Talk

Advanced search

What would you do with my hair?

(20 Posts)
biggirlknickers Wed 09-Oct-19 08:32:05

It’s overgrown and had no colour for months due to lack of funds.

I used to have it coloured warm brown (natural colour is mousy but going quite grey around temples now). When the brown fades it’s left this weird dull ginger.

I’m thinking of going blonder in order to allow the greying to happen more easily. But I’ve always thought of myself as a brunette so I’m not sure.

Also, the style. I do like it long but should I change it? It only got this long because I couldn’t afford to cut it!

It’s naturally wavy / a bit frizzy - I straightened it yesterday.

Open to any suggestion.

biggirlknickers Wed 09-Oct-19 08:37:15

An overhead shot to show the roots properly.

CatFlower Wed 09-Oct-19 11:03:02

How about some balayage? If you try and match your natural hair colour, that will allow roots to grow out much more naturally. You have lovely thick hair, if you keep it long, maybe get some layers? A long sweeping fringe to frame the face?

fiffaffu Wed 09-Oct-19 11:33:01

Your hair looks very dark blond on top with the whites. I would have highlights and lowlights to blend in the whites and strawberry blond hair you have now

Fresta Wed 09-Oct-19 16:45:00

I'd grow out the ginger- it's making you look pale- my hair is a mousy dark blonde and I feel best with ash blonde highlights which blend in with my greying bits quite well.

KittyLarkin Wed 09-Oct-19 17:36:09

I think it is making you look washed out and probably older, than you really are. A shoulder length bob would take the weight off your face, giving you a fresher look.

Phoebesgift Wed 09-Oct-19 17:41:52

Balayage. Light brown base with ash blonde highlights in the middle to lower lengths. You are very pale. Dark colours will wash you out. Go blonde!

Atalune Wed 09-Oct-19 18:02:56

That shape and style but just brushing your shoulders and go for some ash highlights.

MikeUniformMike Wed 09-Oct-19 20:27:40

Your hair looks lovely.

MoanerLeaser Wed 09-Oct-19 21:38:30

I'd go proper redhead, cut two or three inches off and give it some curl.

Runkle Wed 09-Oct-19 22:57:51

Strawberry blonde balayage. Or warm auburn, the red really suits you.

Snog Wed 09-Oct-19 23:14:00

A fringe would really suit you

ImTakingTheEssence Wed 09-Oct-19 23:20:08

You have gorgeous hair. I wouldn't cut the length, maybe a middle parting and try a fringe. I would keep the colour and get you roots done. Maybe deep conditioning treatments.

Pinkdoor Wed 09-Oct-19 23:44:58

Cut six inches off so it's just below your shoulders.

hairtoss Thu 10-Oct-19 00:41:20

What pink said.
I think long hair can be aged if it's not in tip top condition, plus it's fashionable to have shorter hair (as opposed from the hair extensions etc of a couple of years ago) so embrace it!

BusterGonad Thu 10-Oct-19 07:39:14

I can't comment on the colour but I agree with cutting some length off as I think it's aging you a bit/dragging your features down.

Ohyesiam Thu 10-Oct-19 07:42:27

You say dull ginger, I thought, mm, lovely hair.
You could cut 2-3 inches, but it’s a good style on you.

Janaih Thu 10-Oct-19 07:44:38

I had similar to you although my hair isn't nice and thick like yours. anyway I've had highlights and chocolate bits put in to tone down the redness, and a long inverted bob. I love it.

BigCuddlyGorilla Thu 10-Oct-19 08:10:47

Also agree with pink.

RainWoman19 Thu 10-Oct-19 08:14:32

About 2 inches chopped off and some balayage..multitonal. Would look great. I do like the colour now though to be honest but if your needing a change then get rid x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »