Talk

Advanced search

Autumn wardrobes.... what are we thinking of?

(798 Posts)
pinkflamingo22 Thu 08-Aug-19 20:58:12

I look forward to September and the change in weather move to autumny clothes.... I don't know why but I really, really fancy some super leather cowboy boots... plus pinafore dresses smile

happytobemrsg Sun 03-Nov-19 22:41:53

Ah brilliant @Miseryisabutterfly! My mum has ordered it too! Where did you get your khaki leggings from??

anikaj Sun 03-Nov-19 11:05:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Miseryisabutterfly Sun 03-Nov-19 10:24:41

I also bought some khaki faux leather leggings. Now I need to stop until summer!

Miseryisabutterfly Sun 03-Nov-19 10:23:37

I have bought the Pringle jumper after seeing you in it @happytobemrsg! H&M owe you a commission 😂

LuxuryWoman2018 Sat 02-Nov-19 19:57:48

That’s lovely happytobemrsg I’m still looking for boots and waiting for the sales.

Getting great use out of my trench in this weather, it was such a good buy but I need a warm coat now I think, I quite like the M&S duvet coat.

I’m not buying much more because I just rediscovered some lovely things in my ‘other’ wardrobe (basically things I don’t wear often but love, dressier clothes I guess’. But most of all, sod it, I want a onesie, I really feel the cold and can hardly bear to go out in it.

happytobemrsg Sat 02-Nov-19 19:11:53

I thought this jumper deserved a special mention. It’s Pringle x H&M & is so warm & comfy. Love it. £20. I wore it the day after I bought it!

Moominfan Wed 30-Oct-19 20:23:22

Thank you miseryisabutterly! Great minds think alike x

Miseryisabutterfly Wed 30-Oct-19 20:13:02

I recently bought this mango skirt and yours reminds me of it

Miseryisabutterfly Wed 30-Oct-19 20:11:50

They are gorgeous @Moominfan!

Moominfan Wed 30-Oct-19 20:09:31

Wool skirt and cashmere jumper. Both bought from church jumble sale

Miseryisabutterfly Wed 30-Oct-19 19:59:47

Bought a new jumper today and had to show it off!

@happytobemrsg you look fab in the skirts!

happytobemrsg Thu 24-Oct-19 14:20:28

This is the first year I’ve shopped at New Look LuxuryWoman2018! I follow Styled By Susie & she always finds gems there & I must say I’m pretty impressed. I ordered a coat, 2 jumpers & a shirt & I didn’t send anything back 😳

LuxuryWoman2018 Thu 24-Oct-19 12:05:29

Oh I love that coat happytobemrsg Great colour. I rarely look at New Look apart from summer sandals, I should take a closer look.

happytobemrsg Thu 24-Oct-19 11:39:17

I had a bit of a spending spree at New Look with the 20% off.

So it looks like I’m keeping both sequin skirts. I’ve bought 2 lovely batwing jumpers to wear with the black one (burgundy & khaki). The khaki jumper looks fab with the rose gold skirt as well (any excuse for me to wear green). They are actually the perfect jumpers for tucking in. I’m very pleased with them & they only cost me £10!

I’ve also finally settled on a coat for when I don’t want to wear my big Barbour puffa - this khaki one from New Look. It’s a bit big but I think that’s the style, & I ordered my regular size, so I’ll embrace it. It’ll look lovely with my classic check Burberry scarf.

I also bought this red leopard print shirt. It looks amazing with coated leggings or black high waisted jeans, but also thinking that if I were to go back to work I could wear it with high waisted black trousers & longline cardi

happytobemrsg Sat 19-Oct-19 14:41:43

Ive ordered this jumper to try with the gold skirt (the skirt does look better IRL) to see if it works. I’m thinking cream jumper, gold skirt, leopard print belt & my tan Chelsea boots. If it really doesn’t work I’ll send it back

happytobemrsg Sat 19-Oct-19 14:17:16

Thanks darren!

Do you think I could chuck on thick black tights with the black one? So I can get more wear out of it??

imclaustrophobicdarren Sat 19-Oct-19 13:56:37

Loveeeee the second! The first is ok but doesn't work quite as well as the second I think.

happytobemrsg Sat 19-Oct-19 13:54:48

Thanks Ella! I’m also leaning towards the black one... I tried it on with a crew neck which didn’t look quite right. I want to try it on with our H&M t-shirt but didn’t have the time

Ellapaella Sat 19-Oct-19 13:40:40

You don't look crazy! You look great. I prefer the second skirt, I think it would look fantastic with a black polo neck jumper.
You could dress it up with heels for a night out, dress down with trainers but also the boots look good.

happytobemrsg Sat 19-Oct-19 13:35:28

Ladies what do you think??? Do I look crazy?

SummerSummerShine Sat 19-Oct-19 07:34:38

Thanks @imclaustrophobicdarren and @Judystilldreamsofhorses

Hmm, I think the issue is the length. It's longer than my wool coats which I'm not sure about, but the only shorter jackets I have which are warm are a leather jacket or puffa type jacket. I don't really want to buy anything new so I think I'll have a trying on session later and if nothing looks right I'll have a little look on eBay smile

I'm LOVING the sequin skirts!

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sat 19-Oct-19 01:04:47

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H-M-Sequin-gold-bronze-black-pencil-skirt-EXCELLENT-CONDITION-Size-EURXS-UK6-8/264294025823?hash=item3d8926ca5f:g:KCUAAOSw7D9cvdDf

This is mine, happy so they obviously pop up on eBay! I’m a 10, sometimes a 12 bottom, and mine is M, but S would have been better.

happytobemrsg Fri 18-Oct-19 22:56:15

I’ve sort of taken your advice Judy. I’ve ordered these two much cheaper skirts from Next which are arriving tomorrow. I’ll let you know how I get on! I wish I could be that person who wears sequins to the supermarket grin I’m a 10/12 & they only had 10s so I’ll have to skip a few meals if I decide to keep them.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Fri 18-Oct-19 21:42:33

happy I have worn mine on Christmas Day for the last two years. The first time with a black crew-neck jumper, opaque tights, trainers, and last year the same with a black cashmere polo-neck. My work doesn’t have a Christmas do, and we are either here or at MIL’s on Christmas Day. I wore it to work on the last day of term too - my students were very complimentary! Have a look on eBay for a cheaper version, maybe? I think I paid about £10, so I don’t feel compelled to get lots of wears from it.

summer what about faux fur? Definitely not double leather. I have two leather skirts and my options are denim jacket for early autumn/spring, various faux fur jackets/coats, knee-length parka, or a dark blue boiled wool coat, which is mid-calf. Mine are above the knee, so possibly a bit easier to manage.

happytobemrsg Fri 18-Oct-19 20:57:14

God I wish I was brave enough @Judystilldreamsofhorses!!! I don’t do anything fancy over Christmas & I’m not working at the moment so no Christmas party either. I just have no idea how to dress it casually & not look crazy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »