Talk

Advanced search

Royal style: who needs an Indian summer when you can have a Pakistani autumn?

(1000 Posts)
QueenOfTheAndals Wed 09-Oct-19 21:25:58

Previous thread

And the countdown to the Cambridge trip to Pakistan begins!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Wed 09-Oct-19 21:32:33

Merci! What a fab title.
Looking forward to the fashion next week!

Ninkaninus Wed 09-Oct-19 21:32:38

👍👍 Thanks for new thread!

itswinetime Wed 09-Oct-19 21:33:40

Love the title thanks for the new thread!

hopeishere Wed 09-Oct-19 21:34:47

So looking forward to the tour!

FATEdestiny Wed 09-Oct-19 21:36:43

crown

MotherofPearl Wed 09-Oct-19 21:39:03

Thanks Queen, and what an inspired title!

mathanxiety Wed 09-Oct-19 21:40:41

The culottes from the last thread <my eyes>

RomaineCalm Wed 09-Oct-19 21:44:03

Great thread title, thank you. I am so looking forward to Kate's outfits on tour and hoping for several formal events (and maybe even the odd tiara...)

AudacityOfHope Wed 09-Oct-19 21:44:55

How many threads is that now @QueenOfTheAndals??

StCharlotte Wed 09-Oct-19 21:46:19

Curtseys.

Thanks for the new thread Queen!

Ninkaninus Wed 09-Oct-19 21:47:32

@mathanxiety if the comments on this thread are indicative of the general public’s opinions of those trousers, there’ll still be loads left by the time I can afford to buy them! 😆

Horsemad Wed 09-Oct-19 21:51:00

Placemarking, great thread title! grin

Hihellohi Wed 09-Oct-19 21:54:10

Can’t wait. Always read the threads but don’t contribute (as everyone else is more entertaining!) but I hope we see some beautiful shalwar kameez outfits from some top designers in PK

Ninkaninus Wed 09-Oct-19 21:54:31

<Passes around platter of olives and pours out wine>

MotherofPearl Wed 09-Oct-19 22:07:53

Now I don't want to be harsh on thread-favourite Max but I'm afraid I really don't like this ensemble. The colour of the blouse is great and I like the shoes, but otherwise it's horrendous. The asymmetrical skirt is awful, and she needs to lose that hat, pronto. And dare I say it - she also needs a better bra.

justasking111 Wed 09-Oct-19 22:08:11

Waiting to see who designs the frocks for the tour.

frugalkitty Wed 09-Oct-19 22:17:14

Article on the DM about Fergie and all the work she's had done.....hang on a mo....

RomaineCalm Wed 09-Oct-19 22:19:55

I'm sorry, I don't like that outfit on Max. It looks like Sherlock Holmes meets Little Red Riding Hood.

AppleKatie Wed 09-Oct-19 22:20:04

Thanks for the new thread! I’d like to see some evening wear in Pakistan too, it’s been awhile. When do they go?

frugalkitty Wed 09-Oct-19 22:20:13

Here we are.

QueenOfTheAndals Wed 09-Oct-19 22:20:20

Not the best look on Max @MotherofPearl. She looks like a lady detective from the 1940s, and not in a good way!

frugalkitty Wed 09-Oct-19 22:20:41

And thanks for the new thread Queen

AudacityOfHope Wed 09-Oct-19 22:20:54

Yeah overall that outfit just has too much going on @MotherofPearl and I generally think asymmetrical hems are the work of the devil.

InvisibleWomenMustBeRead Wed 09-Oct-19 22:21:14

That's very true @QueenOfTheAndals.

Thanks for the new thread - loving all the fashions.

QueenOfTheAndals Wed 09-Oct-19 22:22:26

Oh Fergie! Did you really think we didn't suspect??

UrsulaPandress Wed 09-Oct-19 22:22:55

<bows>

JaimeBronde Wed 09-Oct-19 22:26:57

Thanks for the new thread Queen

TokyoSushi Wed 09-Oct-19 22:30:01

Thank you, looking forward to the tour!

derxa Wed 09-Oct-19 23:16:55

Alwayscheerful Wed 09-Oct-19 23:49:26

smile

RainbowsAndGlitterAndUnicorns Wed 09-Oct-19 23:57:47

Checking in smilebrewwinecakegin

Pieceofpurplesky Thu 10-Oct-19 00:38:47

Excited to see the trip fashion too

beanaseireann Thu 10-Oct-19 01:46:33

Thank you QueenoftheAndals for the new thread.
I love Kate's hair, long and swishy. A true crowning glory.
She looked lovely yesterday.
Oh to have either her metabolism or great willpower towards food. smile

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 10-Oct-19 05:46:41

I'm not sure I would have guessed Fergie had had work done. She looks her age to me, not that that's a bad thing.

MotherofPearl Thu 10-Oct-19 06:56:11

That's kind of tragic @Myimaginarycathasfleas, considering that it seems she is saying 'I've had a lot of help to not look anything close to 60'!

DevonUkelele Thu 10-Oct-19 07:17:28

<Passes around platter of olives and pours out wine>

@Ninkaninus 😂😂

Cheers for the new thread @Queen. Always nice to have a tour in the offing!

DevonUkelele Thu 10-Oct-19 07:18:59

Oops bold fail - hopefully you get the idea

paradyning Thu 10-Oct-19 07:23:10

Looks like Fergie has an excellent plastic surgeon. Defo jn comparison to the other Royal ladies' who make them look way too obvious.
Unlike Max's blouse. And her hat in isolation. I've seen it look better jn her in other outfits. But not there!!

latedecember1963 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:25:52

Checking in, thanks for the new thread, Queen.
🍷🍷🍇(Couldn't find olives so improvised with grapes.)

StartupRepair Thu 10-Oct-19 07:30:21

Sounds more bitchy than I intend it to but Fergie looks both 60 and like someone who has had work.

paradyning Thu 10-Oct-19 07:33:17

Once again. Without typos.

Looks like Fergie has an excellent plastic surgeon. Defo in comparison to the other Royal ladies' who make them look way too obvious.
I like Max's blouse. And her hat in isolation. I've seen it look better on her in other outfits. But not there!!

QueenOfTheAndals Thu 10-Oct-19 07:37:01

No I agree @StartupRepair. It looks to me like she's had work done but it isn't particularly good work. Poor old Fergie! You have to wonder why it's headline news though and why she's given the Mail an exclusive hmm

latedecember1963 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:39:53

I wonder if Beatrice and Eugenie will be able to resist the lure of plastic surgery as they get older or if it's regarded as routine as a dental checkup in wealthy circles?

Disfordarkchocolate Thu 10-Oct-19 07:55:08

We've seen a fair bit of Fergie recently and it never occurred to me she'd had work done at all. She looks 60, and that's not a criticism it's her actual age.

My Mum is over a decade older and ill but she has fewer wrinkles, all hail chubby cheeks and oily skin (and thankfully I inherited them).

banivani Thu 10-Oct-19 08:20:52

Thanking for the thread with the photo released of the Swedish succession after the news of the title cull! CPV in ByTiMo, Estelle in Bonpoint, KCG in ...a suit. Portrait on the wall is the king's father.

RoseQuartzGlow Thu 10-Oct-19 08:29:26

I really don't think Fergie looks under 60. I think she looks quite a bit older. It hadn't occurred to me that she might have had surgery, don't know why!
I think with Kate, it's probably so much easier to have willpower when someone else is doing the food shopping for you and cooking all your meals. I'm sure she's given instructions for virtually no carbs and no sugar! She probably eats lovely meals which are very balanced. She also has a pilates instructor and probably a home gym. Not so hard when you have all that. Also when you know if you look the least bit fat you'll be all over the tabloids in a bad way.

StCharlotte Thu 10-Oct-19 08:30:47

MotherofPearl Yes It's a rare Max fail.

Surprised about Fergie as I thought she was very much looking her age. Apart from her lovely hair. I'm four years behind her and look similar (combination of recent weight loss and my sisters stealing the eternal-youth genes). I've been offered concession tickets a few times sad I shall now blow my facelift fund on cake. Not encouraging.

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 10-Oct-19 08:38:42

I think SF looks great, but not younger than 60. "Ginger" skin can be dry, and more easily sun damaged. I think it's sad if her self esteem depends on her looking younger, she's a handsome woman who represents her age well.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 10-Oct-19 09:01:10

A couple of screen grabs from the Prince Harry / Ed Sheeran project
“ Moroccan Sunset” hair! grin

Not yet launched on SussexRoyal

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 10-Oct-19 09:05:35

Ok, Here’s the video

SunshineCake Thu 10-Oct-19 09:27:12

I think it is vital everyone has different tastes. The culottes did remind me of mushy peas though, and the frog face dress. The D of C looked lovely though and I love her new hair colour.

UrsulaPandress Thu 10-Oct-19 09:27:21

I’d be lovely and trim if I had someone to make me delicious salads for every meal.

And a swimming pool on hand.

And a padlock on the wine fridge.

Hairydilemma Thu 10-Oct-19 09:36:26

Checking in and sadly lacking any sort of witty epithet to do it with. Thanks for the new thread Queen

BlingLoving Thu 10-Oct-19 09:44:42

Can't watch the video as am in a coffee shop and left headphones at home but I think it's definitely not Frogmore cottage - saw a reference on Twitter.

Thanks for new thread Queen. I spend a lot of my time writing for corporates but am terrible at headlines. Can i start sending them to you to add for me!? PLEASE?

I'm still trying to work out when Kate popped down to Warehouse or if she did it online. And why Warehouse? I always think of it as one of those trendy, low quality places that are great for fun young things. I (briefly) shopped there when I was in my mid 20s, thinner and into more throwaway stuff. Have I missed a trick here?

Doyoureallyneedtoask Thu 10-Oct-19 09:51:04

If be more surprised if ANY of the RF (men and women) haven’t had work done.

I was listening to a radio interview a while ago with a woman talking about the work she had done. She was a perfectly ordinary woman with an above average salary.

In her social circle of friends, colleagues and neighbours it was part of their beauty maintenance routine and is as commonplace as booking an appt with the hairdresser. It was all very normal.

What is stranger imo is the denial of having work done. I’ve always thought it was something only celebrities and even then only some celebrities did. That really isn’t the case at all, it is very commonplace and normal.

Doyoureallyneedtoask Thu 10-Oct-19 09:54:20

And why Warehouse? I always think of it as one of those trendy, low quality places that are great for fun young things. I (briefly) shopped there when I was in my mid 20s, thinner and into more throwaway stuff.

It is throwaway fashion. Meanwhile as the public scramble around trying to buy it, I suspect that jumper went straight to Kate’s charity bag.

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 10-Oct-19 09:55:29

@BlingLoving
It’s Eugenie’s house.
We were talking about it at the end of the last thread

Ninkaninus Thu 10-Oct-19 10:05:11

Yes, I think she probably won’t ever wear it in public again. Who knows, perhaps she wears clothes like that at home. Either way, I thought it suited her beautifully.

I don’t shop at Warehouse a lot but I’ve got a few things - I tend to look there when I just want a cheapish item - I got my two tops for going out for Christmas work dos last year from there. They’re not superb quality, but for wearing once in a great while they’re fine and will last years, so they’re not throwaway for me. I’ve got a lovely jumpsuit from there as well, plus now a jumper that fits my A/W palette perfectly! Next thing will be a leather skirt to wear with it...

paradyning Thu 10-Oct-19 10:56:02

Is not really Eug's house though? Surely it's a location and a set designer has just bunged some photos on the wall

latedecember1963 Thu 10-Oct-19 10:59:31

That's a powerful image in the photo of the Swedish succession, Banivani.
I wonder if Prince Charles may now consider a similar move once he becomes King. Perhaps not immediately, but after a couple of years when people have got used to him as the monarch.

Aww, the frog dress. I really liked it and thought it was a quirky departure from the usual coatdress for a change. Mind you, I look back at photos from the 80s and 90s and wonder what possessed me! 🤦‍♀️

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 10-Oct-19 11:01:19

I kind of hope it isn't Eug's house, because that suggests Harry's privacy is more sacrosanct than hers. It can't be, though, surely?

I'm assuming it's meant to be taken ironically, what with the doorbell and everything.

FiveTwoFaster Thu 10-Oct-19 11:09:47

I guess if Kate is happy to wear Zara a fair bit as casual wear she is probably just as happy to wear Warehouse.

Does Fergie smoke? I always assumed she did as she doesn’t look miles younger than her age. She looks like a perfectly normal (but with good hair colour if it’s dyed) woman approaching 60 who sunbathed hard in the 80s and enjoys a fag to try to stay slim (and a drink to go with it).

Hairydilemma Thu 10-Oct-19 11:14:16

I love a bit of Warehouse - as PP
have said, it’s on a par with Zara and perhaps Oasis for me, although I prefer it to Oasis which I always find a bit polyester.

It’s not too expensive, not too cheap and I find quite a few bits in there that suit me. I also agree that it lasts - I’ve got things from Warehouse that I’ve had for years.

I’m 46 and not very trendy so I don’t imagine I’m the shopper they’re really aiming for! But it’s one of the few places on the high st now where I know I’ll pretty much always find something I’ll like.

UrsulaPandress Thu 10-Oct-19 12:14:15

I'd loved Warehouse when it opened in the 80s. I was a bright young thing living in London and shopped there all the time.

Sigh

BertrandRussell Thu 10-Oct-19 12:51:55

“ I'm assuming it's meant to be taken ironically, what with the doorbell and everything.”

You did see the “Moroccan Sunset” line? grin

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 10-Oct-19 13:01:38

A lot of Kate’s high street clothes go to Pippa or Carole.

Laiste Thu 10-Oct-19 13:01:43

''A lot of help to look like this at 60''.

'This'? confused

Being diplomatic, she looks no less than 60. How crass to crow about how fab you imagine everyone else thinks you look!

Whattheother2catsprefer Thu 10-Oct-19 13:31:24

I thought at Eug's wedding that Fergie looked refreshingly not worked on. She had age appropriate wrinkles and not that shiny immobile look that seems to be taking over the faces of women of a certain age. I now fear who ever told her they were doing work on her has done an "Emperors new clothes" and taken money for nought!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 10-Oct-19 13:58:56

Well one does wonder what Sarah would have looked like without “help”. However kudos to her for being open about it.
Women of a certain age are much more attractive when you can see their laughter lines and their life on their face, rather than fillers and Botox.

Greyhound22 Thu 10-Oct-19 14:48:24

Oh I think I'm the only one that quite likes Max's outfit.

I think SF looks good too 🤷‍♀️

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 10-Oct-19 15:05:02

* You did see the “Moroccan Sunset” line?*grin

I did, but I might need it explaining!grin

Looking at that article it doesn't look like SF's had THAT much work done, not surgery anyway, just a few injections. She exaggerated for self deprecating effect I think. It's mostly laser treatment, whatever that is.

BertrandRussell Thu 10-Oct-19 15:06:44

Well, dd and I are now referring to ourselves as Moroccan Sunset Heads.........

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 10-Oct-19 15:08:11

That would include me thengrin

Ninkaninus Thu 10-Oct-19 15:39:42

I wonder what Pippa does with Kate’s castoffs, given that she’s fabulously wealthy now, likely with access to far more money than Kate!

CurlyWurlyTwirly Thu 10-Oct-19 15:42:22

CPMary carrying on her triumphant tour of Paris.
Here with Brigitte Macron

I love the tweed berry skirt.
Mary has got her skirt lengths spot on. I also like the pie crust jumper which we saw last winter. I know it’s a bit marmite but goes with the puritanical vibe which appears to be quite fashionable at the moment.

FiveTwoFaster Thu 10-Oct-19 15:42:43

Prince Harry And Ed Sheeran should have had Beatrice and Fergie frantically making Gingers Unite banners in the background.

Ninkaninus Thu 10-Oct-19 15:45:37

Oh I love pie crust collars... I don’t mind if a lot of people hate them, that just means I can pick them up in the sales at great prices!

QueenOfTheAndals Thu 10-Oct-19 16:14:32

Here's Mathilde in a pie crust collar too. Can't say I'm fond of her outfit.

whitershadeofpale Thu 10-Oct-19 16:22:17

Mathilde looks so much older than her years and she's had work done too, I often think it just makes people look 'done' rather than younger.

I was in extremely close proximity to a celeb yesterday and she looked horrendous, it was the main thing I noticed about her an odd combination of drawn, taunt and puffy-very odd. She doesn't even look bad in photos so god knows what those who look bad must be like in the flesh!

paradyning Thu 10-Oct-19 16:44:32

I agree @whitershadeofpale. Her work is ageing.

Spudlet Thu 10-Oct-19 17:03:22

Place-marking 👸 Thanks for the new thread!

BertrandRussell Thu 10-Oct-19 17:11:45

“ Her work is ageing.”
I read that and for a split second thought “Fuck me, how is the occasional half hour of hand shaking ageing????

Gooseysgirl Thu 10-Oct-19 17:15:11

On the fence about Max's outfit, am not keen but somehow she manages to carry it off and I don't find myself hating it 😄

MariahDontCarey Thu 10-Oct-19 17:30:41

Checking in! New username grin.

QueenOfTheAndals Thu 10-Oct-19 17:37:39

Now we have to figure out who you used to be @MariahDontCarey!

MariahDontCarey Thu 10-Oct-19 17:39:30

Ah now, that'd be telling wink! I know it won't narrow anything down if I tell you I'm Irish grin.

Becles Thu 10-Oct-19 17:59:04

Moroccan Sunseters unite!!!🦰🦰🦰🦰

Mummyonline Thu 10-Oct-19 18:49:11

I like what Princess Eugenie is wearing here. Could she be pregnant?!

managedmis Thu 10-Oct-19 18:52:16

Super. I'm wearing a grass green top so it looks like I'm bang on trend 👍

paradyning Thu 10-Oct-19 18:58:08

The work of her plastic surgeon Bertrand....

Myimaginarycathasfleas Thu 10-Oct-19 19:00:36

<licks pencil and begins taking redhead register>

StCharlotte Thu 10-Oct-19 19:13:39

I think Sofia had a lovely pie-crust sweater last year. I looked and can't find a picture. Scowl.

managedmis Thu 10-Oct-19 19:19:05

shock mummy online

Horsemad Thu 10-Oct-19 19:25:06

I don't think Eugenie's pregnant - that 'bump' in the picture looks quite low down, so we'd have known about it earlier, surely?

MotherofPearl Thu 10-Oct-19 19:26:52

I'm not a fan of those pie crust collars I'm afraid - though that might be because they look terrible on me.

We've not seen Rania for a while, but here she is, not looking her best imo. She's one who has taken having work done far too far.

And it's another asymmetrical hemline. I agree with whoever it was on here who said they hate them - me too!

MotherofPearl Thu 10-Oct-19 19:27:43

Photo would help!

justasking111 Thu 10-Oct-19 19:34:46

Was looking at todays picture of Sarah. Well if I was her I would get my teeth fixed, whitened. The hair is now much thinner so needs styling differently. She always looks happy though.

paradyning Thu 10-Oct-19 19:42:58

Rania's shoes are very Chanel. Love them.

QueenOfTheAndals Thu 10-Oct-19 20:07:03

Rania is beautiful but she's had a LOT of work done.

This thread is not accepting new messages.