Talk

Advanced search

Royal style: who needs an Indian summer when you can have a Pakistani autumn?

(1000 Posts)
QueenOfTheAndals Wed 09-Oct-19 21:25:58

Previous thread

And the countdown to the Cambridge trip to Pakistan begins!

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 18-Oct-19 12:44:59

It was a gift about 17 years ago @NachoFries. After weight loss and 2.5 years of breastfeeding the blouse is actually too big for me but the way the sari is draped you can't tell!

And thread closed!

Strawberrycreamsundae Fri 18-Oct-19 11:43:28

Or is it Pursuivant d'Argent? My French is beyond rusty 😄
I would love to dress in some of those outfits but it wouldn't really fit in with the soggy wilds of Wiltshire and welly boots!

NachoFries Fri 18-Oct-19 11:30:17

Lurker here on Style and Beauty but have to say that I loved that sari on you @QueenOfTheAndals. Where did you buy it from? I wouldn’t mind trying to see if I could make a sari dress out of it.

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 18-Oct-19 11:02:56

But more importantly...

Your new thread awaits!

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 18-Oct-19 11:02:23

I'll keep an open mind about the Harry documentary. It could be that the clips we've seen give a one-sided view so let's see what the whole thing is like. I think they generally did pretty well on their African trip, as they did they Oz one last year.

BertrandRussell Fri 18-Oct-19 10:57:29

The Silver Pants In Waiting.

Pursuivant d’Or du Pantalon

Blingandrings Fri 18-Oct-19 10:57:11

You look amazing in that sari Queen.

I am puzzled as to why cameras and flash are distressing Harry so much now. In the past it didn’t seem to bother him. I wonder if it’s because he feels he needs to protect Meghan? She’s well used to cameras and flash and being in the public eye.
The African tour has become all about his mental health not the causes he is there to support as someone said upthread. I do feel very sorry for him but if he’s not coping he needs to step out of the limelight for a bit and get some proper help.
I wonder what the Queen thinks?
Have seen virtually nothing on the news about W and K s tour. These threads are educating me!

Myimaginarycathasfleas Fri 18-Oct-19 10:38:32

* I’m pretty sure Kate wasn’t drying her knickers with the hair dryer...*

No, she would have People to do that...😂

RomaineCalm Fri 18-Oct-19 10:26:48

I’m pretty sure Kate wasn’t drying her knickers with the hair dryer...

This has made me smile this morning. grin

Love the outfit today, don't like the shoes. I still maintain that this would have been the perfect trip to bring out some fabulous strappy sandals in different colours (both heels and flats). Clothes-wise the tour has been a success for me - even the brown mountain outfit.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 18-Oct-19 10:19:18

Some of the Pakistani designers worn by Kate on this trip

Elan

Zeen

Gul Ahmed

I love the fabrics and the colours.
I think some of the longer tunics would make beautiful summer dresses and the shorter ones would cover my middle aged middle!

queenofarles Fri 18-Oct-19 10:08:09

Beautiful Sari Queen

I feel sorry for Harry.

Myimaginarycathasfleas Fri 18-Oct-19 10:08:05

@QueenOfTheAndals you look gorgeous in that sari, what lovely colours.

Re the H&M documentary, I'm in two minds about watching it. I'd love to see more of the people and causes they visited but I fear it's going to be yet another whinge about the trials of public life. Tom Bradby is a personal friend so I think it's going to be a PR exercise rather than anything meaningful about the tour.

I've seen a few articles pop up on the internet about a possible move to Canada, and I have always thought (and posted!) that this is on the cards. It's part of the Commonwealth so would be appropriate for their role.

I don't think H needs to be around till George reaches the age of majority. I doubt William would want Harry to stand as regent in favour of Kate, and I suspect whichever monarch is ruling at the time would make the necessary constitutional change if the situation ever arose. I'm not claiming any expertise in this area though.

Everything I see of H at the moment suggests more therapy is needed.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 18-Oct-19 10:08:02

Got a new thread lined up @QueenOfTheAndals?

itswinetime Fri 18-Oct-19 10:04:07

I could believe Kate's shoes were in the wrong city but apart from the silver sandals with the green gown she has worn the wrong shoes with pretty much every outfit so unless someone grabbed the wrong bag when packing I'm not sure

AppleKatie Fri 18-Oct-19 10:01:01

The plane trip does sound scary I wouldn’t have liked it either. And the good news stories about how William handled it speak well of him.

It does look like Kate’s shoes were in the wrong city however.

beanaseireann Fri 18-Oct-19 09:58:32

Only just caught up with this thread today. Your sari is beautiful QueenoftheAndals.

It must have been quite terrifying for those travelling with William and Kate. William being a pilot could reassure Kate. I don't like turbulence !!!

QueenOfTheAndals Fri 18-Oct-19 09:50:52

The idea @BertrandRussell 😂😂

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 18-Oct-19 09:36:14

Fabulous River Cruise for Wax n Max in Kerala

Horsemad Fri 18-Oct-19 09:36:13

grin

BertrandRussell Fri 18-Oct-19 09:35:41

I’m pretty sure Kate wasn’t drying her knickers with the hair dryer...

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 18-Oct-19 09:34:27

Actually looking at the fit. I think someone rushed out and bought it for her. She’s wearing yesterday’s trousers.
They probably had to rinse out their undies in the sink and dry them over the bath. Kudos for looking professional after that last minute chaos.

UrsulaPandress Fri 18-Oct-19 09:31:58

Love the top but I find white and white a bit difficult.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Fri 18-Oct-19 09:30:32

@paradyning
I think this is just a temporary outfit as they are only just flying from Islamabad to Lahore, hence the lack of accessories.
Lucky she had some spare clothes, I love the black and white kurta.
Looks like William’s clothes from yesterday were rushed through the hotel laundry overnight.
Kudos to the high Commission for sorting out apparently 100 bedrooms for staff and diplomats.
We’ll probably see a couple more outfits today. The visits in Lahore then the official departure.
It’s been a fantastic trip style wise.

itswinetime Fri 18-Oct-19 09:27:14

I like Kate's look but it's the shoes!! That outfit screams either black shoes or a colour if she was feeling daring for once! Meghan needs to help Kate out with the whole accessories side of things in return Kate can lead Meghan away from the belted dress look please!

peridito Fri 18-Oct-19 09:25:07

Wonder if the unscheduled overnight stay in Lahore might be responsible ? Clothes,shoes/dresser etc not all where they should be ?
Lack of time ?

This thread is not accepting new messages.