Talk

Advanced search

Oversized jumpers - where do you get yours from?

(25 Posts)
whoseafraidofnaomiwolf Wed 11-Sep-19 18:02:37

Im a big fan of oversized jumpers, but my favourite ones are starting to look a little worn, stretched and even a bit bobbly in places. Even my utter, complete favourite (green, rollneck from Phase 8) is looking a little saggy. I've searched my usual fave places online (Toast/ Boden/ White co/ Phase 8 etc.etc). but to no avail. Where are you getting yours this winter?

Zinnia Wed 11-Sep-19 18:09:46

To be honest I usually just find a jumper I like and size up as necessary! Having said that, Uniqlo have a nice merino v neck they describe as "relaxed" or "oversized", have bought it in navy in a size up from my usual. Cos usually do good oversized as well though not looked this season as I don't need another jumper!
It's only September, there will be more knitwear coming out over the next few weeks.

BubblesBuddy Wed 11-Sep-19 18:15:36

Cos can do big jumpers. MansS have a lot of relaxed fit merino at the moment and other slouchy ones. I sometimes size up their cashmere too. Pure and Denner might have slouchy cashmere too.

moonpiggle Wed 11-Sep-19 18:16:06

M&S and charity shops.

Kenworthington Wed 11-Sep-19 18:18:43

H&M is GREAT for oversized knits

Onekidnoclue Wed 11-Sep-19 18:30:48

I’ve got a size 16 m&s merino jumper. Usually take a ten but 16 is lovely and slouchy. Uniqlo ones are great too

AnnaNimmity Wed 11-Sep-19 18:32:46

Other Stories often has lovely cashmere at a very reasonable price - I don't know if it does this year (yet)?

whoseafraidofnaomiwolf Wed 11-Sep-19 18:34:30

Thanks @ BubblesBuddy & Zinnia, I would never have thought of Cos - usually I consider them too scary and stark for me but I took a look and now have £200 plus of jumpers sitting in my basket (how am I gonna explain away that when we're supposed to be saving for a new kitchen?! grin ). I'd never heard of Pure or Denner, but oh my goodness they have some beauuuuutiful jumpers (& other stuff too), and I'd never have thought of Uniqulo either, but they have some nice looking jumpers which appear to be very good value. Oh my poor bank account ....

Zinnia Wed 11-Sep-19 18:44:24

Have fun @whoseafraidofnaomiwolf grin. Both Cos & Uniqlo quality is excellent for the price too (sorry!)

RezCowgirl Wed 11-Sep-19 19:18:53

The men's section.

ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA Wed 11-Sep-19 20:05:26

Reiss is also good, but second &Other Stories and Cos. I’ve spent a small fortune on their jumpers in the last few weeks and want to keep them all!

OneRingToRuleThemAll Wed 11-Sep-19 20:11:23

DD (age 11) has a thing for oversized clothes right now. She wears 6 foot 2 DH's t shirts and jumpers. They are massive on her.

halloumi2019 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:50:43

Zara

ChippyMinton Wed 11-Sep-19 21:12:55

M&S or Uniqlo menswear for cashmere and merino.

BoudicasBoudoir Wed 11-Sep-19 21:29:23

Uniqlo extra fine merino from the men’s section. Fine knit, so not too bulky.

AnnaNimmity Thu 12-Sep-19 06:52:06

@ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA I've resisted so far because I'm doing secondhandseptember (very badly) - but there's some lovely stuff in both Cos & other stories.

ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA Thu 12-Sep-19 11:27:02

Well done @AnnaNimmity, I really felt I should do no spend September, but failed massively! Maybe October....! Arket have just sent an email with a link to all their gorgeous knitwear too! My poor credit card!

Elllllle Thu 12-Sep-19 11:35:40

I find mens jumpers from uniqlo are terrible on me. Sleeves too long, shoulders too broad etc. I actuly like Hush for slouchy oversized knits. H&M are good but v synthetic.

AnnaNimmity Thu 12-Sep-19 12:23:25

I was in there on Sunday @ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA- but buying (really lovely) stuff for dd4 so that's ok isn't it?!

ItsLeviOsanotLeviosA Thu 12-Sep-19 13:21:19

That’s a very ok thing to do @AnnaNimmity! Wish my Mum still did things like that for me 😊

whoseafraidofnaomiwolf Thu 12-Sep-19 14:34:51

Thanks lovely MN-ers. I dropped nearly £500 last night on online orders (most will have to be returned - ordered double for best sizing, and I really only want two jumpers, but ordered about 6) - haven't yet broken it to husband who will be shock, but am very excited to get them and try them on. I bought from Cos and from M&S.

I love S&B - you lot always have the answers smile.
flowers star star star

Miseryisabutterfly Thu 12-Sep-19 20:06:03

I saw a lovely striped one on the Zara website today

Miseryisabutterfly Thu 12-Sep-19 20:06:37

Oh, I see you’re sorted 👍

mysteryfairy Sat 14-Sep-19 12:37:07

H &M premium have some which aren't synthetic

Honeycake50 Sat 14-Sep-19 13:42:32

Ooh let us know how you get on OP, this was on my list yesterday whilst shopping but I was not very successful. Will look at the places I didn’t try. Am determined to try the oversized belted jumper look over my summer maxi skirts this year before the weather really turns.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »