Talk

Advanced search

Trainer recommendations please!

(17 Posts)
Babushkashouse Tue 08-Oct-19 21:41:01

My style is quite casual, often wear jeans/ dress with tights. Please recommend some nice trainers!
I never have time to shop as I’ve got 2 under 3 at home most of the time. Just looked on ASOS and office and the current trend is big white trainers with chunky soles confused - not my thing at all!
I’m 35 so nothing too frumpy either. My last couple of pairs have been Nike internationalist / Nike sb but I’m bored of those styles now

Thinkle Wed 09-Oct-19 06:39:49

www.nike.com/gb/t/af-1-shadow-shoe-M8SqJM/CI0919-400
I’m in love with these at the moment.
Otherwise have you thought about Adidas superstars? I preferred these to my stan smiths.

smellybelly1 Wed 09-Oct-19 18:59:39

adidas continentals?

MrsSpenserGregson Wed 09-Oct-19 19:02:14

Have you looked at Woden trainers? Or Air & Grace?

I love my Wodens. Don't have any A&G yet but will be asking for a pair for Christmas.

smellybelly1 Wed 09-Oct-19 19:04:08

adidas continentals or sleeks?

Babushkashouse Wed 09-Oct-19 22:25:33

Thinkle- the Nikes are quite similar to stuff I’d normally wear but they might be a bit too trendy for me! They look a bit like these ones on Anthropologie- can’t decide if I like them or not!
www.anthropologie.com/en-gb/shop/selected-femme-dina-trainers?category=shoes&color=055&quantity=1&size=38&type=REGULAR
I wore Adidas superstars all through my late teens, LOVED them- maybe I should just buy a pair of those and pretend I’m 17 again!

superram Wed 09-Oct-19 22:29:07

I’ve been wearing superstars since I was 17. I’m now 42-embrace it.

Atalune Wed 09-Oct-19 22:30:41

Veja’s?

I like Nike free run knit.

Atalune Wed 09-Oct-19 22:33:23

these

I’m currently wearing Adidas Stan smiths. Not as comfy as Nike’s but look good with the look you’re describing.

Babushkashouse Wed 09-Oct-19 22:35:06

@MrsSpenserGregson thanks, I’d never heard of those. Woden have some lovely shoes! There’s something a bit awkward looking about Air and grace - maybe theyre nicer in real life

Supersimkin2 Wed 09-Oct-19 22:35:29

Nike internationalists are cool in London, and presumably will spread.

Also Nike Air Max, which are laaavly and comfy.

Legomadx2 Wed 09-Oct-19 22:39:56

I ordered some Air and Grace once after seeing a rec here and they were really uncomfortable - too narrow IIRC - and I sent them back. So disappointing.

I have loved my Vejas (tho everyone's wearing them now) and various Nikes. Dune do nice ones, ditto M&S leather ones (unlikely but true).

I don't like Golden Goose trainers - the only point to them seems to be showing off how much you spent on dirty looking trainers. Which to me is a bit like let them eat cake/Marie Antoinette/playing at being peasants in Versailles.

Not sure what trainers to buy next so good thread to be on!

smellybelly1 Wed 09-Oct-19 22:43:00

i'm a trainer fanatic & love my golden goose pairs. They aren't all super distressed but yes they are expensive. However they are so comfortable, I can wear them new out of the box for 8 hours & the inner heel really supports my high arches.

Babushkashouse Wed 09-Oct-19 22:51:31

Maybe I should have mentioned I don’t want white trainers.
@Supersimkin2 yeah as I said above I’m bored of Nike internationalist now.
@Atalune thanks for that link- found a gorgeous pair of veja’s but they didn’t have my size dammit!

smellybelly1 Wed 09-Oct-19 22:55:57

If you like Internationalists then look at New Balance 373 or Nike Cortez have retro styling. Both very comfy.

ashleighsmilie88 Wed 09-Oct-19 22:56:22

I would say New Balance or Vans slip ons, comfortable and colourful

MrsSpenserGregson Thu 10-Oct-19 10:13:15

Ah that's interesting that Air & Grace are narrow ... there's a shop not to far away from me that sells them so I might go and try some on to avoid a Christmas disappointment!

Seriously, Woden trainers are AMAZING. Bamboo soles too. Really comfy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »