Talk

Advanced search

Joules

(95 Posts)
theresamaysnecklace Sun 08-Sep-19 15:14:14

What do we think if joules? Who buys it?

cosycableknit Sun 08-Sep-19 15:20:17

I love Joules, especially their coats, wellies and knitwear 🙂🧣

BarrenFieldofFucks Sun 08-Sep-19 19:55:04

Like most places, some nice stuff, some not so nice. 🤷

Soontobe60 Sun 08-Sep-19 19:59:57

I've just bought a yellow waterproof jacket from them. It's fab!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 08-Sep-19 20:03:30

I've got one of their yellow raincoats and love it, even though I look like I've escaped from Fraggle Rock in it.

I also like their scarves.

Don't like much else from them though, especially now their fabrics are getting worse and worse. They used to do nice cotton summer dresses, but not seen any for ages.

Span1elsRock Sun 08-Sep-19 20:08:00

I've got loads of jackets and scarves from there but find the cotton stuff is crap - fades badly and just looks cheap after washing.

All a bit style over substance, tbh. I find Seasalt the same. Sick of buying nice tunics and then putting them in the charity bag within 3 months of wear.

JoJoSM2 Sun 08-Sep-19 20:08:02

I find their stuff very high quality and durable. I like to get things for walks in the park/coutryside there.

TheRLodger Sun 08-Sep-19 20:10:56

Only shop in the sales really but I have a pair of jeans that really suit me and I brought a top from there yesterday. They had lots of things which I would wear and could have brought the entire shop if had the funds or already had something similar

Doyouthinktheysaurus Sun 08-Sep-19 20:13:13

I am not in the least bit stylish but they do some nice patterned shirts that I wear with colored skinny jeans and boots or trainers. Wore one with bees on yesterday.

As I say, not stylish but I like them....

cornstarch Sun 08-Sep-19 20:14:11

I've got some stripey long sleeve Breton tops. The sleeves are very tight.

keepingbees Sun 08-Sep-19 20:16:35

I like their stuff, although it's very much the mum-uniform (for want of a better way of putting it) at my DC's school.
I like their scarves and have a few of their tops but I'm tall and find the tops a bit too short and wide.
Ive found some of their eBay outlet items to be poor quality too.

homertonb Sun 08-Sep-19 20:35:41

A lot of it looks frumpy and/or poor quality to me

AlexaAmbidextra Sun 08-Sep-19 20:49:33

There’s just too much of it about. In places like north Norfolk/Southwold it’s like a fucking uniform. All these women running round in the striped tops with flowers on.

GeorginaPilot Sun 08-Sep-19 20:51:09

School run staples. Love them.

Forgivable Sun 08-Sep-19 20:55:12

Yeah it's definitely a mum uniform and so I have been completely turned off the stripes and bloody flowers. I actually buy their T-shirt's but they are the plainer ones...ones that don't scream "I'm from joules". They wash pretty well. I get them from the official joules eBay site though so tend to pay under £10 a T-shirt. They certainly aren't worth full price. Coats can be nice too.

Tigerwhocamefortea Sun 08-Sep-19 20:56:59

Love it until I wash it. And then it shrinks. They also don’t make the sleeves long enough in most of their tops.

The kids stuff I really love.

Powerplant Sun 08-Sep-19 20:59:17

I bought a lovely summery dress in their sale and will be heading back.

WhoKnewBeefStew Sun 08-Sep-19 21:00:38

I love their wellies and footwear.

inwood Sun 08-Sep-19 21:02:23

I loved it ten years ago. Wouldn't shop there now.

BarrenFieldofFucks Sun 08-Sep-19 21:03:20

It used to be quite good quality, not so much now. Wellies pretty crap. Seasalt very good quality in my experience, and much plainer

TheFairyCaravan Sun 08-Sep-19 21:03:48

I love my yellow waterproof jacket. I don't care that most women round here seem to have it in one colour or another. I've, also, got a black puffa type, duvet coat for the Winter, that I got in the sale, and a pack a Mac I keep in the car just in case.

I've just sent back a skirt I bought because I didn't think it was worth £60 tbh

RogueV Sun 08-Sep-19 21:03:49

Very good quality, washes well and super cute kids clothes too

BikeRunSki Sun 08-Sep-19 21:04:16

I like the winter weight Breton tops. Their blazers fit my proportions (long back) really well. I don’t buy anything else from them; their shirts are too short, their trousers too skinny, their footwear too small and their skirts are minuscule!

Anotherdayanothernight Sun 08-Sep-19 21:16:01

Mostly frumpy

ZiggyB Sun 08-Sep-19 21:23:14

I don’t shop there for me but I just bought DD a winter school coat 30% off from their eBay outlet to replace her old one which lasted 2 years and still looks new.

Shame she’s grown out of it but I’m happy to buy another as it’s been such a good buy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »