Talk

Advanced search

Sun damage / sun spots

(5 Posts)
The2Ateam Sun 25-Aug-19 14:35:18

I have some sun damage on my cheeks, sort of like moles but not if that makes any sense?!

Is there anything I can do to get rid or to
Improve their appearance? I’m
Tired of concealing them! Thanks.

Richlyfruited Sun 25-Aug-19 14:51:28

Is it Melasma? www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk/melasma

I get this too and have done ever since pregnancy. I always use at least factor 30 on my face now and it helps. Otherwise some suggested treatments in the link. I haven't tried anything for it myself e.g chemical peel but would be interested to see if anyone here has found this effective?

The2Ateam Sun 25-Aug-19 18:52:21

Hi, no it’s more like the type that are age spots. I have had Melasma before when I was younger. It was caused by my pill at the time and disappeared when I stopped taking it.

Delatron Sun 25-Aug-19 21:28:27

Lasers are good for sun damage but expensive.
Retin-A can also help but research and build up slowly.

I’m guessing you wear spf 50 every day to prevent further damage?

DocMarteens Sun 25-Aug-19 21:33:51

As a previous poster said, prevent it from getting worse by using physical protection sunscreen every day - check out heliocare, Neostrata or AlumierMD for popular formulations.

Then go and see someone who can give you chemical peels and homecare products. You can definitely improve them but it'll take patience and commitment.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »