Talk

Advanced search

Leather/leather look leggings

(30 Posts)
crushingonpacey Wed 07-Aug-19 07:26:48

So I have lost a little bit of weight recently and if I keep it off I have been thinking about leather leggings for autumn. I'm a mum of a little one who will soon be crawling so will be wearing them with trainers or flat boots.

Can anyone help me with this look? Will it look good? At 35 am I too old? How would I style them?

Where do I buy them? I live elsewhere in Europe so I would have to order online somewhere that delivers abroad? Because of this any help with sizing would be appreciated...big fitting or small fitting etc

I feel like that is a lot of questions so if you can help that would much much appreciated...

Verite1 Wed 07-Aug-19 07:57:11

Definitely not too old. I wear them with big jumpers boots or trainers or oversized silk shirts on an evening. I have some baukjen leather leggings which I like but if you are between sizes size down. I got both of mine in sale but they don’t seem to ever go on sale now. But you can usually at least get a 20.% off code. Reiss had a gorgeous pair of biker leggings in sale but I didn’t get them quickly enough and they sold out in my size. OUTNET is also good for a look. Lots are outrageously expensive but I did pick up a bargain from there as well.

HundredMilesAnHour Wed 07-Aug-19 10:13:42

Hush do good leather leggings:

www.hush-uk.com/leather-leggings-2-black.htm?trackterm=lea

Or at the cheaper end, Asos own brand do really good leather look leggings. I buy them a lot as they're really comfy and wash well.

www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-leather-look-legging/prd/12815282?clr=black&colourWayId=16441057&SearchQuery=asos%20leather%20leggings

babasaclover Wed 07-Aug-19 10:35:21

@HundredMilesAnHour those ASOS ones look amazing!!!

crushingonpacey Thu 08-Aug-19 08:47:35

Thank you guys so so much!! I think that the hush and other expensive ones are a little bit of a stretch for me, especially as I'm not 100% sure I can pull off the look!

But...those ASOS ones look perfect!!! I think I will be purchasing v v soon 😊

Thank you!!

MadisonMontgomery Thu 08-Aug-19 15:34:30

Spanx leather look leggings are seriously the best thing ever - they suck you in & are actually really comfy!

HundredMilesAnHour Thu 08-Aug-19 15:49:49

In the autumn/winter, I pretty much live in the Asos ones. Lots of people have complimented me on them. I will be heartbroken if they ever stop stocking them.

I have 2 pairs of the Hush ones and despite them being so much more expensive, I prefer the Asos ones. And the price makes them a bargain! I always have a couple of pairs on the go (I use older ones for when I work in a wildlife hospital and I'm crawling about cleaning dirty pens out...the leggings are so practical and pretty much wipe clean).

mynameiscalypso Thu 08-Aug-19 17:43:39

Love the look of those ASOS ones; what's the sizing like? I was a 10/12 before pregnancy (due next week) so was thinking of going for the 12?

crushingonpacey Fri 09-Aug-19 08:16:03

So I bought the leather ones as they were on sale, and I added a few other bits to get free delivery. I ordered the size 10 (or 38), as I would rather they be tight than loose. I have just skimmed down to a size 10 (although it is hard to really know with the way sizes change), but I had a proper piggy day yesterday, so fingers crossed they fit when they arrive...

Thank you again, I knew Mumsnet would be able to help!

crushingonpacey Tue 13-Aug-19 12:11:11

So my leather ASOS leggings arrived and they are amazing!! And the size ten is perfect!!

Thank you so much again for the help!! smile

Jiggy16 Tue 13-Aug-19 14:40:47

Can I just jump in and ask, love the idea of leather look leggings and always want to try them, but what do people wear with them? I basically live in trainers jeans and long tops/jumpers as I've quite big thighs/hips/tummy! Don't mean to derail the thread but like the look of those ASOS ones aswell but I certainly can't pull off what the model is wearing with them!

crushingonpacey Tue 13-Aug-19 14:57:37

I plan to wear trainers/boots with them and an oversized grey jumper, or a white t-shirt and long cardigan...

I wouldn't wear what the model has on either!!

I'm so impressed with the quality, and the fact they aren't too shiny

Jiggy16 Tue 13-Aug-19 15:16:57

Thanks! Are they flattering on? My legs are in amazing shape, nervous they could look a bit naff on me, it's the ASOS £22 ones u got yea?

GemmeFatale Tue 13-Aug-19 17:04:00

I wear mine with over sized tops and trainers. They’re the perfect winter clothing item for looking like you made an effort while actually wearing your pjs.

emma6776 Tue 13-Aug-19 18:40:40

I’ve got the mint velvet ones and they’re even comfier than the Asos ones! I love mine!

crushingonpacey Tue 13-Aug-19 18:50:16

My legs aren't amazing, I have lots of cellulite, but they look great on and don't show any of this...

And yep, it's the £22 ASOS ones. I can't wait until it gets cooler where I live so I can wear them!

managedmis Tue 13-Aug-19 18:52:29

Hum, interesting!

Might try a pair on

EatenByDinosaurs Tue 13-Aug-19 19:11:13

I second the Spanx recommendation, they are amazing! I live in leather/pleather leggings in Autumn, winter and spring too.

I wear mine with black leather or suede knee length or over the knee boots, and usually either a loose silk long sleeved blouse or oversized cashmere jumper. Usually with a black cape coat, Kylo Ren style as DC helpfully put it hmm grin.

Some times I wear them with pointed toe flats, if its not boots weather.

EatenByDinosaurs Tue 13-Aug-19 19:12:59

Like this. And leather/pleather leggings are so amazingly flattering, never found any other trousers which are like them!!

Jiggy16 Tue 13-Aug-19 20:07:15

Great thanks for the suggestions! Anything that looks like I've made a bit of effort but is super comfy is def what I'm after! Love that outfit in the photo, unfortunately my legs are chunkier than that!

Jiggy16 Tue 13-Aug-19 20:14:45

Love this outfit! Don't know if I could pull it off, has anyone any good suggestions for camel coats like this? Earring on the cheap side too!

Alwayscheerful Tue 13-Aug-19 22:19:08

Can anyone recommend the Wolford leggings?

Branster Tue 13-Aug-19 22:54:42

Definitely not too old at 35 for this style OP!
I get mine from H&M in synthetic leather, they have a bit of stretch and are washable around £20-£30 in non shiny black but sometimes they have other colours too which I never tried. Their sizing can be a bit on the small size, hit and miss of lately so I try on different sizes. You can order online in most countries. I usually choose an option with pockets jeans style as I find it looks a bit inappropriate if there’s nothing on my behind with such a tight fit (thought the same in my 20s so not age related, just to do with irrational modesty maybe). I wear mine with short black boots any size heel pointy or square at the front. For top part either tight long sleeve top or loose but slightly fitted at the waist shirt both options just skimming waistline and if it’s cold I’d wear a fitted blazer with sleeve showing from underneath or longer wool wrap or jumper. Textures on top are key and I think silk or soft mohair soften the look so it’s not too edgy. In warmer weather I wear with a tight plain short sleeve cotton top which is not cut too low or a long vest top and ballerina style flats.
I’ve never been brave enough to invest in a real leather pair though. If I did, I’d really want a dark brown version.

Itcouldbeyou Wed 14-Aug-19 18:49:08

Off the back of this thread I bought the ASOS leggings and the Spanx Leather look ones
Definitely tell the difference in quality
The ASOS ones are very nice and worth the price and I will buy another pair for everyday where
But OMG the Spanxs ones are the best ever worth every penny
I’ve never had a pair of leggings that look this good and feel amazing
Definitely recommend the Spanx leggings

origamiunicorn Wed 14-Aug-19 18:55:07

At 35 am I too old?

No definitely not too old OP. You're never too old. It's nice seeing the previous posts echoing this too.

Seriously the amount of pins on Pinterest with "what to wear in your 30s/40s/50s is depressing AND always written by women none the less.

Wear what you like and what makes you happy and ignore people who want to make you feel bad for dressing how you like after 30.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »