Talk

Advanced search

Hushistas on Toast

(1000 Posts)
ilovecherries Wed 31-Jul-19 20:56:59

Old thread https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/3633539-Hushistas-keep-on-keeping-on

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:00:09

Love the title smile Thanks cherries

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:01:06

Just posting this again:

I ordered both the toast pinafore and the hush one just to see. I really cant afford it but I am nosey! If I like either then the toast diamond dress will go back. It may go back anyway as I am not sure if I would wear it that much.
I received the hush pinafore in a 12 today and it was teeny on me. Not sure about it tbh but ordered the 14 and may return anway.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:03:12

Its different from the image. The straps are closer together on the hush one which I dislike but thought I needed to scratch the itch so ordered the 14

Laska2Meryls Wed 31-Jul-19 21:04:10

cherries dd you keep the Japanese trousers? These are the S,(posting again as new thread I love them , but perhaps they could be the ones to go back .. these were the blue again, the top is really nice .. I think I am keeping that, and the green dress

Laska2Meryls Wed 31-Jul-19 21:06:38

Toast top and dress if you missed it on the end of last thread
Id love to see the pinafores never when you have them to compare..

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:06:40

I like the second outfit but that's not todays purchases? I would say definitely keep the whole of the blue outfit.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:08:12

Will post them if they fit me lol... I could barely get the hush one in a 12 on, it was so rigid! I have definitely lost a bit of weight day 8 for me of the fast 800 but it did depress me a little sad
Then again, hush sizes are all over the place!

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:09:35

I love the paisley dress. I wore it the other day with my plimsoles. My dh like it very much and so did both my dd's. Its a keeper. Looks lovely on you @laska.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:10:08

Its also unusual.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:11:35

Its also very very cool to wear [ the paisley dress] None of your polyester or viscose.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:11:57

Oh I didn't bother with the slip it came with. Makes it too flouncy.

Laska2Meryls Wed 31-Jul-19 21:18:40

I got the blue trousers last week ( they could still go back) , The top I bought before my holiday and wore loads..
Here is the dress in more close up. Its the 14 , worn without slip, I couldn't get away with smaller , even if they still had it because of norks
I dont think its too big , but are the tiers a bit whomphy on me? Its a bit difficult with photos..

Has anyone ever seem Toast on Brand Alley Btw?

Oh * cherries* thanks for the new thread. I love the name !!

Laska2Meryls Wed 31-Jul-19 21:19:49

oh cross posted.. yes I do want to keep the dress. I do love it..

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:34:41

No the dress looks perfect on you @Laska. I wont wear it with the slip. It makes it poof out. I like it on you and super comfy. Its so cool and beautiful cotton. Keep for sure.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:35:21

You don't need the slip. Its not see through.

neveradullmoment99 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:36:58

The liquorice trousers look like they will grow to big for you quickly. I say return those. I like the block pattern top. Had considered it myself and its useful for winter as it has long sleeves.

justilou1 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:42:20

Lady Laska, you are looking stunning with latest haul! Can see why they can’t go back to the shop!!!

twosoups1972 Wed 31-Jul-19 21:51:43

Thanks for new thread @ilovecherries great title!

ilovecherries Wed 31-Jul-19 22:57:45

I don’t have the Japanese ones, laska. My lapis blue ones are the wide linen ones. I tried the Japanese ones ages ago in JL - couldn’t get the large on. With hindsight, they MUST have had the wrong label on them, as everything else I have from them is 10 or 12, but at the time I was just horrified that a large from Toast was too small. The linen ones in lapis blue I posted the other day are S and everyone else said they were too big so basically, who knows 🤷‍♀️. Given you are losing weight and also that linen stretches out, if I were to send anything back, it would probably be maybe one pair of the trousers, and keep the other for wearing just now.

Laska2Meryls Thu 01-Aug-19 10:20:27

Thanks! I have decided to send the greay ones back , ( i dont love them as much as the blue anyway, . but am keeping the rest ., In fact i an wearing the green dress now, love it . and its just so beautifully made as well, as well. Toast may be expensive but al the seams are beautifully finished , and double stitched and no annoying loose ends .. even the labels sewn on nicely..

The under slip of the dress is almost good enough as a dress in itself, It certainly is good enough for a beach dress

so back to Hush .... I still do like the Olive Chamonix .. and I am sure I will get.. I dont think they will sell out as they still have the blue and the caramel ones and so am waiting for the full collection now..

I hope some of the others will be along on this thread soon.. be good to see what they have been buying.

ilovecherries Thu 01-Aug-19 10:46:41

I like the olive chamonix as well, but I already have the Keiras (which are more workwear for me, and a pair of olive cotton poplin ones from Cos which I love so I think that’s enough green for me.

Laska2Meryls Thu 01-Aug-19 10:51:20

I also thought that about my Keiras (and which are exactly the same shade- and also workwear) .. Also Heck , I have already bought enough for this month!!

twosoups1972 Thu 01-Aug-19 11:02:34

Love the dress @laska looks really lovely on you. Wonder how long you'll hold out before getting the olive chamonix gringrin

Well kudos to Nobody's Child - ordered yesterday, arrived today smile Will try and post some pictures later. I've still got a few dresses that I've yet to decide about, Boden and Mango. I am a bit of a sucker for a dress!

NotAnActualSheep Thu 01-Aug-19 11:31:16

Hello - thanks for the new thread cherries ! i will ignore the fact that I fell off the other one - but just to say everyone looks lovely as usual. (Especially love just's makeup and scary family). I just can't keep up...

The green dress looks great on you laska . Really pretty. I hate it when things you order on a whim are actually nice and you sooo want to keep them - but, yes, keep that definitely. I agree that it may not be necessary to have 2 pairs of the japanese trousers, though they do suit you. Especially with weight loss. If you prefer the blue, I'd send the grey ones back or send them to me . The checked top is lovely though and would go with loads of bottoms (have you tried with the chamonix?). i don't think that would suffer too much from weight loss as its supposed to be oversized and would just go more wafty. Would still hang nicely I think. I think they have the odd toast thing on BA but never seen loads (though haven't been looking i must say...)

I reckon you probably will end up getting the olive chamonix too - but i agree that you should be able to wait for them (at least til a discount) grin .

soups - not heard of Nobody's Child... What do you think of the quality? The dresses do look nice and are good value. I like the star one that's on their home page. I really shouldn't have looked...I don't need another brand to consider...

This thread is not accepting new messages.