Talk

Advanced search

Bespoke tailors in London

(9 Posts)
switcharoo Tue 08-Oct-19 16:06:18

DH is 40 soon and I've had the idea of having some bespoke shirts or/and blazer made for him. Budget would be around the £1000 mark as I want them to be special and have s bit of an experience with the process, I toyed with the idea of a watch but I don't have the budget to get a really expensive classic so this seems like a good option.
Does anyone have any experience of this / advice / tailors to recommend approaching? TIA

Gertrudesgarden Tue 08-Oct-19 22:36:38

Saville Row? I'm not sure how far your budget will stretch but I'd sincerely hope you could get a made to measure jacket for a grand...

stealthbanana Tue 08-Oct-19 23:45:30

You’ll struggle to get a proper bespoke jacket for £1k but definitely semi bespoke / made to measure jacket or shirts will work at that budget.

Look at all the jermyn st / Savile row names - Turnbull & asser, Thomas pink, gieves & Hawkes et al all do mtm shirts for around £250 per shirt. For suiting look at cad & the dandy and stowers bespoke (the latter run by an ex gieves Guy) for very reasonable semi bespoke prices - you’d get a suit from them at your budget and still with the Savile row experience and quality

BubblesBuddy Wed 09-Oct-19 00:14:39

Try Emma Wills or Turnbull and Asser for shirts. You might not be spending enough for a jacket. I can recommend these shirtmakers.

switcharoo Wed 09-Oct-19 20:37:27

Thanks all, I've shopped a lot at turnbull in the past so knew I wouldn't get much beyond a few shirts there but I do love the shop and service in there. I'll have a look at the other suggestions thank you

SchnitzelVonKrumm Wed 09-Oct-19 22:48:51

Timothy Everest does semi-bespoke and they're based in a lovely townhouse in Spitalfields

MassDebate Thu 10-Oct-19 06:59:43

I did the same for my DH and went to Cad and the Dandy. You should definitely get what you’re after for your budget (you can buy it as a voucher so he goes in for the bespoke fittings later). DH got a bespoke suit and It’s beautiful. He also really enjoyed the fittings and seeing it come together!

switcharoo Thu 10-Oct-19 21:00:20

Brilliant thanks @MassDebate I'll have a look at them

WellTidy Thu 10-Oct-19 21:03:09

Turnbull and Asser are tailors to Prince Charles and Daniel Craig as James Bond. I think they’d do well for you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »