Talk

Advanced search

Sudden skin pores/texture - help!

(6 Posts)
halloumi2019 Tue 10-Sep-19 17:10:27

I usually have good skin, but something seems to have happened over the past month and I’m not sure what...

My nose looks awful, it‘s like I have a small cluster of actual spots on my bridge but it’s just enlarged pores/my skin texture! My nose sort of resembles a strawberry with all the little dots and some of these are raised. I have tiny spots around my nostrils now too. Any tips on getting rid of this quickly?

My face in general seems to have visible texture, when I never used to have this problem before (my skin leans towards being dry and not blemish prone). I always wash my makeup off, I use Kiehl’s cleansing oil and follow up with their ultra facial oil free cleanser. I also have other exfoliating cleansers and face masks that i cycle throughout the week but it’s not enough to clear my skin! Any advice appreciated

UserThenLotsOfNumbers Wed 11-Sep-19 17:56:50

No advice sadly, but my skin is just the same so following with interest.

JMAngel1 Wed 11-Sep-19 19:51:49

Could it be rosacea? If so, ask your GP for Soolantra cream.

halloumi2019 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:22:06

Looks like this (not me lol) with some raised bumps! It’s not rosacea.

So last night I went a bit nuclearblush ended up opening as many pores up with a sterilised needle then threw a blister plaster on overnight in the hopes that it would suck all the gunk out! I used an exfoliating cleanser this morning then my normal skincare routine.

So I can still see the pores but the texture has gone, my skin looks smooth and normal under makeup. Going to try my hardest to stop the pores from building up again.

smileannie Wed 11-Sep-19 23:48:19

From the photo you have posted I would say they are sebaceous filaments. Dr Dray has a good informative vlog on YouTube.

halloumi2019 Thu 12-Sep-19 12:53:39

Some of the sebaceous filament vids on YouTube are interesting but pretty gross! Luckily my nose isn’t that extreme, think I just have standard oily skin pores.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »