Talk

Advanced search

Clarks V Startrite... is there a difference in sizing???

(12 Posts)
winniewoo Sun 12-Aug-07 09:37:18

I remember before someone saying there is a half size difference...just trying to work out if my DS school shoes still fit!!?

SlightlyMadSpider Sun 12-Aug-07 09:38:17

I think with any shoes the only way to be sure they still fit is to get them physically checked.

All manufacturers say that the 'measured fit' is only a guide in anycase.

PestoMonster Sun 12-Aug-07 09:40:13

Startrite measure up half a size smaller than Clarks. But I would definitely get their feet measured each time regardless.

winniewoo Sun 12-Aug-07 09:42:37

Thanks Spider..yes..think will do that..prob best. I bought clarks shoes when away on Holiday and no local shop nearby..only a startrite-designer shop and I don't want to get caught into the £40 buying of shoes when the clarks may still fit but will bite the bullet and take him in with Clarks shoes on...trouble is they are a bunch of snob assistants!!

Pinkchampagne Sun 12-Aug-07 09:43:08

Yes there is half a size difference between Clarks shoes and Startrite.

winniewoo Sun 12-Aug-07 09:43:23

Thanks Pm!

SlightlyMadSpider Sun 12-Aug-07 10:01:42

Do you not have a Clarks factory shop anywhere near. We even found one in our small holiday village last week. Got DTDs shoes at £18 a pair which saved us a bit.

I know there are some in Spalding, Burnham on Sea, Street
Someone said there was a factory shop in KingsLynn (I think that may have been Startrite)
And I know a friend that gets her shoes when they visit family (which I guess is either Sheffield or St Helens)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Sun 12-Aug-07 10:38:17

dd last measured an 8-8 1/2 Startite and 9 - 9 1/2 Clarks !

Ceolas Sun 12-Aug-07 10:40:02

Yes, Startrite measurement is usually a half to full size smaller.

Best way is to get shoes checked though.

Pinkchampagne Sun 12-Aug-07 10:40:12

Wow, that is quite a difference, LIZS!

MrsBadger Sun 12-Aug-07 10:42:18

factory shops also at the McArthur Glens in Swindon & Bridgend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now