Talk

Advanced search

Royal style: the Sussexes in Africa - it's gonna take a lot to drag us away from them...

(992 Posts)
QueenOfTheAndals Fri 20-Sep-19 19:22:51

Previous thread

Tour itinerary

As always, let's critique the clothes and not the wearers.

paradyning Sun 29-Sep-19 17:29:57

The DM are saying this is Autumn sat next to HM. But it's Serena isn't it?
Queen attends Sunday church service at Balmoral with Autumn Phillips
https://mol.im/a/7517475

Anyhow. I like her hat whoever it is.

BertrandRussell Sun 29-Sep-19 17:45:52

Nobody does hats as well as her Maj. Such a shame about her shoes.

@derxa- that “cutting “ of my post is Daily Mail worthy.

paradyning Sun 29-Sep-19 17:54:44

Sorry that DM link didn't work. It's this one.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7517475/Queen-dons-lime-green-hat-attends-Sunday-church-service-Balmoral-Autumn-Phillips.html

AdaColeman Sun 29-Sep-19 18:06:09

Nobody could do the rolling of eyes or the Bored Bored Bored look as brilliantly as Diana!

Horsemad Sun 29-Sep-19 18:11:51

Serena who?

QueenOfTheAndals Sun 29-Sep-19 18:13:51

Yes that is Serena Snowdon @paradyning. You'd think the DM would wonder why Autumn was attending church with HM, Lord S and his two children!

UrsulaPandress Sun 29-Sep-19 19:58:24

Not like the DM to make mistakes.

JaimeBronde Sun 29-Sep-19 20:13:05

grin grin grin

mathanxiety Sun 29-Sep-19 21:16:02

Anne couldn't get over herself enough to see if cracking a smile and being friendly might earn more donations for her charities.

That documentary was a really strange attempt to portray a gratuitously rude, graceless person in a positive light.

QueenOfTheAndals Sun 29-Sep-19 21:20:42

I've heard the term "doesn't suffer fools gladly" be used for both Anne and her father. But that's usually a polite way of saying "rude"!

itswinetime Sun 29-Sep-19 21:30:55

@QueenOfTheAndals. Yes it was around the time his wedding to Camilla was announced or their engagement or something similar so definitely older than 17!

I agree they are all acting most of the time it's part of the job Some are just better than others I think.

itswinetime Sun 29-Sep-19 21:32:35

Oops I missed this last page blush
That was in response to the comment about Charles and Nicholas Witchell.

BlingLoving Sun 29-Sep-19 21:55:22

Long time poster who disappears sometimes because I run out of time and/or the phone app is so crap!! No Irish officially but pretty likely there's some Irish on my Dad's side. Have never been to Ireland though. It's been on my list for the entire time I've lived here and its embarrassing that I haven't made it yet.

My parents live quite close to the post office Meghan visited. They were sad they hadn't seen or suspected a thing! (it's cape town so believe me, usually info spreads like wildfire within neighbourhoods and communities).

justasking111 Sun 29-Sep-19 23:14:25

A friend sent me a link to SA paper. She says people a bit bemused by the visit. They are more concerned with the banks retrenching and pending strikes. It is a light hearted temporary distraction.

www.thesouthafrican.com/

QueenOfTheAndals Sun 29-Sep-19 23:39:22

New thread!

QueenOfTheAndals Mon 30-Sep-19 07:55:51

@justasking111 I think a lot of royal tours serve as distractions these days. I was especially cynical when the Cambridges made a sudden trip to Northern Ireland at the time talk about Brexit and the backstop was at its peak.

RomaineCalm Wed 02-Oct-19 23:32:07

I know they're sometimes accused of being a bit too 'tartan-tastic' in Scotland but I love this picture of Camilla and Charles today.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »