Talk

Advanced search

That's my A/W shopping DONE

(31 Posts)
JMAngel1 Tue 08-Oct-19 16:31:43

Somebody stop me! I'm loving so many things this season so I'm holding myself accountable and saying enough!
I have bought over the last 2 months
2 cashmere M&S jumpers from Ebay - one grey, one violet
Skinny distressed jeans Zara
Knitted camel midi skirt Primark
V neck camel jumper Primark
Army green skinny combats Primark
Green leopard print cami bias midi dress Zara
2 v neck t shirts Zara. grey and black
Grey linen draped top Zara
Black and cream zebra midi H&M satin skirt
Chunky waterproof white trainers
Black slouch block heel boots
Chambray blue blouse M&S sale

All for £198 so not too bad but I still didn't buy a coat but last year 's has got another year in it I'm sure - it will have to!

Enough - I am done.
What's everyone else been buying or have you been more restrained than me?

LuxuryWoman2018 Tue 08-Oct-19 17:33:07

Hmmm I thought I was done too, but there are a lot of lovely colours around, I'd advise you to stay away from the Autumn wardrobe thread, too many ideas and lovely things

JMAngel1 Tue 08-Oct-19 17:43:43

Ha ha the funny thing is I posted on there on the first page saying I wasn't very excited by the upcoming style - hah!
Having said that, I don't think I got anything that was on my wish list which I posted on tbat thread. But in my defence, everything I have got is super wearable and goes with the rest of my wardrobe.
What have you bought Luxurywoman - although by your title, I don't think you wilk have been in Primark?!!

LuxuryWoman2018 Tue 08-Oct-19 17:56:12

Oh gosh, so much. I bought the Baukjen trench from the other thread and love it so much, a long, very soft black jumper from Principles. I do indeed buy bits from primark although not so much clothes but socks, and pyjamas although I did buy a lovely big scarf too.

You might have seen the Wallis utility shirt? I got in in black, a few of us discovered crossbody bags from a company called My Exquisite and although I’ve always loved a large structured bag I’m hooked on crossbodies now. Still looking for boots, All Saints have a pair I love but they are very expensive, I’m hoping for a sale.

I still need a couple of jumpers and I’d like a smart wool coat but it’s not needed as such. I have bought a couple of going out type tops too and a tortoiseshell cuff. Quite a lot really 😊

JMAngel1 Tue 08-Oct-19 18:11:11

That My Exquisite site looks dangerously good - love the satchel style x body bags and there's a ringer for the Soho bag.
I can't wear Wallis as I'm only 5ft 3 and everything swamps me.
I love All Saints too - in fact I saw a leopard print cami bias cut dress in there first which gave me the inspiration for the Zara one.

LuxuryWoman2018 Tue 08-Oct-19 18:24:20

Even Wallis petite?
I have one of the satchel bags, it’s lovely.
I love a lot of Zara stuff I see linked here or in magazines or instagram but in store I never find anything.
I’m still looking for very plain, very soft leather knee boots, the kind where the zips are very discreet.

JMAngel1 Tue 08-Oct-19 20:40:18

Alas no, any petite range makes me look shrunken - my arms and legs are wierdly long - I have a short torso so petite arms end up too short.
How about Russel & Bromley for your boots? Or check out Zalando.

Namechangenecessity Tue 08-Oct-19 20:49:27

I tried a nice paid of cowboy boots and a grey wool coat on in Zara today and I’m waiting for a denim dress from Sosander. I’ve also just taken delivery of the light grey fine Merino wool sweater from Uniqlo which is lovely.

I think taking into account the amount of clothes I’ve already got upstairs, I should be ok for a while. Well until the Xmas styles come out .....

LuxuryWoman2018 Wed 09-Oct-19 07:13:31

Yes I will look at Zalando for boots, I’ll keep an eye on Black Friday sales and post Christmas too. I’d like the very plain knee boots and then something a bit more statement.

LuxuryWoman2018 Wed 09-Oct-19 11:51:26

A bit like this but in leather

Runneryogi Wed 09-Oct-19 13:07:17

I paid off my student loan at last and got some birthday money so felt a bit flush. I’m not allowed anything until the spring!

I bought a navy trench coat from Comptoir des Cottoniers, a cord mini from Other Stories, printed mini from People Tree, a dungaree dress and navy linen skirt from Olive, a statement skirt from Wolf and Badger, white blouse from Sezanne and a couple of basic jersey tops from Boden.

I like to put together a capsule at the beginning of a season and update every six months so I’m trying to justify the spend that way! Must stop now...

LuxuryWoman2018 Wed 09-Oct-19 18:53:15

That’s what I’m missing! Some jersey tops for layering.

Steviestamborine Thu 10-Oct-19 07:33:10

I’ve had to replenish my wardrobe a bit, but I’m looking for a nice snuggly cardigan and I’m really stuck on shoes, I have no idea what to even look for these days. I miss the days of six shoe shops on every high street.

LuxuryWoman2018 Thu 10-Oct-19 08:15:23

I just saw Debenhams have this new collection, capsule wardrobe pieces, could be the shake up they need, I wonder what the quality is like but I like the idea www.debenhams.com/women/kley

MinesaPinot Thu 10-Oct-19 09:42:31

LuxuryWoman2018 I'm just looking at the My Exquisite site and love the little Camilla crossbody bag. Have you ordered from them? Are they any good?

LuxuryWoman2018 Thu 10-Oct-19 10:07:58

Yes, several times and yes very good Minesa

MinesaPinot Thu 10-Oct-19 10:51:16

LuxuryWoman2018 Thanks. As I said, the Camilla looks lovely, and I'm also liking this, which looks very like my friend's Loewe purse..

www.myexquisiteshop.com/collections/crossbody-bags/products/stella-crossbody-camera-style-handbag-in-premium-italian-leather?variant=30238153769075

Very good prices too, when you compare to some of the big brands

LuxuryWoman2018 Thu 10-Oct-19 11:16:43

That’s really nice @MinesaPinot I have a couple of Camila bags and I really like them, I’m a bit of a convert to the crossbody. I’ll see if I can take a picture in a bit if you like.

MinesaPinot Thu 10-Oct-19 11:22:04

Great thanks Luxury smile

LuxuryWoman2018 Thu 10-Oct-19 11:28:40

I don’t know if this will work

Deathraystare Thu 10-Oct-19 11:35:04

Wow JM Angel that is organised and a nice haul.

I went to Monsoon and saw two dresses without my nemesis (viscose). One of them had a rather velvety feel so am thinking about it. That's as far as I have got.

I am thinking of getting more cardis. It has to be freezing for me to feel cold but a cardi is sometimes necessary. My Primarni ones have suffered through accidentally being put through the tumble dryer.

historysock Thu 10-Oct-19 13:44:30

Think I just would like one more midi dress, a pair of knee high boots (day time ones) and a puffa jacket I've got my eye on in mango for watching kids football in.
I also would like a black pinafore dress actually.
(The boots probably won't happen as the only ones I really like are from &otherstories and a bit too expensive)
So not done at all grin

Steviestamborine Thu 10-Oct-19 15:11:57

I was nicely surprised by monsoon when I popped in last week, I don’t usually think to look but there was some nice things and lovely colours.

LuxuryWoman2018 Thu 10-Oct-19 19:58:20

I'll have a look in monsoon tomorrow and debenhams I think, but I'm not spending much more this year.

LuxuryWoman2018 Fri 11-Oct-19 09:17:50

I love this, uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.5/7451190110

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »