Talk

Advanced search

Autumn wardrobes.... what are we thinking of?

(798 Posts)
pinkflamingo22 Thu 08-Aug-19 20:58:12

I look forward to September and the change in weather move to autumny clothes.... I don't know why but I really, really fancy some super leather cowboy boots... plus pinafore dresses smile

DeniseRoyal Thu 08-Aug-19 21:00:31

I've always fancied a good pair of cowboy boots. But I may go for a tough pair of chelsea boots that can cope with the extreme weather conditions in Scotland. And yes to pinafore dresses and stripy tops in lovely autumnal colours 😊

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Thu 08-Aug-19 21:01:34

So far I've bought a flouncy red dress, a checked pencil skirt and a couple of black jackets for work.

For 'play' I want some sort of flouncy skirt, a new leather biker and a couple of turtle necks, or just thin black jumpers.

pinkflamingo22 Thu 08-Aug-19 21:28:45

All sounds lovely, I want all of it!

Anois Thu 08-Aug-19 21:38:59

I want some nice dresses to wear with tights.

zippyswife Thu 08-Aug-19 21:39:44

Remus where’s your flouncy red dress from. I’m looking for something similar

EnidButton Thu 08-Aug-19 21:43:27

I still need a leather jacket but might just get a faux one from Warehouse or Oasis whilst I look for The One. All Saints ones are too bulky and heavy.

I think I'd like to try midi or maxi dresses with boots.

Also considering getting my hair coloured a coppery red instead of my usual ashy/French mid brown. Needs a really good cut either way.

blodynmawr Thu 08-Aug-19 21:43:36

Lots of the Boden catalogue that arrived yesterday.... Haven't fancied anything there for yonks but this season looks promising...
Clarks ankle boots or brogues but may splurge on a pair of each!
Will report back with links once I've purchased smile

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Thu 08-Aug-19 21:45:03

Zippy - It's this one from the Jigsaw sale.

I quite like the look of this French Connection jersey one

And this midi in the Hush sale

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Thu 08-Aug-19 21:45:50

Enid - the Oasis leather ones are really good. I didn't get on with faux - either too hot or too cold.

Pigeon31 Thu 08-Aug-19 22:32:43

I want a cord jacket - reliving my youth. And a midi length shirt/wrap dress with a flowing skirt to wear with boots.

MissClareRemembers Thu 08-Aug-19 23:38:53

So far I’ve bought this;

www.next.co.uk/g232s4#541809

These;

www.whitestuff.com/accessories-and-shoes/womens-shoes/navy-juliet-leather-trainer/

And will re-wear this;

uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_13.32/5450130108

In an ideal world, I’d bloody love this;

www.anthropologie.com/en-gb/shop/davida-textured-maxi-skirt?category=skirts&color=052&type=

I’m planning to buy this to go with my burgundy midi pleated skirt. Worn with dark grey trainers and black biker jacket or checked car coat;

www.oliverbonas.com/fashion/contact-pink-v-neck-jumper-239764

I’m also after some black or grey suede slouch boots, knee length with 70s stacked heel.

PickAChew Thu 08-Aug-19 23:41:45

I'm thinking of just wearing what I normally wear, just weather appropriate. Face it, UK autumn clothing is most of the year clothing. We wear a bit less for the few months it's actually hot and a bit more for the few weeks it's proper cold.

EnidButton Fri 09-Aug-19 00:29:38

Thanks Remus. Hopefully they'll have a couple to choose from. I think I remember you saying they were good. I've been looking for ages so definitely getting one this year.

Judystilldreamsofhorses Fri 09-Aug-19 01:27:42

SO excited for autumn! I was in town today and the shops are full of lovely things. I am in Scotland and we go back to work next week after the summer holidays, which always feels autumnal.

I have bought a lovely jumper in the Bella Freud sale, some Veja trainers, and some black Adidas Continental 80 trainers. I plan to get a couple of the “mock neck sweaters” from Stories once it gets a bit cooler - I had the grey one last year and wore it so much, but I have been wearing it around the house with “lounge wear”, and it’s a bit tatty. I am looking forward to leather skirts, and cords, which I already own. And 100 denier opaques! Faux furs!

JMAngel1 Fri 09-Aug-19 05:20:20

Usually I'm chomping at the bit for Autumn but this year I just feel a bit meh. I read a few roundups of trends and there's nothing groundbreaking - I must be getting old as just feel like, bloody hell, not again! Themes are leather, platforms, square toe boots, bottle green, reds, navy and camel/vanilla, oversized coats (again), ruffles, corsetry, dark florals, maxi and mini and sequins ( for Xmas, how novel).
I think I want some pleather peg high waisted trousers, waterproof trainers and a leather biker - Enid, I think the AS ones are too bulky too. I have a gorgeous pleather New Look one from years ago which I would love in a buttery leather - I might go to a tannery and see if I can have one custom made. I would also like a navy Max Mara style wrap coat without the price tag! For tops and jumpers, I'm going to try to find peplum styles as I've realised they suit my inverted triangle wuth apple tendencies shape. I'd also love a warm wool blazer, maybe in a camel or muted raspberry shade. Stella McCartney has done some gorgeous platform pull on boots in camel - if I could find a high strret version of them, I would be very happy.
Actually, I am getting a bit more excited thinking about it all.

SpeckledyHen Fri 09-Aug-19 06:15:42

Uniqlo cashmere is calling me .

LaPampa Fri 09-Aug-19 09:34:09

@SpeckledyHen me too. I live in the nine year round mind you, it’s very cosy on the beach in the summer over a bikini!

DisgruntledGuineaPig Fri 09-Aug-19 10:19:46

@blodynmawr - same! I usually pick up some jeans in Boden, and will find one or two things a season I like for me, but I was flipping through the catalogue yesterday and realised there was about 20 things I would look good in this season. I can't work out if they've just made a good collection for someone with my style/figure, or if it's a sign I've got old... grin

I'm continuing with my desire for a petite rain mac (Boden have one, but was very disappointing in the flesh), I could do with some work ankle boots. I really would like some thin layering jumpers that don't have too high a neckline, but not V neck as I feel too school uniform in those. Also boatneck tops - but Boden clearly have that covered !

Does anyone have a good link to basic "key trends" for this season? Are we done with mustard? I bloody hope so, it really drains me.

FestivaMaxima Fri 09-Aug-19 10:34:26

Following with excitement! I love A/W colours and styles. I was pregnant last year so felt like I was watching from the sidelines so very keen to get a few bits.
The only thing on my list so far are some black Chelsea/ other ankle boots in leather with low-ish heels

Floisme Fri 09-Aug-19 10:41:18

I've missed all the trends reports but, from a walk around H&M this week, it looks like oversized coats and blazers, corduroy, and brown. Or maybe I was just seeing what I wanted to see. (Yes I like brown so nerr.) Oh and lots of flowy stuff still.

As for my list: Some flat, lace up clumpy ankle boots, not black.
Curve / barrel leg jeans.
And possibly a warm and waterproof coat with hood, although I've got one that's perfectly serviceable and I'm not sure I'm ever going to find one I like any better.

DefinatelyAWeeGobshite Fri 09-Aug-19 10:41:49

I’ve just bought a load of dresses for tights. I’m sick of jeans so I’m on the hunt for even more dresses now.

Em012 Fri 09-Aug-19 11:02:25

Morning all first post here cant wait for autumn favourite season by far. Tights with cord skirts my chunky heeled boots, dungaree dresses layering up clothes dark berry lipstick🍁

Chanellta Fri 09-Aug-19 11:38:15

The best dressed seaso, I'm desperate for slim fitting boots and I'm getting another one of these possibly in teal or forest www.myexquisiteshop.com/collections/womens-bags/products/camila-small-shoulder-bagel-bag
I'm going back to my roots and getting my hair coloured a rich brown

Also want a quality warm scarf

Deathraystare Fri 09-Aug-19 12:16:31

Dread this time of year. Still feel hot (muggy weather) then I go in a shop and it is full of woolies and thick materials. I am fading fast!!!

Lumene Fri 09-Aug-19 14:02:30

Have got some berry coloured coated jeans from Next (one of the few places that does jeans of any kind that fit me at 6ft tall). Need some jumpers and the right footwear to wear with them.

Also a pleather Black A Line skirt from Oasis, ditto.

LuxuryWoman2018 Fri 09-Aug-19 16:02:39

I need jumpers too, loose fit, long. Also boots as mine are all on their last legs and getting beyond repair.

PeriComoToes Fri 09-Aug-19 16:04:41

Square toed boots you say? I need some of those, any links? Pref ankle.

I will be requiring some new navy wool trousers.

Some lovely socks that feel slightly luxurious, silky/merino.

A long line cardi probably merino.

Some nice tops that aren't t shirts or blouses (smart casual). Any suggestions?

A new hat.

Sigh81 Fri 09-Aug-19 16:06:49

Cannot wait. No new purchases planned for me this year (I have more than enough clothes) but looking forward to getting out the: tweed cape, polonecks, leather/wool pencil skirts, suede OTK boots, oversized cashmere jumpers, cocoon coats, vintage 50s skirt suits with nipped waists, brogues. Ooh, all of it!

PeriComoToes Fri 09-Aug-19 16:07:34

Love those bags chanellta sounds lovely me you already have one? How's the quality?

LuxuryWoman2018 Fri 09-Aug-19 16:28:07

I have a couple @PeriComoToes, very good quality, I have a few bags from them, now wanting a green!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Fri 09-Aug-19 16:29:36

I bought a pleather pencil skirt from Oasis last year, which I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this Autumn. If I do, I might upgrade to a leather one. Hoping to wear it with white trainers and a denim/camo jacket for a while, and then with jumpers and boots.

And I'm really hoping to find a black midi dress with full skirt, nipped in waist and short or elbow length sleeves.

Ellapaella Fri 09-Aug-19 16:36:27

I'm going to try not to spend too much but am on the look out for a maxi or midi dress and a couple of maxi skirts to wear with my cherry red DM's which I bought earlier this year and adore.
I also need a new winter coat, ideally a really warm wool one but not sure if such a thing exists.

Babdoc Fri 09-Aug-19 16:41:52

Autumn wardrobe? Hmm... I’m thinking built in driftwood oak with a fitted full length mirror... grin
Seriously, what happened to the clothes you wore last Autumn?!

OrdinarySnowflake Fri 09-Aug-19 17:27:28

Baddoc - some are worn out, some look dated, lots are too tight after my summer of excess.... grin

gotmychocolateimgood Fri 09-Aug-19 17:28:38

I only want to buy one item--a burgundy cord mini skirt. Things I already have:
Duffle coat
Dungaree dresses with soft long sleeve tops and leggings (sorry)
Oxblood Chelsea boots
Thick spotty tights
Jumper dresses

I love Autumn 👢🍁☔🧣

JMAngel1 Fri 09-Aug-19 17:31:55

Babdoc - very droll - actually a driftwood wardrobe sounds amazing and yes, you're right, we don't NEED anything but oh we sure do want! You're not my DH are you 😆

Batshittery Fri 09-Aug-19 17:41:50

Watching with interest smile

Lumene Fri 09-Aug-19 18:08:05

@Sigh81your wardrobe sounds amazing!

Floisme Fri 09-Aug-19 18:14:14

A driftwood wardrobe sounds really interesting Babdoc. Please post a pic if you do make one - I'd love to see it.

But do you really need another one?

Blueandredandblue Fri 09-Aug-19 18:54:32

I've already started. Love Autumn clothing. Sick and tired of sleeveless everything. I want to wear boots and knits.

JaimeBronde Fri 09-Aug-19 19:06:46

I'm after a pair of knee high Barbie boots (as I call them the ones with the stack heel) in black & possibly tan.
I would like another pair of black wedge ankle boots as the pair I have are on their way out.
I've seen a light beige faux leather biker jacket in M&S. I have the burgundy one from a few years back & I always get complemented on it.
Skinny trousers have seen some in various colours in H&M, would like Khaki, Brown, Black & Wine.
I've been collecting a few wrap tops from eBay over the last few months, a brand new Damsel in a Dress in red for £5, a hardly worn black Boden wrap top for £3. I've got my eye on a chocolate Phase Eight top too that's going for £1.50 but no bidders yet.

Although Spring is my favourite weather season. I think Autumn/Winter clothes are best.

Ooh & finally I'd love a walk in wardrobe............maybe one day smile

Nearlyadoctor Fri 09-Aug-19 19:08:18

I’ve seen a Ted Baker wool coat I really want but can’t decide on the colour - probably camel but love raspberry and teal. Also a new pair of Fairfax and Favour boots knee length in mahogany leather.
We moved house last December and I’ve bought next to nothing since - love Autumn Winter clothes.

elizabethreallyismissing Fri 09-Aug-19 19:18:57

I need some new work bits and so far have a blazer and a couple of tops from M&S!

The top is really nice, got 2 one in grey as well and had 20% off with my sparks offers.

Haven't had a chance for a look round the shops lately but I was quite tempted by some ASOS leather look leggings posted on another thread!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 09-Aug-19 19:36:28

I wear a uniform so no need to worry about work clothes .

I love A/W jumpers, chelsea boots or lace-up boots (and I have a pair of the western style ankle boots I haven't worn yet) jeggings (I only wear leggings if my top covers my bum, and I find jeans too restrictive )

I have a black/white blazer I will wear with black jeggings,boots and top.
I want a very lightweight coat like the Uniqlo ones but no down.

Sigh81 Fri 09-Aug-19 20:30:22

Thank you @lumene smile cannot wait to start wearing it all again!

I quite like summer but always feel at my best with no skin (though I like my skin!) on show but super form-fitting/hourglass shapes, drapes, nipped waists, strong shoulders (I have an hourglass figure), polo necks.

It makes me feel powerful and strong. I find it a bit harder to feel powerful and strong when I am perspiring on my way to a meeting and my hair is a frizzy mess thanks to the humidity!

PeriComoToes Fri 09-Aug-19 20:50:36

Also drooling over your wardrobe sigh81 please tell me where you are getting your nipped in things.

Sigh81 Fri 09-Aug-19 22:03:54

It's usually midcentury true vintage. Suits by Lilli Ann (50s) or Don Loper and smart 50s and 40s draped dresses. Pencil skirts (midi length) and silk blouses tucked in. Best place for vintage online is Etsy.

If I do buy modern, I have my seamstress alter absolutely everything (usually taken in at the waist) so it fits just so!

WhoEatsPopTarts Sat 10-Aug-19 07:23:16

I bought a Hush leather jacket last year in a petrol/grey blue it’s not too bulky and buttery soft, so I’d recommend having a look at them. I love the look of the mock neck sweater from Stories in particular the pistachio colour but grr it’s nearly all acrylic &polyester.

I fancy a good pair of biker boots and I also love these ones, but not sure I can spend that much www.kurtgeiger.com/women/shoes/boots/ankle/snail-black-leather-carvela-kurt-geiger

Do we think longer boots will be back yet? I miss them.

dudsville Sat 10-Aug-19 07:52:02

I recently watched the beginning of Heros. One of the characters wears a fabulous pair of cowboy boots. They have a2 inch heel. Great colour. Just the right degree of worn look. Really great. I know from attempts in the past that I would buy something that would too loudly scream "YEEHAW EVERYBODY, LOOK AT ME IN MY COWBOY BOOTS!!!". So I have to admire from a distance.

I love autumn. I have a great selection of corded trousers, merino jumpers seems ankle boots.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 10-Aug-19 08:14:35

I used to have some brilliant tan heeled boots from Dune that were essentially cowboy without the yeehaw. Wore them until they fell to pieces and have been looking for similar ever since. They were the only boots I've ever owned that worked with bare legs.

Chanellta Sat 10-Aug-19 11:02:15

@PeriComoToes sorry just seen, yes fantastic quality, they also have really good customer servic.

Scarf recomentations, I need large, warm and soft as I have sensitive skin

DisgruntledGuineaPig Sat 10-Aug-19 11:09:36

@Chanellta - how big are they? Could I get a Kindle in one?!

For Scarf - I've been looking at turtle doves recycled cashmere, but I've never ordered from them, so no idea of quality/service etc.

Chanellta Sat 10-Aug-19 11:12:57

No not a kindle but they have other bags disgruntled

DisgruntledGuineaPig Sat 10-Aug-19 11:19:31

why thank you, am always in the market for yet another small cross body bag I can fit basics in when I don't want to carry full bag (have been convinced a book or kindle must always count as basics!)

PeriComoToes Sat 10-Aug-19 12:17:13

Taking inspiration from you sigh81

Really like those bags channellt is delivery quick?

On the subject of cowboy boots, I hated them with a passion when they were in vogue late 80s (yes I am that old!) but in recent years I have found myself lingering over the black and silver ankle boot type ones, The Koople did a CRACKING pair a few years ago, bit over my budget but also not sure how my old mangled clompers would fair in the narrowing toes.

LuxuryWoman2018 Sat 10-Aug-19 12:46:27

I have the bag PerryComo delivery is what you'd expect 3 or 4 days.

I'm going to go and see if winter boots are in the shops yet, it's a funny time of year for shopping.

teta Sat 10-Aug-19 12:47:34

Turtledoves have some lovely things. I have a couple of their Kimono jackets and a large scarf. They sent me a email yesterday as they're selling some gorgeous one off pieces - patterned & flowery Cashmere scarfs but I really don't need any more. Scarfs are my weakness and I have about 20 already.
The delivery and service is very good . I also love the shop in Shrewsbury .

PeriComoToes Sat 10-Aug-19 15:26:44

Thanks luxury though no idea what colour to go for, am tempted with something very stand out like the aqua or bright pink.

LuxuryWoman2018 Sat 10-Aug-19 15:27:47

God almighty, it's chaos in the high street, back to school shopping and sale stuff everywhere. I'll have to wait until school goes back.

LuxuryWoman2018 Sat 10-Aug-19 18:58:14

Sorry Perrycomo I just saw your reply, I know, there’s so many colours it’s difficult to choose, still at that price.

I’m exhausted after shopping and everywhere looked like a jumble sale selling off bikinis and summer stuff. I don’t seem to have got much use out of my summer clothes this year, it’s not been the best weather wise.

DisgruntledGuineaPig Sat 10-Aug-19 19:27:29

No, last years summer stuff got a proper wear, this year, it's pretty much holiday only.

I'm debating [https://www.johnlewis.com/hobbs-petite-london-saskia-trench-coat-mocha/p4275249?size=6 this petite trench]] - so hard to find petite range rain macs. I'm not sure if I should hold out for more autumn ranges to be fully in.

I dont like shopping at this time either, nothing to wear now, not a full autumn range in the shops.

CountFosco Sat 10-Aug-19 19:31:00

Gawh, I want it to still be summer, I refuse to think about autumn yet. I have bought myself some Veja trainers and a navy top from COS but neither particularly autumny.

allpawsondeck Sat 10-Aug-19 21:09:33

Ahhhhh Autumn and winter are my absolute favourite seasons for clothes!! On my wish list:

Some tops in tan/brown/caramel colour
Madewell jeans once I’ve lost a stone
Warm waterproof cinched waist bum covering school run coat grin
Complete undies drawer revamp
Tan baby cord trousers if they suit me
Uniqlo pile lined lounge wear for lazy days at home with DD2

Things I’m looking forward to bringing back out:
Dark brown leather cowboy boots
LL Bean waterproof boots
All my lovely thick check shirts
Tan cashmere cardi
Grey cashmere belted cardi

Bring it on! 🧦🧣🍁🍂🔥☕️

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sat 10-Aug-19 21:13:33

Looking forward to bringing out:
*a brown floral midi dress which sounds disgusting but was one of my favourite purchases last year
*leather jacket
*black pixie boots
*tights!
*black pencil skirts and tube skirts

MulberryPeony Sat 10-Aug-19 21:43:09

I have just bought a Whistles oversized ochre cashmere sweater from Next clearance section. Would love something similar in dark grey or navy. Hoping to layer them up with T-shirt’s or blouses.

Already have lots of uniqlo merino to get back out and a cute tweed type of mini skirt. Lots of pleather skirts to recycle too.

Could do with some black heeled boots but not sure whether to go long or short?

Lettherebelight Sat 10-Aug-19 22:25:28

I have been looking and looking for a lovely midi dress in autumn colours if anyone has seen a good one? It's for work so can't be low cut unless I can fit a polo neck underneath. I got a summer one from warehouse and was surprised how flattering it was with heels.

LuxuryWoman2018 Sun 11-Aug-19 08:07:22

Mulberry I’m looking for long boots, I can visualise exactly what I want, slim fitting, soft leather, very plain, flat, discreet zip.

I bought a couple of pairs of boots in a sale a few years ago that were as comfortable as slippers but I finally wore them out, lasted well though.

hammeringinmyhead Sun 11-Aug-19 08:12:54

I was also pregnant in 2018 and then gave birth in November so effectively missed last year - I wore a lot of maternity leggings and swishy drapey cardigans which I do still like.

I need another pair of knee-high boots in chestnut, probably from Duo, and I usually get a really good piece of knitwear. I wore my Celtic and Co cable cardi to death last year. I also want some Chelsea boots to go with my shirt dresses for going back to work part-time.

RushianDisney Sun 11-Aug-19 08:34:29

I've got a fab tweed and velvet mini skirt from Luella that I got on eBay in the summer that I can't wait to wear. I have a matching jacket that I bought years ago and have been looking for the skirt for a long time! Going to wear with my old Zara patent cowboy boots, old Bella Freud jumper and tights.

bebeboeuf Sun 11-Aug-19 08:37:23

I’m looking forward to buying a much coveted pair of DocMarten Averil boots and I will also enjoy wearing sleeved dresses with tights again.

I also hope I can wear my pinafore dress again. I bought it 3 years ago at my skinniest but got pregnant a week later and haven’t really been able to fit into it since, but working on that

Atalune Sun 11-Aug-19 08:52:28

I am planning on wearing some of my summer stuff with an autumn twist so....

This strait skater dress with a black t short under and some black tights with some boots and either a slouchy cardigan or my leather all saints biker.

Black jumpsuit with a grey shirt under, sleeves rolled up and black nike trainers.

TapasForTwo Sun 11-Aug-19 10:08:21

I’m kind of with PickAChew and Babdoc, but like to add a couple of new pieces to my wardrobe. As I stick to the same colours all the time I don’t feel the need to replace my wardrobe every season. And owning either classic or deeply unfashionable clothes (grin) my clothes don’t really change from one year to the next or look dated as I never wear high fashion anyway. I just update them a little. Accessories like scarves etc just last me forever.

My problem is that I find autumn the hardest time of year to buy clothes because autumnal colours just don’t suit me at all. As a winter I find winter colours very difficult to find at this time of year.

I agree with JMAngel1 in that the current fashions are very deja vu. Everything around is just a repeat of the 1990s, although I love midi pleated skirts and am hunting for a navy blue one. Can anyone suggest anything?

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 11-Aug-19 10:50:16

I wore a lot of cropped jumpsuits through winter, with longsleeved t-shirts layered underneath, fishnet popsocks and boots. Looking forward to doing that again.

Very jealous of those of you with Bella Freud jumpers.

MorrisZapp Sun 11-Aug-19 10:56:45

Cowboy boots? Really? I love a Western as much as the next woman but surely cowboy boots are agony to wear?

Think I tried a pair on once and my feet screamed.

bebeboeuf Sun 11-Aug-19 10:58:50

I’d never heard of Bella feud jumpers before and now I really want one but hey are so pricy!

Judystilldreamsofhorses Sun 11-Aug-19 11:47:39

bebe I have a few which I have bought in the summer sale over the years. I do bits of freelance work on top of my normal job so tend to earmark some of the cash. They wear really well - I just bung them in the machine on a wool wash.

BenWillbondsPants Sun 11-Aug-19 12:07:26

I've bought a rust colour blazer, leopard print chiffon blouse, dark green jumper, black leather UGG trainers. Not to wear all at once obvs. smile

LuxuryWoman2018 Sun 11-Aug-19 12:46:59

@BenWillbondsPants would you have a link to the blazer please? Or you own picture? I'd like something like that.

Lobeliablue Sun 11-Aug-19 16:22:46

I had lots of help on a recent shopping thread, I have £40 of birthday money left and could probably add £30 to that for boots but I’d rather spend less, is patent old hat?

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 11-Aug-19 16:56:53

Might be worth a look on the Clarks outlet site for boots.

applesandacorns Sun 11-Aug-19 17:57:10

I love autumn! October is my favourite month of the year. smile

I'm currently after a light, waterproof, hip-length puffer jacket in either black or pale pink, and some black 'fashion' hiking boots.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 11-Aug-19 18:09:02

Any articles yet about what is in for A/W?

Usually round this time the predictions are out there .

( Featuring purple / tartan/ velvet/ mustard/ brocade/paisley)
And short hair will be in because I am growing mine out ( I won't be cutting it short again)

Whattodoinleeds Sun 11-Aug-19 19:04:48

@WhoEatsPopTarts just fallen in love with those boots!!

BenWillbondsPants Sun 11-Aug-19 19:44:04

@LuxuryWoman2018 sorry, only saw your post a little while ago. This is the blazer - not a great photo, it's a bit 'rustier' in real life. Also go a fab bargain with this Baukjen mac which I absolutely love.

Anni3getyourgun Sun 11-Aug-19 19:53:09

Ooh, I like this. This time last year I’d just had a baby and was living in leggings, so I’m so ready to embrace autumn clothes properly this year. No idea what the trends are though!

On my list...
Great quality 3/4 sleeve denim tunic to wear with long black leather boots and tights or leggings. I saw a lady looking so chic in this combo last year and have coveted it ever since.
Boden Leaton ankle boots
Boden Faye shirt
Boden Amy tunic (can you tell I just got the Boden catalogue too?)
Air and Grace high top trainers
Lovely cotton shirts to wear with the jeans I can finally fit into again (thank you Slimming World)

That’s it for now I think

LuxuryWoman2018 Sun 11-Aug-19 19:56:55

BenWillbondsPants. the blazer is very nice, love the colour but OMG seriously that Mac, I want it! It’s gorgeous. Great find.

BenWillbondsPants Sun 11-Aug-19 20:20:25

You can still get it @LuxuryWoman2018 - I love a bargain! The quality is beautiful and it'll last me for years, it's a very classic shape which appealled to me.

www.baukjen.com/products/clarke-trench-classic-navy?ranMID=39036&ranEAID=gcdL%2FATRVoE&ranSiteID=gcdL_ATRVoE-eD8bU0ZrYhYhDBxHeCZdqg&utm_source=LinkshareUK&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=10&utm_content=2523611&siteID=gcdL_ATRVoE-eD8bU0ZrYhYhDBxHeCZdqg

LuxuryWoman2018 Sun 11-Aug-19 21:25:07

I’m hovering over the pay button BenWillbondsPants I can’t really justify it but it is lovely.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 11-Aug-19 21:47:28

’*I'm hovering over the pay button*

Do It

It's £104 down from £299 that's a third of the price ........................................... and it's classic

You want it really don't cha.............?

Buy it ............. <<enabler>>

Lumene Sun 11-Aug-19 22:10:26

I just bought the Mac. I blame mumsnet.

growlingbear Sun 11-Aug-19 22:16:56

Red flouncy maxi dress with a leather belt and Mary Poppins-style lace up boots.

I need a biker jacket. Lightweight suede or very soft leather. Any suggestions?

YahBasic Sun 11-Aug-19 22:28:15

Have just bought some Hudson Apisi boots in leopard print. That’s me done for A/W shoes now.

In terms of clothes, I’m wanting to stock up on Autumnal colours. Pencil skirts, crew & v neck jumpers, patterned blouses & high waisted trousers in interesting textures are on my list.

I ideally want to lose about half a stone, to get me back into my regular wardrobe & then have a bit of a clear out first.

Atalune Sun 11-Aug-19 22:32:52

I want a pair of suede ankle boots with a low V or dip in them to replace a pair I had from Clark’s.

I know these have been around for a while, but the low v is just so flattering on the leg.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Sun 11-Aug-19 22:47:58

My Hudson boots are so beautiful.

And so horribly uncomfortable. sad

Atalune Sun 11-Aug-19 23:02:15

I had heard Hudson’s were uncomfortable- thin soles?

I have a gorg pair of buckled grey suede babies from mint velvet. Thin soles.

BenWillbondsPants Sun 11-Aug-19 23:40:37

@Lumene you needed the mac, can't be helped!

BenWillbondsPants Sun 11-Aug-19 23:41:39

Bit it's such a good buy @LuxuryWoman2018 ... and tis a thing of beauty.

FabalaTheGreenGirl Mon 12-Aug-19 07:13:44

I have enough clothes! Also i'm thrifty and i make stuff (or i try). I'm looking forward to getting out:
The wool cape I bought in a charity shop for a fiver
My dark green pleated velvet midi skirt, as well as sparkly pink pleated midi skirt
Finally wearing the All Saints biker (I've been too scared of ruining it)
Velvet and cord berry coloured miniskirts black polonecks and some of the long necklaces I've made this summer
Finally, some vintage 70s super wide leg powder-blue Ozzy Clark trousers that were gifted to me by a friend, and that I've taken out at the seams to fit (they were a size 6 originally omg. Now more like a 12)

FabalaTheGreenGirl Mon 12-Aug-19 07:14:28

I'm also going to be rocking faux leather trousers and chunky cashmere sweaters!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »