Talk

Advanced search

Has animal print gone out of fashion?

(31 Posts)
mummyrocks1 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:23:42

I just brought a tiger print skirt and thought about wearing it today but deciddd it's a bit OTT for the school run. But is animal print out now anyway? I haven't seen any of the other mums wearing it recently.

HasThisSoddingNameGoneToo Wed 11-Sep-19 13:27:04

I’m 48. 😱 Since I’ve been wearing clothes, animal print has always been in. Every year someone declares its back in, but it never goes out.

It’s all about how you wear it. I think a tiger-print skirt sounds gorgeous. I wouldn’t worry what the other mums have been wearing lately.

SleepyKat Wed 11-Sep-19 13:29:21

It seems to be gathering pace if anything. I’m not a fan and it’s everywhere. Tiger print less common than leopard print though which imo can only be a good thing.

mummyrocks1 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:29:48

Thanks. I think it looks cool too if you don't try and wear too much together. I just thought it might have gone out as there are many very stylish parents at my dcs school and I haven't seen them wearing it recently. I normally get many ideas from the super on trend ones. It's great.

Shitonthebloodything Wed 11-Sep-19 13:32:25

I've always worn it and always will

Ginmel Wed 11-Sep-19 13:33:34

I wish it would, forever.

sheshootssheimplores Wed 11-Sep-19 13:34:34

I don’t think it ever goes out. The key is not to go mad with it.

Lamentations Wed 11-Sep-19 15:10:23

Don't let what other people are wearing dictate what you wear. You are a grown woman who can make a decision about what you look nice in surely? I hope that doesn't sound mean.

smileannie Wed 11-Sep-19 23:50:56

It never goes out of fashion for me.

GibbonLover Thu 12-Sep-19 02:17:35

Agree with Lamentations 100%, wear what YOU want, not what other people are wearing. FWIW, I don't think animal print has ever gone 'out'.

SherbetSaucer Thu 12-Sep-19 02:58:12

I think it’s WAY out! Don’t think it looked good when in was in!

Jozen Thu 12-Sep-19 03:04:10

Agree with Lamentations.
I loved a leopard print jumper with fluro pink hem from M&S that got a big thumbs down on here. It looks bloody marvellous on me (I think) and I've had a lot of compliments on it but it wouldn't of bothered me if I hadn't.

moonpiggle Thu 12-Sep-19 07:53:54

No way is it dated! I love animal print and have quite a few clothing and shoes. Wear the skirt!

CeeceeBloomingdale Thu 12-Sep-19 07:59:04

It's a basic in my wardrobe, always in fashion!

palahvah Thu 12-Sep-19 08:05:19

Nope. I consider animal print to be a neutral.

evilharpy Thu 12-Sep-19 08:16:33

I love it and am still wearing it and have no plans to stop.

allthegoodusernameshavegone Thu 12-Sep-19 08:21:43

Never ever liked it on humans

Bobthefishermanswife Thu 12-Sep-19 08:25:17

Not a fan personally, I feel a bit Pat Butcherish in it. But I'm not sure it's something that's ever not in fashion, you'll always find it somewhere even if it's just a shoe or a bag.

ermwhatda Thu 12-Sep-19 21:31:00

I feel that people are less 'trend-led' now, and buying the clothes they like because they like them rather than all rushing out to buy yellow because 'that's what's in', this season (even if it looks horrendous on most people).

Leopard is a neutral: I agree!

Animal print never goes out of style... It always looks cool.

MsMightyTitanAndHerTroubadours Thu 12-Sep-19 21:37:41

where did you get your tiger print skirt from? I like the sound of it!

As above, people are always saying animal print is over, but it never is.

HundredMilesAnHour Thu 12-Sep-19 21:51:10

I think animal print is no longer ubiquitous, which is a good thing as it was getting very boring. I think it was a combination of people just blindly following fashion but they had no real clue what to wear otherwise and the high street shops all churning out the same stuff giving people restricted choice. You know when M&S starts selling animal print jumpers that the trend is long dead.

But that's good as now a carefully curated outfit with a smattering of animal print can look stylish again, rather than looking like one of the high street shopping clueless sheep.

halloumi2019 Thu 12-Sep-19 21:52:50

In my opinion animal prints had a bit of a resurgence last year but the hype has definitely died down now. Animal prints aren’t out of fashion per se, it’s just not that trendy anymore. Last year there was everything from snake print to tiger print in stores, with items in every possible category.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Thu 12-Sep-19 21:55:16

Definitely a neutral. I am excited to bring my leopard faux fur coat out soon. I think the trick is to wear it with other more low-key things, but tbh I am not adverse to channeling Pat Butcher anyway.

Fluffiest Thu 12-Sep-19 22:00:23

I really don't like animal print. Always reminds me of Spice Girls.

BUT it is always pleasing to the eye when people wear what they love and feel good in. Even if I wouldn't choose their outfit in a million years, it's still cool to see someone else wear it.

pepperup Thu 12-Sep-19 22:24:49

Trilogy in chelsea had a full window display of animal print today. I think it’s here for a while yet!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »