex

TheClitterati Fri 18-Oct-19 00:29:20

The ultimate lip balm/treatment is the rose one by ByTerry. it's about £50 but will last a year.

I also like the body shop hemp one.

hairygodmother Fri 18-Oct-19 00:34:01

Yep, Carmex every time. Little white pot, yellow lid. Slather it on before bed, all healed in the morning!

UndergroundOverIt Fri 18-Oct-19 00:36:13

Lansinoh - don't be put off by the fact that it's marketed as sore nipple and cracked skin cream. It's pure lanolin and is a brilliant natural lip balm. In a light purple tube, from Boots or supermarket baby aisles, about 10 quid for a tube that'll last a year.

Runkle Fri 18-Oct-19 00:42:31

O'Keefes has been a miracle for my very cracked lips. The cooling one.

DidgeDoolittle Fri 18-Oct-19 00:52:53

La Roche Posay, Cicaplast lip cream sorted out my husbands dry and flaky lips. Nothing else came close to working.

ParadiseLaundry Fri 18-Oct-19 00:58:23

Blistex, you can get it for about £2 and nothing is as good imo. Everything else seems to make my lips worse

Lemonsqueasy Fri 18-Oct-19 01:02:36

I second Blistex - lips don't end up reliant on it like others so you can just use it when necessary. Always works.

Lulualla Fri 18-Oct-19 01:05:44

Use the sugar lip polish by fresh and then Reve de Miel Lip Balm by Nuxe

Kyvia Fri 18-Oct-19 01:05:49

Nuxe Rêve de Miel.... amazing, holy grail of lip balms. Nothing else has ever come close for me, all the carmex/blistex stuff I find sticky and irritating to my lips. The Nuxe one is soothing and non-sticky smooth balm sinks right in immediately and works miracles. It’s a tenner but well well worth it, little glass jar feels like a mini pamper, little bit of luxe every time I use it. Lasts for ever as well. I proper heart it.

BitOfFun Fri 18-Oct-19 01:23:57

I clicked to say just that, Kyvia.

usernames Fri 18-Oct-19 01:25:18

Carmex!

Sadiesnakes Fri 18-Oct-19 02:07:34

Second using Lansinoh, or lanolips golden dry skin allover. its a huge tube, and can be used for other chapped areas too, really dry hands, feet, elbows, etc.

hairygodmother Fri 18-Oct-19 05:51:35

Ooh that Nuxe looks lovely. Am a bit of a lip balm addict it might appear ...

Girlintheframe Fri 18-Oct-19 06:38:45

I wasn't keen on the Nuxe one tbh, thought it was overpriced.
I do however love love love the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour lip balm. It isint greasy but keeps my lips really soft and chap free

evilharpy Fri 18-Oct-19 06:41:56

Another fan of the 8 Hour Cream one, but also just a smear of normal 8 Hour Cream from the tube. It’s great stuff.

Failing that - Carmex every time.

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 18-Oct-19 08:44:44

Brands like Carmex and Blistex actually have camphor in them, which is not great for skin! Same goes for anything promising a "cooling" effect as it usually comes from peppermint oil, also an irritant.

I've found the La Roche-Posay Ciclaplast to be good and there are various Nivea ones that are good too.

Housewife2010 Fri 18-Oct-19 08:59:26

I avoid lanolin (allergy) and mint scented products (drying). I love the Nuxe lip balm in a pot. I have tried lots of others and often have the Caudalie stick lip balm in my bag, but if my lips are dry and irritated Nuxe always works.

MikeUniformMike Fri 18-Oct-19 09:08:21

Chapstick.
Lip balms often have salicylic acid in them, which although it will give temporary relief, will actually exacerbate the problem.

SummerLove2306 Fri 18-Oct-19 09:14:20

@KellyHall Carmex. It's quite expensive as lip balms go (c.£5) but I've never found anything better in the winter to stop my lips turning in to rice crispies!

Where do you buy it from? I get mine from Superdrug and it's no more than £3!! Bodycare/Savers have them for £1.80

Bellasblankexpression Fri 18-Oct-19 09:15:47

Nuxe every single time

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »