Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Genie trousers??

(17 Posts)
Surfnicky Fri 10-Aug-07 16:26:01

I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant with twins and quite fancy a pair of those jersey-type genie trousers that people sometimes wear for yoga, etc. Sorry, I don't really know their name but they usually have an elasticated-ish waist and quite a low crotch...gosh, that makes them sound disgusting!!

I'm just tired of wearing 'fitted' trousers and wanted something a bit different from jogging bottoms...and that I might be able to use to grub around in after the babies are born.

Does anyone a) know what I mean and if so b) know anywhere that sells them?

Thanks in advance...

LaCerbiatta Fri 10-Aug-07 21:39:32

here and here. The cotton ones will probably look ugly after a few washes. I had 2 pairs of polyamide (I think) ones and wore them all the time when pregnant, they were so confortable, and loked great as well.

MrsBadger Fri 10-Aug-07 21:44:29

I know what you mean and they're not the ones tugamommy linked to, but I'm bugegred if I can find a pic, let alone a stockist.

Beauregard Fri 10-Aug-07 21:47:45

Are you sure?

MrsBadger Fri 10-Aug-07 21:49:57

these are what I pictured from your description - they're indian salwar trousers.

MrsBadger Fri 10-Aug-07 21:54:02

found 'em
not maternity though...

LaCerbiatta Sat 11-Aug-07 08:15:16

Oh I'm sorry! Mine are much nicer though!

Nbg Sat 11-Aug-07 08:17:48

The La Redoute ones are cool.

Harem pants they call them.
I've seen a pair by Nike too and they look good.

skirmish Sat 11-Aug-07 08:21:22

MC Hammer pants I call 'em!

^stop hammer time - do do do - can't touch this - do do do^

Nbg Sat 11-Aug-07 08:24:38

LOL Skirmy

"doo dooo dooo dooooo ner neerrrrr, cant touch this"

skirmish Sat 11-Aug-07 08:27:00

i'll be singing that all day now - might even do a bit of 'running man' around the lounge! - though, on second thoughts, might cause a small earthquake if i start jumping about!

Nbg Sat 11-Aug-07 08:29:26

Blimey!

Cant do running

skirmish Sat 11-Aug-07 08:32:31

lol @ running - think the last time i did that was at school! DH tried to make me run to make the pedestrian crossing the other day - i told him not to be so ridiculous!

Nbg Sat 11-Aug-07 08:36:20

pmsl
as if!

Crawl, roll, or watch yes.
Run noooooooooooo!

skirmish Sat 11-Aug-07 08:39:48

and as if i would run in public - oh the shame of it!

Nbg Sat 11-Aug-07 08:42:11

I'd be worried about black eyes now

Sorry surfnicky for hijacking your thread.

Surfnicky Sat 11-Aug-07 19:02:07

Thanks everyone - yes, it is the harem pants that I meant....I agree that they are a bit MC Hammer though!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: