Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what should i wear on monday for tv news programmes?

(71 Posts)
LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 10-Aug-07 18:45:11

oh flippity flippers!!

goingfor3 Fri 10-Aug-07 18:45:50

oooh which programme will you be on?

hermykne Fri 10-Aug-07 18:46:04

realy nice white shirt will make you look quite healty under harsh lights
will they see your bottoms?

RubySlippers Fri 10-Aug-07 18:46:21

something you feel comfortable in
camera lights can be hot as well so something cool
is it regional or national?

babygrand Fri 10-Aug-07 18:46:47

Something you feel comfortable in - maybe trousers and a smart shirt?

LilRedWG Fri 10-Aug-07 18:46:52

Definitely wear knickers!

I'm going away on Sunday for a few days. Hope you have a great week and Peter gets his new heart before I am home.

Take care. xx

jaynehater Fri 10-Aug-07 18:47:21

Make sure your hair is clean and comfortable so you don't fiddle.

And breathe.

newlifenewname Fri 10-Aug-07 18:47:40

Oh this is the most nightmarish of dilemmas. I nearly had a Richard and Judy appearance and I really couldn't cope with deciding what to wear. Although it never happened I chose a jacket from Per Una and some linen trousers and nice shoes. Will they see your shoes?

Good Jewellery -but not sparkly - important too imo.

beansprout Fri 10-Aug-07 18:49:23

What will you be on?

LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 10-Aug-07 18:49:29

white shirt and jeans ok? i dont have much time to shop for this.

its for channel 5, ITV anglia and london news. should be on about 5 different time slots on monday.

my hair is a mess, no time to get it cut in time either. have taken to wearing a headband thingy, but unsure if i should when i get there.

i hope they won't see my bottom

babygrand Fri 10-Aug-07 18:49:45

Sounds good.

Beetroot Fri 10-Aug-07 18:50:43

do you know someone who woudl come round and cut it for you?

If white shirt have a scarf or beads
Make up!!

LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 10-Aug-07 18:51:15

so no crocs? shoes? i hadnt even thought about shoes. i dont think i own 'proper' shoes. its been a few years since i have had to buy anything other than for comfort.

BreeVanDerCampLGJ Fri 10-Aug-07 18:51:42

White shirt and jeans fine, just do what you can with your hair.

I stayed up until the stand down came and then cried my eyes out. Lord knows how you must all be feeling.

Much love

LGJ

FluffyMummy123 Fri 10-Aug-07 18:51:43

Message withdrawn

newlifenewname Fri 10-Aug-07 18:51:56

I think if you can go for a light shirt rather than white might be better as white might do odd things on camera but if it will be head and shoulders shot then structure of shirt sounds good.

What necklaces/earrings have you?

Beetroot Fri 10-Aug-07 18:52:49

shoes not crocs

cod is right white wil wash you out

do you have a colour or a scarf

newlifenewname Fri 10-Aug-07 18:54:04

If you can get an appointment I'll help/watch kids for you so you can your hair done/go shopping. If you want that is.

callmeovercautious Fri 10-Aug-07 18:54:55

Good Luck! Will keep an eye out for you on Anglia.
I would go with the smart casual thing too - not too OTT but you don't want to look dishevelled

Have you got any plain black boots? A bit warm I know but they tend to go with jeans ok.

Best Wishes to you all
X

aloha Fri 10-Aug-07 18:56:17

White not recommended for tv, but it isn't end of world. I would wear dark coloured trousers or skirt, totally plain shoes (not crocs ideally) - coloured v-neck top. Don't worry at all about your hair and makeup if you are going into the main studio, someone will do it for you. If not, then make sure is it brushed and put on some mascara and lipstick. Jewellery is very distracting on TV. Keep it minimal or non-existent. You want people to listen to your v imp message! Good luck.

goingfor3 Fri 10-Aug-07 18:57:03

Are they comming to your house or doing it in a studio. If you are in a studio I'm sure they will be a bit of hair and make up for you.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 10-Aug-07 18:57:42

its a case of not being able to afford to get my hair done this week as well, it wasnt high on my list.

right can anyone find me a nice top in a size 20/22 from any of these shops that i might be able to tomorrow. must go with jeans (what about some sandles? can i get away with those?)

evans, dorethy perkins, tesco, asda, and i think marks and spencer.

LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 10-Aug-07 18:58:34

its being filmed in harefield hospital.

aloha Fri 10-Aug-07 18:59:13

Sandals absolutely fine. Choose a v neck, not too clingy top with sleeves in a deep colour. Think Fern Britton. Don't get too stressed about it. Are you going into the studio?

goingfor3 Fri 10-Aug-07 18:59:34

Monsson still have a sale on, I know it's not one of the shops you mentioned but if you can get there you can get a top for about £12.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now