Talk

Advanced search

Winter boots with decent arch support

(10 Posts)
HMArsey Wed 16-Oct-19 15:06:47

I'm looking for some flat-ish ankle boots with good arch support. I've tried putting orthotics in and it just doesn't work for me.

Apart from Vionics and Strive are there any other arch-specific brands?

What about Fitflop or brands like Barbour, Emu etc?

SarahBeeney Wed 16-Oct-19 15:21:54

I found fitflop boots very supportive.

FlorenceLyons Wed 16-Oct-19 16:10:53

Do Birkenstock sandals work for you? If so, you could try their boots. I have their Laramie boots in dark brown and I love them. They remind me of conkers grin

HMArsey Wed 16-Oct-19 16:14:39

Yes, the only truly comfy shoes I have are Birkenstocks, but I tried on a couple of pairs of their boots and felt they looked a little, ahem, corrective. grin I obviously need to try again. Do you get the same size in boots as you do in sandals?

I thought the main thing about Fitflops was that they were squashy am I mixing them up with Skechers? Will look at their offerings.

SarahBeeney Thu 17-Oct-19 10:21:06

Yes I think you’re confusing them with Sketchers. Fitflops definitely not squashy.

Oldraver Thu 17-Oct-19 12:30:30

I bought some Sorl last year. Decent arch support

HMArsey Thu 17-Oct-19 16:00:26

Thanks! Just looked at Fitflop and some of their chelsea boots are nice. I have quite fat feet though, so may have to buy several to try on.

Do you mean Sorel, Oldraver? I can't find Sorl.

FlorenceLyons Thu 17-Oct-19 17:29:47

I quite like the 'corrective' look grin These are mine. I think they look like the love children of a pair of DMs and a pair of broguessmile

Yes, they're the same size as I'd get in sandals.

HMArsey Fri 18-Oct-19 11:19:13

I like the shoe version of those, Florence. The ankle bit would be too tight for my pudgy little legs. Are you finding they're wearing well?

HMArsey Fri 18-Oct-19 11:46:39

I've found some Emu ones I really like, but have no idea what they're like for arch support. I may have to bite the bullet and order, but it could be a big waste of time.

Grr, damn my flat aching feet!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »