Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help needed choosing really long jogging/yoga trousers please ...

(7 Posts)
Countingthegreyhairs Mon 13-Aug-07 15:37:01

I thought I'd be able to buy these anywhere but have had three unsuccessful shopping expeditions so far ...

I need some new tracksuit-bottoms/yoga-type trousers for some exercise classes that start Sept but I can't find any long enough (inside leg measurement = 33 inches/84 cms).

I'm really out of shape so I don't want them to be too skin tight. Would also prefer not black (but would be relieved to find any that fit at this stage!!)

Third problem - I live abroad so they would have to be available (preferably) by mail order, even if they only deliver to UK (my sister can post on).

I haven't bought any sportswear in a long time (and gone are the days when I could just wear dh's !!) so would really appreciate any advice - links etc

Gizmo Mon 13-Aug-07 15:40:18

I'm not a 'natural' on a style thread, so don't quote me, but have you tried Swetty Betty?

Their long size seems to be about right and they even have a sale on right now.

missgriss Mon 13-Aug-07 15:42:35

What about Long Tall Sally?

here

It can be a pain trying to find long length trousers.

ImBarryScott Mon 13-Aug-07 15:51:11

sounds mental but marks and spencers!

I got some grey ones last year for a walking holiday. I'm 5'9 and the long length is plenty long enough. They are a heavier material than the Sweaty Betty type yoga pants so they skim over my saddle bags.

I think these are they

Countingthegreyhairs Mon 13-Aug-07 15:56:58

Thank you everyone. Much appreciated.

Never heard of Sweaty Betty before so thanks for tip

Had forgotten all about Long Tall Sally (used to shop there when I lived in London)
really like the look of the navy ones ...

Will def look at M& S website too (should have thought of that!!! )

missbumpy Mon 13-Aug-07 16:11:49

I'm tall(ish) too and need 34" trousers (or 36" if I'm wearing heels...which I haven't done for a long time now I'm 31 weeks pg!). I usually get trousers/jeans/jogging bottoms from Topshop 'tall' section. Zara also has really long trousers and jogging bottoms (quite cheap too).

Countingthegreyhairs Mon 13-Aug-07 20:43:24

Thxs Miss B - and congrats on your bump - there's a Zara here so will check it out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now