Talk

Advanced search

Can anybody recommend a good BB cream?

(19 Posts)
ohflowerofscotland Mon 12-Aug-19 23:08:25

I only wear full make up if I'm going out somewhere special. But I really want something that will cover me from day to day without being too heavy.

I have the most terrible eye bags and I need something to cover them. I have used a BB cream before but honestly it was so terrible that I didn't use it again (can't remember which one it was, think it was Rimmel?)

Does anybody have a good recommendation?

Curlypop Tue 13-Aug-19 02:51:29

It cosmetics is so good.
As is olay one. The one with a 7 on the front with a pump.

Wincarnis Tue 13-Aug-19 04:22:04

Shiseido Sport BB

DefinatelyAWeeGobshite Tue 13-Aug-19 10:23:55

Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser or BareMinerals complexion rescue were my two favourites for minimal days until now, I’ve discovered the Maybelline fit me matte and poreless foundation and it’s the only one I’m using now, beats all my other higher end foundations! I tend to wear natural looking/minimal makeup and I find this makes my skin look even but doesn’t look like I have foundation on.

JinglingHellsBells Tue 13-Aug-19 10:28:34

My honest opinion and not one you asked for (!) is that BB creams are a waste of space and a once upon a time marketing ploy. I've tried one (Bobbi Brown) and it had more coverage than some foundations, yet a limited colour range.

I think their downside is your have few options to get the right colour, they are meant to be a product where you can skip your moisturiser, but for me they don't fill that gap.

If you want light coverage, imo, you'd be better off finding a good light cover foundation or a tinted moisturiser.

Depending on your budget, you could try Nars, Bobbi Brown, Clinique and Laura Mercier. Boots No 7 has some good light foundations- Intelligent Cover and Hydraluminate are both light.

JinglingHellsBells Tue 13-Aug-19 10:29:43

and a BB cream won't cover eye bags at all. You need a good under eye concealer. Can you get to a store for a make over at one of the above mentioned brands?

banivani Tue 13-Aug-19 11:20:18

Missha M Signature Real Complete BB Cream. Stupid name, but gives fairly good coverage (my skin but better). Can be thought of as a little too "dewy" I suppose.

I've also used the Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream, which is a little little cheaper but I don't like the palest shade of that one as much and it's a tad more make-upey.

I don't know if any bb cream will cover eye bags but Missha's are more towards foundation anyway. Western bb creams are more like old-fashioned bronzers I find - colour but no coverage I mean, they won't make you look tan necessarily.

mammmamia Wed 14-Aug-19 09:21:04

I use the Garnier one and I really like it. I use my usual moisturiser and this on top and it makes a big difference to my skin. Works well for me, I look really pale without it. You’re not going to get under eye coverage with one of these though!

Madamfrog Wed 14-Aug-19 11:11:53

Erborian are good, they do several different types.

Branleuse Wed 14-Aug-19 11:16:26

Id use a good moisturiser and a decent concealer for eyebags if theyre bothering you.
Ive never tried a bb cream or cc cream that i could see the point of. If you're applying it to your face to hide "flaws" then just use a light foundation.

doodleygirl Wed 14-Aug-19 11:17:48

BB cream is my current mission smile

For years I have used the Estee Lauder BB cream in shade 1.5 and for no apparent reason they have stopped supplying it.angry. Over the last few weeks I have tried lots of different brands but they just dont match up. The Estee Lauder one was brilliant as it had different shades and slightly heavier coverage than a tinted moisturiser.

Yesterday I got a sample of the Clarins BB cream in shade 02 which I have on today and it is lovely, good cover, dewy and so far is lasting well. My one last try is going to be the Bourjois healthy mix BB cream as I believe it comes in different shades. I will report back.

birdybirdbird Wed 14-Aug-19 11:46:54

I came on here to see if there were any suggestions to replace my beloved discontinued Estée Lauder BB cream. It was so good for my skin and high SPF. I might try some of your suggestions @doodleygirl as the Bobbi Brown one (which I bought for the similar SPF) isn’t great.

Twiggywinkle13 Wed 14-Aug-19 11:52:08

I have really bad under eye bags and I have found the NYX undereye brightener to be much better than concealer or tinted moisturiser at covering. You can always put it on top of bb cream to cover if you wanted too.

StinkEye Wed 14-Aug-19 11:52:41

Over the course of many years, safe to say i've tried literally 10-15 BB creams - this is my current fave, for my 41 year old skin: L'Oreal, mattifies, evens, feels great, not too covered, hdes redness, truly loving it: www.superdrug.com/L%27Oreal-Paris/L%27Oreal-Paris-BB-Cream-Light-2/p/775821?gclid=Cj0KCQjw4s7qBRCzARIsAImcAxaJb6A6wQLsj-hoB5dlZ4xHs0TLnkr7tTilaB__-TWhGJ8HD5Kp7pcaAlIdEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

ohflowerofscotland Wed 14-Aug-19 17:13:37

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

orangeshoebox Wed 14-Aug-19 17:16:39

I like the body shop one.
it's not as oompaloompa as some others.
I still need to use moisturiser in addition.

Onwardsagain Wed 14-Aug-19 17:35:39

I love the Bobbi Brown BB cream, I use it with just a light powder on my T-zone to control shine.

applepieicecream Wed 14-Aug-19 20:53:03

www.cultbeauty.co.uk/it-cosmetics-your-skin-but-better-cc-cream-with-spf-50.html

This is amazing, literally life changing

XXcstatic Fri 23-Aug-19 13:35:16

Another vote for the IT cosmetics CC cream. Amazing staying power and looks very natural, as long as you apply it sparingly.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »