Talk

Advanced search

Fedora

(18 Posts)
Catmar Mon 09-Sep-19 19:36:18

I've just bought myself a black fedora to wear this autumn/winter. I like it and think it suits me and my style but DP is shaking his head and rolling his eyes. He says he "can't imagine when you think you're going to wear it" which of course makes me think that I never will. Does anyone else's DP/DH totally kill their confidence when it comes to clothing choices.

Ellapaella Tue 10-Sep-19 18:21:05

A Fedora is a fashion staple! A beautiful addition to any outfit. Don't listen to him, if you like it you wear it!

Redshoeblueshoe Tue 10-Sep-19 18:25:45

I love mine

Idontneeditatall Tue 10-Sep-19 18:27:33

Ah I would love to wear one of these in the autumn or winter but I don’t have the confidence! I love a straw one in the summer though but I always feel I daring wear a hat in the winter apart from one obviously for warmth like a woolly hat.
You should defo wear it and love it

ZaraW Tue 10-Sep-19 18:35:24

If you can wear it confidently and you say it suits you then definitely wear it.

BillywilliamV Tue 10-Sep-19 18:40:07

I thought this was a baby name thread, I was going to suggest Trilbysmile

silenceofthemams Tue 10-Sep-19 18:44:55

Where did you buy it OP? I had a grey felt one from Zara, but it got wet and misshapen drying out forgotten in the car boot. 😳

I was thinking of a black one this year....

LuluBellaBlue Tue 10-Sep-19 18:48:33

Any suggestions on a good one? I seem to have a large head so struggle to find large enough ones 😂

BoswellsBollocks Tue 10-Sep-19 18:52:15

I thought you’d all gone bonkers until I realised I was thinking of a fez 😂

circleorsquare Tue 10-Sep-19 19:05:03

@BoswellsBollocks me too grin

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Tue 10-Sep-19 19:16:38

I've got a beautiful one from Whistles. I don't wear it very often but do love it, although I probably look utterly bonkers in it. I struggle to know what coat to wear it with, other than a leather jacket.

Catmar Tue 10-Sep-19 20:11:31

Thanks for the positive comments. I know I shouldn't let him knock my confidence, but I can't help it. I will definitely be wearing it, I'm determined to. grin
I got it from ebay @silenceofthemams - not second hand, from a trader.
A few of the traders have them in different sizes @LuluBellaBlue. They all say they are men's hats, but don't let that put you offwink

Greenvalleymama Tue 10-Sep-19 20:33:17

I love my fedora, how can it be wrong when it looks so right?? My advice is to keep the rest of the outfit fairly simple.
https://www.fancyfedora.com/blogs/news/women-s-style-guide-10-ways-to-rock-a-fedora

user764329056 Wed 11-Sep-19 01:26:54

Boswell, bloody hilarious 🤣

BoswellsBollocks Wed 11-Sep-19 15:46:40

It could work...

Catmar Wed 11-Sep-19 21:24:37

Dammit, @BoswellsBollocks I wish I'd got one of those nowgrin

Squiz81 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:38:53

Ha I got one a couple of years back, one day I said to dh "do you think it's cold enough for me to need to wear this hat?" He took one look and said "it will never be cold enough for to need you to wear that hatgrin

It did put me off it and I ended up giving it to a friend. I think I may have already felt unsure though, hence asking him in the first place! I think they can look great though

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Wed 11-Sep-19 22:31:34

Speaking of fezes (Is that the correct plural form????!) I saw Tommy Cooper's fez in the Wellcome Collection a few weeks ago. I think it would be very difficult get away with on a trip around Waitrose, or indeed, anywhere.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »