Talk

Advanced search

Best product to stop waves turning to frizz?

(8 Posts)
poorremus Sun 25-Aug-19 08:56:21

Hi all - have started putting my hair up in a bun at night wet from the shower. In the morning I have quite nice waves but my hair isn't quite dry (thick hair). I would like to keep the waves but think I need something to help them stay defined. I don't particularly like any kind of wet look though.

Would appreciate any recommendationssmile

AgeBeforeBeauty Sun 25-Aug-19 13:34:33

For DD's hair, I use a little argan oil to keep the frizz away - only a bit though, and not near the roots, otherwise it just looks greasy.

poorremus Sun 25-Aug-19 17:54:19

Thank you @AgeBeforeBeauty

WillowySnicket Sun 25-Aug-19 18:18:09

To avoid the wet look, google "scrunch out the crunch". RevoLUTIONARY.

Use a curl custard or cream (I use boots curl creme) on freshly washed wet hair. Scrunch it in upside down.

The next day, scrunch scrunch scrunch (but don't muss) out the crunchiness. Tadaaaah! Soft, long lasting, frizz free hair!

DenbyGirl Sun 25-Aug-19 18:33:49

This

https://www.cantubeauty.com/products/?hair-type=curly

Has revolutionised my hair. I have curls not frizz. And the next day either freshen with a little spritz of water and rescrunch or use the next-day refreshing spray.

DenbyGirl Sun 25-Aug-19 18:35:45

Sorry that link went to home page of Cantu. The specific product me and dd both use is Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream.

BearFoxBear Sun 25-Aug-19 20:41:07

I do the same thing and use R&B from Lush - it smooths and conditions my hair. One of the few things I buy repeatedly.

poorremus Sun 25-Aug-19 22:41:43

Fab - thanks all!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »