Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Real crocs nicked! Where in Brighton can I get lookalikes?

(13 Posts)
katepol Mon 13-Aug-07 12:02:26

So, dds crocs were nicked at the weekend at the beach . I don't want to fork out again only for the same thing to happen, so where can I get some cheapie replacements? I have tried Brantano/Next.Matalan,Asda...
Ta!

PestoMonster Mon 13-Aug-07 12:09:00

Have you tried along the seafront? One of those shops selling touristy tat?

expatinscotland Mon 13-Aug-07 12:11:34

Someone stole you child's crocs?

katepol Mon 13-Aug-07 12:23:45

Expat - yes! Left with our bags and stuff, while we just went down to the shore to throw stones in the water. We were only about 20 yards away at most. Nothing else was nicked luckily, but dd still had to walk to the car in bare feet...

kittywits Mon 13-Aug-07 12:25:38

Theyve got croc type shoes along the seafront near to the riptide gym place. They've also got alot on ebay.
How horrible for you. Some people are real scum

PestoMonster Mon 13-Aug-07 12:28:13

That's dreadful. Were you at one of the main Brighton beaches then?

We were at the beach all day Saturday too, but not at one of the more touristy ones. I have to say I was worried about stuff getting pinched too, whilst we were rockpooling I was glancing up at our stuff on & off. However, I think if someone's determined, they'll take it anyway.

Grrr!! For you.

katepol Mon 13-Aug-07 12:32:14

Thanks for the tips about the seafront shops. Being residents , we don't tend to go to the beach in Brighton proper, but I will take a look...
We were by the lagoon in Hove at the weekend, coz it's not to far for the children to walk from the car, plus it doesn't get so busy. The playground and paddling pool there are fab too.
Just beware child-shoe-thieves!

PinkChick Mon 13-Aug-07 12:33:02

if you have a sports world close by they do sketchers style crocs..dd has both and these are fine(not as comfy as crocs, but at £7, im not complaining!)

Beetroot Mon 13-Aug-07 12:46:32

I bet COd m=nicked them in the name of fashion

anniemac Mon 13-Aug-07 14:23:57

Message withdrawn

furrycat Mon 13-Aug-07 14:26:22

I got my pushchair nicked last year in Brighton - it was outside my front door. Is there nothing they won't nick round here?

mamazon Mon 13-Aug-07 14:27:36

sports world do them as do some of the more lower end shoe shops.
you can get them on the beach as well.

katepol Tue 14-Aug-07 22:06:24

Sportsworld, North St came up trumps. Never been in there before - it was chavtastic, but I got what I wanted .

So, hopefully these ones won't get nicked...

Furrycat, where in Bton was your buggy nicked form - that is just cr*p...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now