Talk

Advanced search

Rainy day frizz!

(8 Posts)
tobee Thu 17-Oct-19 19:19:30

So my thin hair needs a lot of taming. But, in the weather we've been having lately, on and off rain, it frizzes at the slightest bit of drizzle. Then floofs up and looks dreadful.

What can I do to combat this? Anything?

ferneytorro Thu 17-Oct-19 20:35:23

I have a similar problem. For the past few years I have been having the Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Intelligent Blowdry. It lasts 12 weeks. For the first couple of weeks I can go out in any wet weather and not get frizz, after that I just need the briefest of touches with the GHD's. It also means that if I leave my hair to dry after swimming it still resembles the style I get when I straighten it.

FurrySlipperBoots Thu 17-Oct-19 20:39:24

I have the same problem! I feel like Monica in Barbados, except my frizz goes upwards rather than outwards! I have had 2 or 3 keratin treatments, and will get another before Christmas, but you can't use ordinary shampoo and those recommended make me feel so greasy it's like my hair is full of lard!! Is that an issue for you @ferneytorro.

tobee Fri 18-Oct-19 02:18:10

Ah, thanks for the replies. I will look into Keratin Complex Smoothing. smile

(At least Monica had thick hair grin)

Girlintheframe Fri 18-Oct-19 06:44:01

This is the bane of my life and I have tried everything!
Things that have worked include Moroccan oil, kerasil smoothing lotion, Sebastian re-shaper hair spray and SGXNYC The bodyguard

Blueberryblueberry Fri 18-Oct-19 07:20:29

If your hair is wavy/curly the only thing that I found every combatted the frizz is actually going curly/wavy (girly girl method) honestly this autumn had been amazing in comparison to when I straightened and I no longer dread being caught in a shower or it being damp weather. Or it at least looks a bit more intentional grin if you don't want to go curly maybe stick a few waves/curls through your hair on wet days?

ferneytorro Fri 18-Oct-19 08:16:18

I use my own shampoo and conditioner I’ve never been told I need special shampoo. They mention it but I just nod and don’t buy! Perhaps it would last longer without? When I initially had it I had the one where you couldn’t wash your hair for three days and I may have had the shampoo but I didn’t notice any difference as far as I can remember.

tobee Fri 18-Oct-19 16:22:13

Food for thought smile
Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »