Talk

Advanced search

Are Boohoo clothes tiny?

(21 Posts)
VLCDoingIt Sun 25-Aug-19 16:53:44

Ordered myself some cheap holiday bits in the size I aim to be next year then had the realisation that they could run small😕

100timewforgotten Sun 25-Aug-19 16:54:32

Everything that I've ever ordered from boohoo was spot on size wise. Not the greatest material sometimes though.

basicwitches Sun 25-Aug-19 16:56:22

Good for size but agree with PP, not the best material! My maternity trousers lasted 2 weeks in work before the band snapped and the stitching on my calf split!

VLCDoingIt Sun 25-Aug-19 17:02:56

Phew!

I'm not bothered about quality. They were all around 4 to 6 quid each and I only need them to last 10 days (I would never wear them at home)

ChaosInTheMugCupboard Sun 25-Aug-19 17:07:25

www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/e427327e-5892-11e8-b8b2-d6ceb45fa9d0

Please don't buy from boohoo. They treat people like shit.

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Sun 25-Aug-19 17:25:28

I have found their sizes a bit all over the place. Some fit fine. Others are huge or tiny. Hopefully you'll have some luck

VLCDoingIt Sun 25-Aug-19 17:27:35

Chaos unfortunately I am on disability benefits and I have to get clothes as cheaply as possible. I usually shop at charity shops when possible but there's been nothing suitable in lately.

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 25-Aug-19 17:30:33

Boohoo is hit and miss with sizing and quality I find, ditto Shein.
I order from both but know I may have to send back.

velocitygirl7 Sun 25-Aug-19 17:35:14

You're buying clothes that you only intend to wear for 10 days?
There really is no hope for the planet sad

VLCDoingIt Sun 25-Aug-19 17:46:31

Velocity they are for holiday.

Surely no one in Britain buys swimwear, sarongs, beach cover ups to wear in the middle of Birmingham etc hmm

VLCDoingIt Sun 25-Aug-19 17:47:27

And I will save them for my next holiday if they last or donate them to charity.

I also make suitable old clothes into hammocks for a local small animal rescue. biscuit

velocitygirl7 Sun 25-Aug-19 18:05:44

That's good to hear! From your post it sounded as though you were getting rid of them after your holiday.

LoonyLunaLoo Sun 25-Aug-19 18:10:54

I’ve found them very all over the place. Tops have been fine but I’ve had some short dungarees that were maaaaaaaassive and long dungarees where the seam ripped as I tried to put them on 🙈 (all size 8).

Miseryisabutterfly Mon 26-Aug-19 08:51:13

@ChaosInTheMugCupboard you have to be subscribed to read that article. I’m very interested to know what they’ve done though?

Fast fashion is horrible. I can’t imagine buying something to last such a short time. The planet really is f*cked.

Op, I understand that you are on disability benefits and it is nice that you make slings for animals, but surely there are other options?

Miseryisabutterfly Mon 26-Aug-19 09:16:06

www.theguardian.com/fashion/2019/aug/25/clothing-brand-hush-sees-rapid-growth-in-backlash-against-fast-fashion?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1566741758

Have just read this lovely article about Hush, in contrast. They’ve not been on my radar at all but will be now.

BanjoStarz Mon 26-Aug-19 09:18:43

It sounds like the OP is doing a lot (more than most) to mitigate the impact of fast fashion.

Someone has to buy the clothes new so they’re in the charity shops for other people to buy.

Re-purposing clothes that probably aren’t high enough quality to donate is fantastic.

No one saving the environment on their own, we should all just do our best.

Maybe we should all lay off the OP?

OP on the actual topic, boohoo is very hit and miss like PP have said.

cccameron Mon 26-Aug-19 10:34:39

Sizing is terrible. Either way too small or absolutely huge. Purely by luck I ended up with a couple of nice dresses this summer but alot was sent back due to the sizing.

YesQueen Mon 26-Aug-19 15:13:17

Fairly true to size on me

JenniR29 Mon 26-Aug-19 15:18:02

I’ve always found the sizing accurate but the quality isn’t great.

JMAngel1 Mon 26-Aug-19 20:29:46

I love Boohoo and have clothes from there in my wardrobe for years - great for staples - petite sizing which I like.

MissPepper8 Mon 26-Aug-19 21:01:24

Usually come up too big on me so I order the size below.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »