Talk

Advanced search

Lets talk SHOES - for travelling in...

(64 Posts)
MascaraOHara Wed 01-Aug-07 08:29:54

Normally I'm a killer heel girl but I recognise that killer heels with a 5YO, suitcases, escalators etc are completely impractical.. so I don't want to to take trainers as will not wear them once on holiday.

I'm thinking maybe investing in a pair of white ballerina pumps.. what do you reckon?

I don't want to take jeans as will be too hot so if I travelled in white cropped combats a vest and pumps would I look chavvy? I have some lovely cool linen trousers which I will pack but thought they would look hideous if I travelled in them..

What are your favourite shoes to travel in? Flip flops would be great but too difficult to struggle round the airport in I'm thinking

heifer Wed 01-Aug-07 08:44:51

agree not worth taking trainers and best not to wear linen trousers as will get creased etc.

How about a pair of wedges

something like this (love the azure myself

heifer Wed 01-Aug-07 08:45:44

actually there more practical wedge shoes around... but I thought you were more likely to wear this type if you love high heels....

MascaraOHara Wed 01-Aug-07 08:49:59

wedges might be a pretty good idea actually.. never thought of that.. not sure about open toe as will be (mostly) carrying dd whilst lugging suitcase on and off trolleys/escalators etc

Are those fabric wedges still around? normally don't go for wedges so have no idea.. hmmm.

Do you think I'd have to travel in a skirt if wearing wedges?

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 08:54:03

flip flops are great for travellling.

or converse trainers

wedges and skirt or wedges and jeans

heifer Wed 01-Aug-07 09:00:17

closed toe

don't see why couldn't wear wedges with cropped trousers (although maybe not combats)...

StarryStarryNight Wed 01-Aug-07 09:01:09

Hi there,
If you normally wear very high heals, and you suddenly wear something flat (like flip flops) for extended period of time bear in mind that the tendons just above your heals in your ancle region will have shortened quite dramatically, and by wearing flat shooes you will be stretching them, and this could be extremely painful, and inflamed....

Some heal would be the answer, wedges like somebody suggested is not so bad?

FCH Wed 01-Aug-07 09:03:54

I always travel in balerina pumps or wedges - office do good wedges and always seem to have a sale on!

heifer Wed 01-Aug-07 09:04:41

just looked in next online sale and they still have some enclosed wedges (actually quite nice colours too)...

hope this helps

MascaraOHara Wed 01-Aug-07 09:10:36

See now I'm thinking, if I travel in wedges, I could wear them in the evenings too.. could always pack a pair of pumps (would be lighter) along with my flip flops.

I wear trainers a fair bit (in the gym) and have some cut down converse that I wear with jeans so not worried about my tendons.

I think I've been swayed towards wedges and a skirt/vest.. will start searching round. I've never bought a pair of wedges before, are they difficult to walk in?

MascaraOHara Wed 01-Aug-07 09:16:46

Do you like these?

heifer Wed 01-Aug-07 09:21:14

yes I like them but think a fabric pair would be more versatile on holiday.

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 09:22:38

i really likie them. Not sure if they would be brilliant for a holiday - hot feet, sand, water etc?

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 09:22:39

i really likie them. Not sure if they would be brilliant for a holiday - hot feet, sand, water etc?

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 09:22:40

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 09:22:40

FCH Wed 01-Aug-07 09:23:02

They are very easy to walk in - really comfy and supportive!!

FluffyMummy123 Wed 01-Aug-07 09:23:14

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 09:23:33

these

FluffyMummy123 Wed 01-Aug-07 09:24:02

Message withdrawn

FluffyMummy123 Wed 01-Aug-07 09:24:24

Message withdrawn

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 09:24:49

these

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 09:25:35

these

Cod she then came back with high wedges so I am going witht hat theme

MascaraOHara Wed 01-Aug-07 09:26:20

Going to egypt, 5hr flight I think so going to be a long day of travelling alone with dd.

I'm too tall for platform really. I'm about 6ft in heels so can't really do another 2inch wedge without looking like a drag queen

Beetroot Wed 01-Aug-07 09:26:52

If it wereme I would wear flip flops (not plastic ones) or trainers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now