Talk

Advanced search

WHY are there no SWIMSUITS/TANKINIS in the shops?

(11 Posts)
jenk1 Mon 13-Aug-07 22:01:01

Going on holiday in 3 weeks, just booked it this weekend and thought id better get myself a decent swimsuit/tankini.

Ive been in Asda,Tesco,Matalan,TK Maxx,Next and THERES NOTHING

Just bikini bottoms.

Surely there must be a suit for me somewhere?

Can we have an swimsuit update on shops that have them in stock, pretty please.

Im in the north west btw if any MN,s are around from this area.

TIA

REIDmylips Mon 13-Aug-07 22:04:40

i'm afraid you will probably struggle now. Most shops have had their summer sales, which usual mean selling off all the summer clothes ready for the autumn/winter stock. This includes swimwear unfortunately . What about ordering online?

used2bthin Mon 13-Aug-07 22:05:05

Sorry, I can't really help, just sympathise. I was in North Wales last week and spent the week before looking for a tankini with no joy. Ended up taking my maternity one.

popmum Mon 13-Aug-07 22:05:45

got one yesterday in M&S - had lots of tankinis too

brimfull Tue 14-Aug-07 10:48:07

M&S
lands end online
figleaves online
ebay

jenk1 Tue 14-Aug-07 13:57:29

thanks im off to M&S tomorrow.

RubySlippers Tue 14-Aug-07 13:59:38

another vote for M & S here
went last week and got two swimsuits and they had some tankinis
their beach towels are only a fiver as well

LaCerbiatta Tue 14-Aug-07 14:42:24

My Gap has a very nice swimsuit, really cheap as well. Brown and crossed at the back

MrsSpoon Tue 14-Aug-07 14:53:20

There were loads in Debenhams in the Metro Centre the other week, I was looking (and bought) from the bra sized type range (Freya, Fantasie, etc), so good discounts ranging from 30% to 50%. Also ordered a whole load from Figleaves (look in the Discount Codes section there is a 20% off code, think it was "compaug" it might still work). All but one of the Figleaves costumes went back but they had loads of choice and loads of stock.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Tue 14-Aug-07 14:55:17

M&S had them last week, loads of them.

MrsSpoon Tue 14-Aug-07 14:55:24

Waiting for the right moment to break it to DH that I've actually bought two cossies, wonder if I just omitted to mention would he actually notice ... ponder ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now