Talk

Advanced search

Which high street shampoo/conditioner for glossy hair?

(4 Posts)
mummyrocks1 Wed 11-Sep-19 13:22:00

Is it possible to find a good quality shampoo/conditioner which is good for your hair at the supermarket? Or do I have to spend £££s

Currently using elvine which leaves my hair knotted even after conditioning and have used Pantene in the past which my hairdresser said was terrible for my hair.

I hand fine hair and lots of it so it's fly away and looks lank. It's highlighted so something that's good for that too. Any recommendations please?

Liefster Wed 11-Sep-19 13:55:11

How much do you want to spend? I really like Tigi Urban Antidotes and Amazon have a shampoo and conditioner set for £17. It sounds a lot BUT the bottles are huge (750ml each) so they last for ages. I have very thick, long hair but they do different ones depending on hair type I think.

Aussie is nice too but quite pricey for the sizes you get, hence why I switched to Tigi as I was spending about £10-12 on that each time anyway. It's great that the Tigi shampoo and conditioner are the same sizes too as usually the conditioner is smaller (I've never understood that!)

MiniMileyMoo Thu 12-Sep-19 20:13:30

I have recently bought some L'Oréal Extraordinary Oil and I use it after my usual shampoo and conditioner (pink or clay elvive) - seems to work on wet or dried hair - helps calm it down and with glossyness! Bought it after seeing lots of great reviews.

mummyrocks1 Fri 13-Sep-19 09:08:49

Thanks. Will try both. I am not keen on Aussie. Found it made my hair sticky.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »